Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Honestly, if they hire some good younger coaches and spend some money this off season, and all of that leads to the Sox being a winning team, I'll be happy.

It's a strange move, and there is the concern about how he'll work with this dynamic, young team.  Here's to hoping it all works out.

6 minutes ago, Green Line said:

AJ Hinch was a laughing stock in Arizona (and G** awful) and managed a team of cheaters in the worst MLB scandal since the Black Sox.  The amount of love he gets on here is absurd.

Agreed but hiring a manager didn't have to be a matter of the lesser of two evils. There were good choices out there that were apparently ignored.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Lifted straight off of the announcement email.

unnamed.jpg

This is honestly really weird; didn't they just say they didn't even interview him? How does this happen? How did they get a guys signature who they didn't even interview?

Was this Hahn trolling?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

If it's real, it's someone in the creative department trying to get ready for all possibilities, and forgot to swap layers out in photoshop. 

yeah, was going to ask you. The reality behind a mistake like this is far more benign. They make a bunch to be ready, they use the same template, they forget that that was even a signature and it starts blending into the background, they rush to get it out on announcement.\

Still funny though!

5 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

JR wouldn't hire Collins for the Bulls a second time because he was overwhelmed by the thought of having to fire him again.  I don't see why his line of thinking should have been different in this situation.

Clear answer here is that TLR will leave the position in a pine box.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This is honestly really weird; didn't they just say they didn't even interview him? How does this happen? How did they get a guys signature who they didn't even interview?

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

If it's real, it's someone in the creative department trying to get ready for all possibilities, and forgot to swap layers out in photoshop. 

Someone didn't proof well enough in preflight or something.  Thats the only logical explanation I can come up with and that stills seems too far fetched for me.

Edited by SouthWallace

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

I am so happy. Tony LaRussa back where he belongs ... with the Chicago White Sox. Folks, our team is in the best hands to win multi WS titles. Hopefully the cards will fall right, no pun intended, and we bag 2-3 titles. Tony LaRussa!!! What an early Christmas/Halloween/Tgiving present. Great news amid a horrific Covid year!

Trust me, people. You will be happy with this move. Sox will use analytics but have a pure baseball mind to not be beholden to all moves suggested to him. Celebrate people. Barring bad luck (injuries, etc) we are the champions (not saying next year, but it's coming).

No I won't Jerry.

Just sell please and move on.

Edited by GradMc
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is just a huge shot in the balls to fans of this franchise.

There's plenty of reasons that this is bad, I think most of which have already been covered. I just want to put an exclamation point on it and say that this franchise is essentially taking a pimpled kid whose complexion was finally clearing up and was going to start getting dates and just put a bunch of ugly pimples back on his face just as he was about to hit his stride.

Considering all the reasons people have already laid out why this is bad, you really don't think this is going to speak poorly to free agents who might have been convinced to give us a try after finally look like we might have been starting to go in a different direction and now apparently we're not? After all the bush-league stuff that this franchise has done in the last few years?

Like Cali said already, a lot of Sox fans continue to get fooled into thinking things are going to change. My only optimism will likely begin to rear its head after reinsdorf is dead and gone, and I know that sounds really cold hearted but at this point I think that's just what the situation is. People who want to say that we need to be optimistic and that things could still go in a good direction really need to can it, apparently they've never learned their lesson. I get the people want to hold on to hope and need to, that's fine. But putting blinders on and acting like this franchise isn't being run terribly is just denial.

This is truly a "fuck this" moment.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic