Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Just now, fathom said:

Just checked twitter and good lord, this is the biggest meltdown I’ve seen about a coaching move since the Tennessee football debacle.

Fathom, it’s the worst hiring in a very long time. There is no other way to put it. Disgustingly bad and the Sox deserve every ounce of wrath that comes their way

15 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

So you buy into one of the guy oj the board who has proven sources' posts and then don't believe a post by the same poster 5 minutes later? If anyone on this board has any idea of how all this went down, it would be Jimmy.

I'm not a big insider guy on things that aren't the news the team wants you to release.

Its not first or even second hand information and its distorted by the opinion of whoever gave it.

I never said this while he was here (don or the player) but I knew a recent sox player well through my best buddy. When we were together talking baseball and sox He said "all the pitchers hated Cooper and that he was lazy as fuck" and didn't put in the work. Turns out that one pitcher felt that way and it happened to be a pitcher that was of course this players boy. Let's just say not every pitcher agreed.

I dont doubt for one second that jimmy heard hahn wanted hinch. I dont doubt for one second that jimmy heard hahn wasn't a tlr guy. What I do doubt is that Rick hahn expressed and fought against larussa and was explicitly overruled and told to ff off. 

I think he likely interviewed and hahn came away accepting.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

11 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Do you really think that TLR would have a replacement on his bench. His ego wont allow for that. His coaching staff will be filled with old dusters and guys from yesteryear.  

I was only saying that if Rick was somehow was on-board with this, but I don’t believe that for a minute.  But fuck, this will be even worse if he brings back a lot of his old crew.  Much more manageable if they force some younger guys like Jirschele & Zaleski on him.

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Loyalty? What loyalty? The dude was just named Executive of the Year by his peers and he's not allowed to choose the club's next manager which is part of his job description. 

OK, then blow this can of worms open so that we can support a full public backlash on JR BEFORE its announced. LETS GO!

7 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't really give a shit what you're buying or not buying. 

Cool. High five to you. Always hilarious when people get defensive like this. Jimmy, you been telling people for weeks it would be hinch. Now its not, but we should listen to the insider info still and buy the new spin? 

Is the info good or is it not? You have every reason in the world to say hahn wanted hinch and was overruled. You reported it would be hinch. Its not. Churn churn.

• Fire 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Cool. High five to you. Always hilarious when people get defensive like this. Jimmy, you been telling people for weeks it would be hinch. Now its not, but we should listen to the insider info still and buy the new spin? 

Is the info good or is it not?

It sounds like his source is as pissed as he is. This shit should leak harder if thats true. If source is pissed and RH is pissed, lets go. 

People would lose their jobs, though. So that sucks.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Is the info good or is it not?

I'm telling you what happened and you keep disregarding it. I'm not sure what the next step is here. It's apparently you just willfully believing whatever you'd like to believe. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

We were told money would not be an issue when the time was right.  So what bargain basement guys are coming on board.  

A pandemic doesn’t help, and just cause the Sox potentially have resources doesn’t mean other teams don’t either. 

11 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Loyalty? What loyalty? The dude was just named Executive of the Year by his peers and he's not allowed to choose the club's next manager which is part of his job description. 

I agree with this. When you don’t allow your employees to do their job when they are actually doing there job to help the team or organization succeed, it’s a punch to the face. This will appear to other front office people in the league that there is dysfunction in the organization and no one will want to come here. RH will leave in a year or two because he will get soo tired of putting up with it. 

Edited by maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, South Sider said:

It sounds like his source is as pissed as he is. This shit should leak harder if thats true. If source is pissed and RH is pissed, lets go. 

People would lose their jobs, though. So that sucks.

If the source is not rick hahn, speaking from some position of absolutes is laughable. If the source is rick hahn then jimmy can quietly sit on his throne and laugh at my ignorance gleefully. 

I'll guess hahn is here this year and next and beyond and that tlr and hahn are buddies and all is well though.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

A pandemic doesn’t help, and just cause the Sox potentially have resources doesn’t mean other teams don’t either. 

Everyone is in the same damn boat when it comes to the pandemic. Overall the Sox have saved the past few years and profited off shit ass product on the field no one wants to hear they are affected due to Covid, absolutely everyone is. 

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'm telling you what happened and you keep disregarding it. I'm not sure what the next step is here. It's apparently you just willfully believing whatever you'd like to believe. 

ok and I'm saying if you did not hear this from Rick Hahn it's meaningless. If you did then I tip my cap to you. Fact is though, you'd never reveal your source and no sox media member will blow this story up so what we have is speculation and me not having a clue as to what the real story is because I have as many sources in the front office as ChiSox1917 has good ideas in his head.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Is the info good or is it not? You have every reason in the world to say hahn wanted hinch and was overruled. You reported it would be hinch. Its not. Churn churn.

Nothing Jimmy has said isn’t true.  He said Hinch would be the guy because that’s who Hahn wanted and blatantly described at his end of season press conference.  How would have known Jerry would supersede him and give his buddy the job as part of some late life crisis?  It’s literally never happened in his career as owner of the Sox or Bulls.

Furthermore, there is no one on the internet who has a better track record when it comes to inside information relating to the White Sox.  If Jimmy says that Hahn got overruled here when at the same time all logic suggests a La Russa hiring would not be ideal for Hahn, I think it’s pretty easy to believe what’s he saying.  Jimmy literally has no agenda here, he’s simply sharing what he knows.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Is La Russa all but official from what you’re hearing or is it still somewhat up in the air?

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic