Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

1 minute ago, Kalapse said:

You could have spent without hiring TLR, if they spend this offseason it'll be spun that way but nothing was stopping them from spending with Sandy Alomar as the manager.

You and I know that’s true, but this is Jerry we’re talking about 

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Don't forget the "White Sox" step - they would never have allowed RR to be fired and pay two coaches at once if ownership didn't already know this was how it was going to go. JR talked to his old buddy sometime during the season about this and TLDR said he'd be interested, that's the only reason Renteria was allowed to be moved. Ditto Cooper - you think they're going to move their 20 year loyalty pitching coach if they didn't already know that TLDR was going to bring in his own guy?

This is the only reason why RR and Cooper are gone.

This ^^^^ 100% truth.  

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I am so happy. Tony LaRussa back where he belongs ... with the Chicago White Sox. Folks, our team is in the best hands to win multi WS titles. Hopefully the cards will fall right, no pun intended, and we bag 2-3 titles. Tony LaRussa!!! What an early Christmas/Halloween/Tgiving present. Great news amid a horrific Covid year!

Trust me, people. You will be happy with this move. Sox will use analytics but have a pure baseball mind to not be beholden to all moves suggested to him. Celebrate people. Barring bad luck (injuries, etc) we are the champions (not saying next year, but it's coming).

tenor.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, flavum said:

I’ll have what he’s having.

The only ones who love this are boomers who are in their golden years and think 80 year olds are just as mentally fit and actionable as 42 year olds.  The same people also forget that the accelerator pedal and the brake are two different instruments.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

My position is that managers are generally not very important, so I take some comfort in that. And I honestly don't know TLR that well. The biggest risk here is if he can't get along with his players, which does feel like an unnecessary risk given that the upside of a good manager is minimal.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Somewhere, Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall are laughing their asses off.

Younger White Sox fans have no idea how Caray and Piersall  dumped on TLR. It was relentless. Every time TLR stuck his head out of the dugout he got booed. It was shameful how TLR was treated when he was here as the manager.

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

TLR believes in analytics. He just goes with the flow more in game based on results. He will set lineups, rotation, and use his pitchers based on analytics. I am a believer of using both in a common sense manner. 

Is that why he used Mike Squires at 3B and C? I don’t think we will see Greg’s scenario with TA behind the plate, but you are going to see some weird shit, like maybe Abreu in RF.

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

The only ones who love this are boomers who are in their golden years and think 80 year olds are just as mentally fit and actionable as 42 year olds.  The same people also forget that the accelerator pedal and the brake are two different instruments.  

NOPE.  26 and love it.  All of my friends do too.  There's a whole world outside of Twitter.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChiHawks10 said:

I'm not.  But it's funny to see people b****ing about one guy for cheating, then in the next breath wanting another guy that cheated.  Lol.

I didn't want either of them. They way it was spun that there were only two options is unbelievable. This wasn't a US election where a third party candidate in nonviable. Just shows how susceptible people are to suggestion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

My dad just turned 83 and I can tell you that you like this move more than he does.

2 minutes ago, brett05 said:

I really thought our fan base was much more knowledgeable than they are showing in this thread.

The last time TLR was in charge of anything he gave Yasmany Tomas 60 million dollars and traded for Shelby Miller. 

• Like 2

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic