Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

10 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Are we just going to assume that an owner who has been an industry leader in promoting diversity, a team that has had an african american as the in facto and de facto organizational decision maker for 20 years and a team that has had a minority field manager for 18 of the last 22 years has abandoned this long term commitment 

Excellent point!

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Dude, come on. Don't do that Jason. Don't say "based upon what?" 

You know what. It's been detailed very clearly, multiple times, what he has said about kneeling. It's documented, and it's recent. 

Additionally, you have this quote:

ElcTN3iXUAEeP9m?format=jpg&name=medium

He is basically saying he's coming back to correct the balance in baseball, and wants to go back to the head, heart and guts of a manager because analytics have taken over the game. He's got a grudge to settle. 

Don't dumb Jason, because you aren't. 

I say the inverse back to you - you base all of your points on 1 quote vs. his entire track record of being an extremely innovative manager. He was known for pushing the limits and coming up with unique decisions. So no - I'm not going to jump to a conclusion because of one freaking quote. I am sure if we looked at any of us - we have all had 1000's of quotes that were either misinterpreted, incorrect, or maybe just we no longer agree with them.  

I may look back a 1 year from now and go - wow you were all right, he really is all those things you said. I'm just stating - I don't freaking know and I don't think anyone on here having an epic tantrum really knows. They are literally looking for any little thing they can point to to cry wolf, while ignoring a sample size of a HOF career.  I'm just saying R-E-L-A-X people - this is not the deal that it is being made to believe it is on Soxtalk.  And I have said a million times over - I personally wouldn't have hired him, but I don't think it is the worst move of the last 50 years or anything crazy like that.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Shit man, the Bulls actually did work this offseason (well, once they were in the offseason).

Remains to be seen.  I'll go ahead and bet that water is still wet, even in a different container, and 2+2 is still 4, even when you type it into a different calculator.

Bulls/Sox ownership I bet have all modern infrastructure in their buildings.  They upgrade the tech with the time, but the general philosophy remains the same.  We'll see, but the Bulls moves never started at the top, they started at really the 3rd level of the organization.

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I say the inverse back to you - you base all of your points on 1 quote vs. his entire track record of being an extremely innovative manager. He was known for pushing the limits and coming up with unique decisions. So no - I'm not going to jump to a conclusion because of one freaking quote. I am sure if we looked at any of us - we have all had 1000's of quotes that were either misinterpreted, incorrect, or maybe just we no longer agree with them.  

I may look back a 1 year from now and go - wow you were all right, he really is all those things you said. I'm just stating - I don't freaking know and I don't think anyone on here having an epic tantrum really knows. They are literally looking for any little thing they can point to to cry wolf, while ignoring a sample size of a HOF career.  I'm just saying R-E-L-A-X people - this is not the deal that it is being made to believe it is on Soxtalk.  And I have said a million times over - I personally wouldn't have hired him, but I don't think it is the worst move of the last 50 years or anything crazy like that.  

Like what?

4 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

You're disgusting 

It was a question.  He's 76 and we have Covid running rampant.  It's not like I wish death upon the guy like some in here have, and are also doing with Jerry.  

I'm actually one of the few in here that haven't been ripping this hire to shreds.

Edited by ChiHawks10

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Wasn’t there an article saying how the Cardinals clubhouse under him had no energy 

Ok so that came from me and I regret quoting that section because it was just ridiculous entitled cards fan ranting. I meant to just quote the list of all the player feuds.

• Thanks 1

Again for everyone yelling that ageism is out of control here. 

Why can't 22 year olds get interviews? Isn't that ageism? I don't understand. What is the age cut off? 

Hilarious that people like Larussa continue to get chances as a retread hire while a bunch of younger unknowns never get a shot but people have the nerve to argue that citing TOny's age is disrespectful and discriminatory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic