Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

. JR is a Billionaire because he is pretty smart.  So relax withe the ageism and over-reaction.

Hahn needed to be checked or fired. This is a check on him and possibly a predicate for sending him packing.

I happen to like the chess move. 

Check.  Now wait for the next move.

• Haha 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Marcus can't really be upset; he invited this on. 

Marcus' agent likely gave him a little jingle and let him know that Tony might be coaching for the team with the checkbook out and Marcus quickly said... people evolve, people change LOL

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you are going to give credit to Tony for saying what he had to say during the presser, you have to give Marcus the same here.  It is obvious what both have meant with their statements.

Yup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I'm being honest when I say you might be the person I respect most on this board. You have a great mind for baseball and I generally agree with you.

But I think you're being extremely short-sighted here to say the very least.

Appreciate it and I hope I’m not being naive. Honestly I would be more concerned about the clubhouse if Abreu left. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why?  The talent is hopefully so good that the manager doesn’t matter.  Now if all the core guys suck the next few years, it won’t matter who the manager is.

At this point I have to think you're trolling.

If you're actually going to try to bank on having a team so good you don't think the manager makes a difference then I fear you also might have reached the granduer stage tha so many other fans have had for years now.

Edited by RagahRagah

2 minutes ago, tray said:

. JR is a Billionaire because he is pretty smart.  So relax withe the ageism and over-reaction.

Hahn needed to be checked or fired. This is a check on him and possibly a predicate for sending him packing.

Checked for what exactly? 

7 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Do you have some sort of source for this. I've seen a few of his YouTube vids and that wasn't my impression at all but I must have missed something

The tweets have been deleted, but he was on board with birtherism and climate change denial and all sorts of odd stuff.

You ever meet someone that was just a little too into Joe Rogan? That's Bauer. 

Edited by mqr

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

At this point I have to think you're trolling.

I’m serious, people are acting like we just traded Robert, Eloy and Giolito for Pujols and Upton.  This isn’t like college basketball where a bad hire can cause everyone to transfer and not sign recruits.

• Like 1

Maybe Anderson will do a zoom call with everyone and say "this is our fucking team, not the manager's and not the owner's. Let's go out and win us a fucking championship. If he has those thoughts and morals, let's show him he's a fucking moron and launch our bats and kneel all over the country."

Hashtag trying to change my grieving stage

Edited by soxfan49
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, tray said:

Why did he need to be checked or fired?

For acquiring Moncada, Robert, Jimenez, Giolito, Kopech, Vaughn, etc.

For winning 35 games when most thought we would win 30?

I dont get what Hahn did to make JR want to check him.

Explain

• Like 2

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic