Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

We would know.  Not to mention the turn around time on that what be ridiculous especially considering when all this stuff started to come out.  I get people wanting to be optimistic here and hope to hell I'm wrong but if we hear something today, it's Tony.

Not if it was virtual.

There are reports that we interviewed some other candidates as well but those names were not disclosed. The only one that was leaked was TLR but there is a possibility that we interviewed Hinch yesterday but we just don’t know about it yet because they are being tight lipped or something else.

Edited by maloney.adam

30 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You've got some sensitivity issues, bud. 

I learned about 20 years ago that if I post my opinions on the internet, some people may not agree and there's no sense in getting upset at those people. Have a good one, champ.

Ok, Homer.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Kinda like your time on this board?

I'm wrong all the time; also have no problem admitting it. 

Renteria was a train wreck in the playoffs and those who wanted him fired were right all along. See how easy that is?

I find message boards fascinating; I joke around, have a good time, throw some jabs in good fun and people like you take it all so personally. I don't name call or get personal and I try to go over the top to show appreciation for thoughts when I'm going to disagree. If you that all bothers you, I'm sorry to hear that. You're free to block my posts, in case you were wondering.

I come to places like this to read people who disagree with me to gain more knowledge/insight and figure out if I'm missing something. I certainly don't come here reading dissenting views thinking I know everything. People are more likely to post about something they don't agree with. The board would be pretty boring if all the posts were merely responses that said "i agree." 

Have a good one, CHAMP!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd be cool never seeing barstool Dave here again.  We got enough blowhards.

I hate that he's even considered "our" guy. Hate him being tied to the team. I think i've blocked like 4 guys on twitter in my life - he's one of them. One of the worst out there.. he's a cartoon. 

That goes for all of hte Chicago Barstool guys. Big Cat was a nice representation of the midwest, chicago, etc. The rest of these clowns are try-hards who to me, are "acting" more than being themselves and to me, it doesn't come off as funny in the slightest. Wish they'd have better representation of Chicago. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And this is a major reason why Rick Hahn should leave.

Yea I've said this for awhile if Hahn doesn't have full authority he's cucking himself and nothing good will come of it for the Sox and Hahn.  If they hire La Russa it's fair to ask how much control he really has in the C suite.

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

I hate that he's even considered "our" guy. Hate him being tied to the team. I think i've blocked like 4 guys on twitter in my life - he's one of them. One of the worst out there.. he's a cartoon. 

That goes for all of hte Chicago Barstool guys. Big Cat was a nice representation of the midwest, chicago, etc. The rest of these clowns are try-hards who to me, are "acting" more than being themselves and to me, it doesn't come off as funny in the slightest. Wish they'd have better representation of Chicago. 

You just summed up the entire barstool brand.  Sadly this style plays with zoomers and even many older people. 

dream release today:

"After talking it over with my family, I have decided to stay in retirement. I thank the white sox and chairman Jerry Reinsdorf for his interest, and may find a role within the organization to stay involved in the game of baseball that I love."

^ tony you can just copy that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea I've said this for awhile if Hahn doesn't have full authority he's cucking himself and nothing good will come of it for the Sox and Hahn.  If they hire La Russa it's fair to ask how much control he really has in the C suite.

I keep reading that Hahn is upset or not on board with TLR. What proof exists showing this to be the case? Especially when TLR is announced a candidate front runner directly after Hahn's presser.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

!. Sox hire Tony LaRussa

2. Sox fans look for silver lining

3. Sox fans get aluminum lining.

4. Some major young pieces get traded.

5. Sox miss the playoffs.

6. Fans continue to look for silver linings.

7. Repeat 5 and 6 again and again.

Very possible. Playoffs not even close to guaranteed next year with bullpen regression and without key additions to SP.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic