Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

For a board that's generally fairly sensitive to issues surrounding bias, there's a lot of straight-up ageism in this thread.  And no, I'm not a boomer.  I disagree with his opinions, don't like his style and think he's been out of the game too long.  Not ready to write off people in their 70s as an entire group, though, ffs

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

The only ones who love this are boomers who are in their golden years and think 80 year olds are just as mentally fit and actionable as 42 year olds.  The same people also forget that the accelerator pedal and the brake are two different instruments.  

I resent that! I don't like this move! Come on guys give me a little credit. I may be a senior but that doesn't make me senile!

Edited by Saufley

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

My dad just turned 83 and I can tell you that you like this move more than he does.

My dad immediately told me what  80 year olds aren't qualified as 40 year olds to run something.   Yes dad.  This might be too close to home for you.  But yes.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Is that why he used Mike Squires at 3B and C? I don’t think we will see Greg’s scenario with TA behind the plate, but you are going to see some weird shit, like maybe Abreu in RF.

He played 2 innings behind the plate in his career. Its called an emergency catcher.

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

For a board that's generally fairly sensitive to issues surrounding bias, there's a lot of straight-up ageism in this thread.  And no, I'm not a boomer.  I disagree with his opinions, don't like his style and think he's been out of the game too long.  Not ready to write off people in their 70s as an entire group, though, ffs

True. I don't like La Russia, but age has nothing to do with it.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Is that why he used Mike Squires at 3B and C? I don’t think we will see Greg’s scenario with TA behind the plate, but you are going to see some weird shit, like maybe Abreu in RF.

No you won't. Our roster will be complete, so there won't be a need to move people around. RF is the last glaring need in our lineup. And possibly DH until Vaughn is ready a few weeks into the year. 

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I am so happy. Tony LaRussa back where he belongs ... with the Chicago White Sox. Folks, our team is in the best hands to win multi WS titles. Hopefully the cards will fall right, no pun intended, and we bag 2-3 titles. Tony LaRussa!!! What an early Christmas/Halloween/Tgiving present. Great news amid a horrific Covid year!

Trust me, people. You will be happy with this move. Sox will use analytics but have a pure baseball mind to not be beholden to all moves suggested to him. Celebrate people. Barring bad luck (injuries, etc) we are the champions (not saying next year, but it's coming).

It makes me feel better to read this post. Of course that is because I question myself when I agree with greg, so this helps tell me I am right here.

4 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

My rule of thumb for managers, leaders, Presidents and Politicians is if I would not trust you to drive me to work for the duration of your contract or time, you likely shouldn't be employed or doing the job.

I wouldn't trust someone like Larussa to drive me to work everyday for the duration of his contract, why the fff should I trust him to run a team.

• Like 2

Even for you weirdos who like this move, there was absolutely 0 leg work done on this.  Your 800 year old owner had his mind made before even pretending to go through this process.  This is what this fuckin organization always does and it's just infuriating. 

• Like 8

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic