Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

It’s just so weird!!

Reinsdorf has said he’s a caretaker of the franchise. This is not good caretaking. It may work in the long run. But probably not and it has the potential to be a huge dumpster fire. We’ll see. 

This is not weird at all for this franchise. It is totally par for the course. It even makes the last month less weird - firing their last manager was weird for them, but now we understand why, to bring in one of the owners old boy network.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Jeff Passan is making shit up.  The White Sox are as progressive and pro as it gets.  This isn’t some Jerry overruling shit.  This is calculated, somehow, and they sure as shit deserve to be heard out.  Anybody mad about the captain obvious stuff needs to calm down and wait for the men to talk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tony said:

This is the most important story line of all of this, obviously. 

I think concern is valid. But if TLR manages this team the right way and we have a Cardinals or Giants type of run all will be forgotten. The only thing I feel he NEEDS to do is address his players about his political stance and how they can work together. TLR needs to be a manager if today's game and he needs to say it. 

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

So from what I heard he was offered the job last week and just had to get his family to sign off on it.  

That is not true. He was offered the job but it took him a week to remember who offered it to him.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Well they obviously have gone over the whole kneeling anthem thing with him and our players.  They would’t have done this without feeling good about that moving forward.  So, let’s hear them out.  I imagine we are going to have a manager in training on the bench as well

Lol you think the white Sox did any long term thinking or advance planning here?

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

This is not weird at all for this franchise. It is totally par for the course. It even makes the last month less weird - firing their last manager was weird for them, but now we understand why, to bring in one of the owners old boy network.

Nah it’s 2021, almost. This is weird no matter the team.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Imagine putting in a year to prepare to climb Mt Everest. You train, you work, you spend a month in basecamp to acclimate. You buy tons of expensive equipment. Then we you get past the last camp, mere hundreds of feet from the summit, you tear off your cloths and start making snow angels, suffocate, fall off the mountain and die.  Then you get left there as a rotting corpse because it is too dangerous to rescue you after your stupidity.  That is our last five years.

It's more like if you did that prep and then the guy bankrolling your expedition decided you had to do the whole thing facing backwards and pushing a boulder.

fuck reinsdorf, forever.

Regardless of how much merit there was today or yesterday of "players won't want to go there", that it is now a storyline means a lot of players who didn't have an opinion will now worry that others don't want to go there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Jeff Passan is making shit up.  The White Sox are as progressive and pro as it gets.  This isn’t some Jerry overruling shit.  This is calculated, somehow, and they sure as shit deserve to be heard out.  Anybody mad about the captain obvious stuff needs to calm down and wait for the men to talk

No offense, but I'm going to trust one of the top reporters in baseball over you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

I have never in this organization seen anything that convinced me more that we just saw Reinsdorf overrule everyone than this. If you want to make the case that Hahn, Williams, and everyone else are yes men with no spine, today is exhibit 1. 

• Like 2

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic