Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Probably one where you are staring down a pitcher because you are mad or doing something really just to piss the other team off - nothing jumps off the top of my head, but we've certainly seen it done.  Whether you call that a "celebration" or not, heck if I know.  

Wasn't that like Albert Pujols's thing?

19 minutes ago, GradMc said:

TURRIBLE !!!!

LaRussa vs Kenny-Hahn

Reinsdorf hates Sox fans.

If Kenny-Hahn had any self-respect left, they would tender their resignations.

So everyone crying about Hinch being a cheater.  They just hired the Mgr. Juice .

Mutiny by May.

Yeah...it would sure be nice to have enough self-respect to walk away from one of only 30 dream jobs paying 7 figure salaries in your hometown.  Those bosses can get so bossy every thirty years or so.😉

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Roache, if you read my stuff about Cash I don't even entirely disagree with pairing analytics with game day observations. My problem with Tony is he basically implied that analytics are for before the game. 

How much can you really apply analytics without using your gut during the game? Most of the good from it happens before the game getting the team in the best position to win. He is really good using his bullpen,hit and running, having guys steal bases, and defensive alignments. 

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

My rule of thumb for managers, leaders, Presidents and Politicians is if I would not trust you to drive me to work for the duration of your contract or time, you likely shouldn't be employed or doing the job.

I wouldn't trust someone like Larussa to drive me to work everyday for the duration of his contract, why the fff should I trust him to run a team.

Glad to see you'll be voting for Kanye.

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

How much can you really apply analytics without using your gut during the game? Most of the good from it happens before the game getting the team in the best position to win. He is really good using his bullpen,hit and running, having guys steal bases, and defensive alignments. 

Did baseball even shift in 2010? I'm getting so old I can't even remember when shifting went all out.

Maybe the Sox are banking on Manfred bringing the game back to the stone age with all his ignorant rule views and hopes.

This thread has been very enjoyable to read. In the last 20 minutes I've been shocked, disgusted, intrigued, depressed, excited, and I've laughed pretty hard. Especially at that email announcement with Hinch's signature. That is some funny shit.

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic