Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

1 minute ago, mqr said:

does Hahn fire Ricky if he thought this was going to happen? Did Hahn fire Ricky?

He might have tried to do so but ownership would have said no without this. This closes the loop to make that firing “classic white Sox”.

Everyone was surprised at RR because the white Sox never remove managers for cause. Turns out it wasn’t for cause, it was to get another of JRs buddies around. So White Sox.

1 minute ago, ChiHawks10 said:

Now... I'm not gonna lose my shit yet.  I think he's better than either of Ricky or Ventura.  I think he has still be involved in baseball, though not on the field, so he isn't completely unaware of the evolution of the game.  It's not like he was sitting around gardening and riding his lawnmower the past 10 years. I don't like it.  I'm not a fan of the hire.  I'll still reserve judgement, and wait to see what happens with the team.  All this b****ing will be moot if he wins a couple WS here.  

That said... lots of people angry about TLR, because the Sox didn't hire a cheater in Hinch?  So bizarre.  

I'm not sure he's allowed to ride a lawnmower anymore.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

TLR checks both the cheater and asshole boxes. 

Just about everyone in baseball was cheating back in the 90's with steroids... I don't care if he's an asshole, as long as the Sox play for him, and win under him, and they win a couple WS.

Quenneville was a giant asshole, also... 

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

The steroid era A's and Cards would like to remind you who their manager was.

As I said once already... everyone was cheating in the steroid era... singling out TLR as if he was the only coach is absurdly stupid.

Edited by ChiHawks10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic