Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

This is seriously like a gut punch. I get that it’s his team and his $, but I just can’t even imagine being so selfish and self indulged to not care what literally EVERYONE else thinks. This is a terrible hire and will likely set the team back after finally taking steps forward. 

JR is pretty much the poor man’s MLB version of Jerry Jones and it’s sickening 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s got pro’s and con’s.  The people are nice, but totally different and not in a good way.  The food has its positives, but the pizza sucks and they don’t know what a Vienna Beef dog is.  That being said, the weather is amazing, it’s hillly / green, lots of cool bars / breweries, and way better taxes!

Good for you. Enjoy

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'm told the White Sox are supposed to have a Zoom scheduled with Tony at 1:15, but La Russa can't figure out how to work his computer....

Maybe Tony will pull a Toobin and get fired the same day he is hired.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ChiHawks10 said:

Odds that he dies before next season starts? 

With this virus...

1 in 3000 Americans get it per day. 100 days, so 1 in 3 chance he gets it by then? For a man in his late 70’s, survival rate is 76%. 

Wow I never did the math on that until now.  He’s rich and white so that helps because he can afford better treatment, but who knows if he has anything underlying.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

This is seriously like a gut punch. I get that it’s his team and his $, but I just can’t even imagine being so selfish and self indulged to not care what literally EVERYONE else thinks. This is a terrible hire and will likely set the team back after finally taking steps forward. 

JR is pretty much the poor man’s MLB version of Jerry Jones and it’s sickening 

Everyone else.. as in Soxtalk and blue checkmarks on Twitter?  Sadly they do not get a vote.

• Like 1

Now... I'm not gonna lose my shit yet.  I think he's better than either of Ricky or Ventura.  I think he has still be involved in baseball, though not on the field, so he isn't completely unaware of the evolution of the game.  It's not like he was sitting around gardening and riding his lawnmower the past 10 years. I don't like it.  I'm not a fan of the hire.  I'll still reserve judgement, and wait to see what happens with the team.  All this b****ing will be moot if he wins a couple WS here.  

That said... lots of people angry about TLR, because the Sox didn't hire a cheater in Hinch?  So bizarre.  

Edited by ChiHawks10
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm looking forward to what Hahn has to say at the presser to say the least.  It seems like they had a laser focus on TLR (which in itself I'm neutral on) and I'm curious who else they interviewed.

This is where being a lawyer will come in.  He is going to say all of the right and politically correct things.

Just now, ChiHawks10 said:

Now... I'm not gonna lose my shit yet.  I think he's better than either of Ricky or Ventura.  I think he has still be involved in baseball, so though not on the field, he isn't completely unaware of the evolution of the game.  It's not like he was sitting around gardening and riding his lawnmower the past 10 years. I don't like it.  I'm not a fan of the hire.  I'll still reserve judgement, and wait to see what happens with the team.  All this b****ing will be moot if he wins a couple WS here.

That said... lots of people angry about TLR, because the Sox didn't hire a cheater in Hinch?  So bizarre.  

TLR checks both the cheater and asshole boxes. 

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic