Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Many of you are Debbie Downers regarding Tony LaRussa. Read my reaction and have an open mind and tell me where I'm wrong. The Sox have an experienced Hall of Famer in the dugout. He does NOT CELEBRATE FOOLS. If somebody rips him a new one for not taking out Giolito or Kopech in the sixth inning of a shutout dominant performance he'll tell them to go jump in Lake Michigan.

Have an open mind and realize this is GOOD NEWS, folks. Who cares what the players think? Tony is a gruff guy with the media but he's not some despicabe Scrooge to players. He has what's important: the street cred so to speak in the form of a world championship baseball resume. Plus he has karma on his side. Unfairly fired by Hawk; now destiny to wear the White Sox hat with good talent!!!!

Don't just dismiss me. Read what I say closely, THEN COMMENT on why I'm so happy. Tony LaRussa ... a glorious fall day.

Shut up, Greg. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2
  • Fire 3

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

I said it from the start of the rebuild: we are trusting the same people that drove the franchise into the ground with rebuilding. And now here we are.

Looking like this was the right way of thinking, unfortunately. :(

4 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Even for you weirdos who like this move, there was absolutely 0 leg work done on this.  Your 800 year old owner had his mind made before even pretending to go through this process.  This is what this fuckin organization always does and it's just infuriating. 

Or the White Sox literally said - we aren't going to put Hinch/Cora on our list.  I don't get why it is so unfathomable that such was the case, despite all the various media reports anyway. I mean - people are just overreacting like crazy. Lets take a second and here TLR speak and RH speak, etc.  Lets see how this plays out.

Again - It isn't the move I would have made, but I've said all along, I wouldn't have hired Hinch or Cora either - I don't want those guys.  What they did is flat out different than the steroid era. I see a bunch of absurd hot takes in here and I think a lot of people are going to be wrong on this. If they are right - well than KW, RH, and JR didn't ask TLR the right questions to begin with as part of the interview process. I have to think these highly qualified people would have at least done that and I have to imagine KW / RH have their own direct views as well. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It makes me feel better to read this post. Of course that is because I question myself when I agree with greg, so this helps tell me I am right here.

Agree. It's not the end of the world.  Maybe they feared backlash of hiring Hinch,

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There are a lot of things to worry about, but my god the thought of La Russa getting say on personnel decisions is a fucking nightmare.  Sorry to be cold, but Jerry Reinsdorf can’t die soon enough.

What did CM Punk say? Something to the effect of "I'd like to think this company would be better if Vince would die, but then it'll be taken over by his doofus son in law and idiotic daughter?"

Yeah, Reinsdorf dying doesn't necessarily correlate with automatic success.

• Like 1

I am immediately reminded again about being a White Sox fan.  Reminds me of how KW brought in Robbie Alomar, Carl Everett and a couple others in 2003 and then none of them came back and D'Angelo Jimenez was out there instead.  Reminds me also of not bringing back Charles Johnson, missing on ARod, the Machado fiasco where they just didn't offer the most guaranteed money, etc.  Reminds me of KW's constant tongue-fingering of the dorf's asshole while admonishing the fans for not showing up and saying he can't spent a dollar when he only has 50 cents, etc.

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I started joking about the Wainwright thing yesterday but honestly, it's such a Sox move and with the LaRussa connection I honestly won't be shocked if he's our 3rd starter going into the season.

Not as the #3 but if he's the 5th starter I'm ok with it. Maybe he can help reintroduce the curveball to the franchise.

I get a kick out of the forum members who think the owner should keep his nose out of WS hiring decisions.  However, those of us in the cheap seats think our views are spot on.  If I owned my favorite team...I'm pretty sure I would sit in on those think tank sessions and probably feel my ownership gave me a right to speak up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

What did CM Punk say? Something to the effect of "I'd like to think this company would be better if Vince would die, but then it'll be taken over by his doofus son in law and idiotic daughter?"

Yeah, Reinsdorf dying doesn't necessarily correlate with automatic success.

Literally had this quote in my head yesterday because of that lol.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic