Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Phillies and Angels are available right now, right? Not seeing that they've hired anyone.

Any other teams I'm missing?

Probably waiting for the Cubs job to open up so he doesn't have to uproot his whole family.  I don't think he is long for the org after this.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well this move cements that Hahn isn't fully in charge.  I don't know why he continues to work in Chicago honestly.

Anyone who works for someone else isn't fully in charge.  Wherever RH would go... he still has a boss.  JR gives as much space as anyone but he does own the team and still, he reports to a board.  Life is full of those little irritations.

This young team is good and will hopefully get better. If they win it will be in spite of JR and Kenny. Hopefully this move will not divide and destroy the team. Hoping for a big 2021! But, I just can't watch this news conference anymore.

Edited by Saufley

Just now, poppysox said:

Anyone who works for someone else isn't fully in charge.  Wherever RH would go... he still has a boss.  JR gives as much space as anyone but he does own the team and still, he reports to a board.  Life is full of those little irritations.

Clearly not as of today. 

Just now, chitown87 said:

Sorry to be that guy, but can't watch at work. What did he say? Appreciate it.

He basically said the events of 2020 have changed his views on kneeling during the anthem and that he'd be okay with it. Then he went even farther and said he's not racist cause he's managed black players in the past. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitown87 said:

Sorry to be that guy, but can't watch at work. What did he say? Appreciate it.

Saying he "doesn't have a racist bone in his body" and naming a bunch of black guys was pretty weird, but he said he supports the player's decisions. 

• Like 1

He basically said he's changed his stance on kneeling for the anthem. If players are sincerely protesting peacefully, he has no problem with it. He also listed a number of black players he's managed that can vouch for him not being a racist. Which apparently, according to people on this board, is bad to say. LOL

• Thanks 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic