Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Just now, ChiHawks10 said:

As I said... everyone was cheating in the steroid era... singling out TLR as if he was the only coach is absurdly stupid.

Man, now you just made me realize that Frank Thomas is about to be put in a spot where he'll be the biggest hypocrite of all time if he loves this move.

Just now, Fuagman said:

alright most people hate it, some love it. let's move on to more gossip. Thoughts on his potential coaching staff hires...?

It’s going to be a room full of guys who look like the scouts from Moneyball.

Once they decided they would speak to TL, it was his job if he wanted it. Do you really think KW and RH could go back to JR and say we like this guy who is serving a year long suspension a little better than your dream manager. I thought the White Sox had finally been brought up to speed on modern times, now they roll back the clock. 

I don’t think for a second the difference between someone like Hinch and Tony is 95 wins to 82. But why? There are dynamic guys available who could manage this team until they need to rebuild again. Why some guy who may be week to week?

1 minute ago, ChiHawks10 said:

Just about everyone in baseball was cheating back in the 90's with steroids... I don't care if he's an asshole, as long as the Sox play for him, and win under him, and they win a couple WS.

Quenneville was a giant asshole, also... 

Yeah but Larussa's teams were doing it in the 80s. Look at Bonds, he came right out and said he did because he wasn't just going to let McGwire and Sosa get the advantage. LA Russa was a steroids in baseball lynch pin, there is no denying that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mqr said:

does Hahn fire Ricky if he thought this was going to happen? Did Hahn fire Ricky?

Yeah, makes me wonder whether the renteria firing was hahn's move. I can understand wanting a better manager but saying that ricky was not data savy and modern enough and then hire a 70 yo doesn't fit.

Larussa was actually quite modern with numbers 30 years ago but he has been out some time now and that stuff has changed.

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

Yeah but Larussa's teams were doing it in the 80s. Look at Bonds, he came right out and said he did because he wasn't just going to let McGwire and Sosa get the advantage. LA Russa was a steroids in baseball lynch pin, there is no denying that.

I'm not.  But it's funny to see people b****ing about one guy for cheating, then in the next breath wanting another guy that cheated.  Lol.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I really want to hear from Anderson

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep that’s kind of all that matters now

Anderson's under contract, he'll keep things behind the scenes for now and just go on being himself. It'll be when something blows up between them that you'll want to hear from Anderson.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Call your ticket rep and let them know you will be cancelling and not renewing your season tickets. I did.

That won’t accomplish much. I already renewed anyway. It will still be fun. It may take him 10 minutes to get to the mound to make a pitching change.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic