Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

dream release today:

"After talking it over with my family, I have decided to stay in retirement. I thank the white sox and chairman Jerry Reinsdorf for his interest, and may find a role within the organization to stay involved in the game of baseball that I love."

^ tony you can just copy that.

:pray

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I keep reading that Hahn is upset or not on board with TLR. What proof exists showing this to be the case? Especially when TLR is announced a candidate front runner directly after Hahn's presser.

This sums up my thoughts; I AGREE! Hopefully that will appease all those who are looking for mass agreement 24/7.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

!. Sox hire Tony LaRussa

2. Sox fans look for silver lining

3. Sox fans get aluminum lining.

4. Some major young pieces get traded.

5. Sox miss the playoffs.

6. Fans continue to look for silver linings.

7. Repeat 5 and 6 again and again.

This is exactly it. Yet so many people get angry at me when I try to explain this bit of realism. Aiming for being lucky is no way to progress as a franchise OR a fan base.

Can we just hear the announcement already so I can get all the anger out quick as possible before my weekend?

4 minutes ago, HakunaMachado said:

I still don’t think this makes any sense. I’m going to hold out hope it’s Hinch/Cora. 

I find the wanting Hinch as repulsive as wanting Larussa .I mean you might as well consider Ozzie Guillen while you're at it if you are looking for a controversial hire.

Just now, The Hawk said:

Come-on. I'm very optimistic for a change. 

I'm optimistic as hell about this team, but it's not yet very deep especially in pitching. If Giolito went down that would be a body blow and they'd need to really figure something out in season.

If they get some good (and I mean good, not filling out #5 with gio gonzalez types) depth in SP I'm as optimistic as any. But 162 game seasons are hard!

Just now, Sockin said:

Apparently Bruce is about to be on 670 to talk about this. 

I imagine that bruce loves this. It's been hard on him having to try and follow baseball, bringing back characters from 10-20 years ago? Right in his wheel house. He's going to list out every name he remembers from then.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I imagine that bruce loves this. It's been hard on him having to try and follow baseball, bringing back characters from 10-20 years ago? Right in his wheel house. He's going to list out every name he remembers from then.

Hopefully this is something he states that he would put his job on the line for 

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Beats me. My info in regards to big league team is spotty as best as some posters have pointed out. I'm gonna sit this one out from here. 

I’m not trying to push for more info here, but don’t let a couple haters get you down.  The vast majority of us appreciate your reporting on these matters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I made it up apparently. 

I'm not saying you made it up. I think Hahn may not have been a fan originally. But based on what he said at his presser and how quickly TLR was a front runner, I'm not sure he didn't come around. I hated the TLR rumor, but after further thought have come around. For all we know Hahn may now get more money to spend in FA. Hahn may be okay with job security if TLR flops and he wasn't his guy. If Hahn's guy gets hired and flops, Hahn may have been fired. Or Hahn realizes TLR is a very good manager with many faults just like his choice of Hinch. Or lastly, it is possible the info you received was outdated or taken out of context prior to reaching you. 

So this is not a personal attack on you or your sources. Even the top experts get fed unreliable or false info. Or info that was true at a time, but no longer may be the case. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

6 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

This is exactly it. Yet so many people get angry at me when I try to explain this bit of realism. Aiming for being lucky is no way to progress as a franchise OR a fan base.

Can we just hear the announcement already so I can get all the anger out quick as possible before my weekend?

And I am really not saying that LaRussa would be the cause of all that . 2-7 are my normal view. Right when we start thinking Sox management might finally have opened their eyes those eyes start looking in the wrong direction .

Sox ownership is Lucy holding the football and we are Charlie Brown falling for the same trick again and again as Lucy pulls the football away when Charlie Brown tries to kick it and ends up flat on his back . Call it the carrot, the brass ring, the con man's best weapon is the mark wanting that elusive thing of value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

It’s crazy to see how many Sox fans on twitter are saying they will stop being Sox fans if they hire TLR.  Like seriously, you put up with the last decade of mostly horrific garbage to quit now when it’s going to be good?

Wow, I was way off on this one.  What’s their beef with him?  Just the age thing?

The reason I believe it more than ever ... Dan Roan isn't the type of guy to get down in the mud and put out rumors... just not his cup of tea. To report as he did makes me think it's very, very true. 

Hopefully it's an advisor .. hopefully! haah. 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wow, I was way off on this one.  What’s their beef with him?  Just the age thing?

Speaking from my perspective? That its the same ol' same ol'. I finally had a glimmer of hope we weren't messing around after firing Ricky. I should know better than to have any hope in this franchise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic