Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

No one is going to sign for less money just for the chance to play for Tony, and no one isn’t going to not take JRs money if it’s the best offer out there because Tony is in the dugout.

Tony isn’t going to be the difference between being good and being bad. He may be the difference between being good and being great. 

I think you have to question his energy. You would think at the press conference he would be about as fired up as can be, but it seemed like he was going to fall asleep a few times while answering questions the way the White Sox wanted him to answer them. I question what will happen by August. He is old, and it isn’t an easy job. It will be interesting to see the make up of the staff.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

okay everyone, for the next hour you are allowed to murder any poster you want like the purge. There are no rules.

JK PLEASE KEEP BE ANGRY BUT NOT MEAN 

Can I be mean to myself?

BECAUSE I WAS A STUPID FUCKING MORON WHO THOUGHT FIRING RR WAS FINALLY PROOF THE SOX WERE CHANGING. FUCKING IDIOT.

4kc829.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I miss the good old days when I didn't know the politics of athletes but just assumed the worst. Now they confirm and I actively dislike them. 

Which is exactly why teams/companies wish players/employees wouldn't show their politics. 

17 minutes ago, tray said:

. JR is a Billionaire because he is pretty smart.  So relax withe the ageism and over-reaction.

Hahn needed to be checked or fired. This is a check on him and possibly a predicate for sending him packing.

I happen to like the chess move. 

Check.  Now wait for the next move.

Enough of the damn ageism; jesus christ, it's science. As you age into your 70's and 80's you have cognitive decline. Take it up with neurologists; it's not ageism to cite that age degrades cognition. 

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

No one is going to sign for less money just for the chance to play for Tony, and no one isn’t going to not take JRs money if it’s the best offer out there because Tony is in the dugout.

Tony isn’t going to be the difference between being good and being bad. He may be the difference between being good and being great. 

I think you have to question his energy. You would think at the press conference he would be about as fired up as can be, but it seemed like he was going to fall asleep a few times while answering questions the way the White Sox wanted him to answer them. I question what will happen by August. He is old, and it isn’t an easy job. It will be interesting to see the make up of the staff.

Well said

6 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I miss the good old days when I didn't know the politics of athletes but just assumed the worst. Now they confirm and I actively dislike them. 

Or you could just root for them as players. Players have as much right as anyone to express themselves. Why is it ok for major corporations to flood our national airwaves with politics, yet some guy playing baseball should be quiet? If the guy is right, left, middle or whatever I don't care. I support my players period. I am left of center on most issues and would support like hell Curt Shilling had he been on the White Sox. That's where it ends for me, but I'd never say Curt shouldn't speak his mind. This idea where "entertainers" shouldn't speak out is fascist thinking. So since I am against that ideology I support anyone's right to speak their politics no matter their profession. I am a big boy, I can deal with Curt's right wing ramblings and am able to survive. It's not really that hard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

My rule of thumb for managers, leaders, Presidents and Politicians is if I would not trust you to drive me to work for the duration of your contract or time, you likely shouldn't be employed or doing the job.

I wouldn't trust someone like Larussa to drive me to work everyday for the duration of his contract, why the fff should I trust him to run a team.

People like you are why I lost my license. Thanks. 

By the way, I love that everyone loves Tim now - MY GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, although I hope he doesn't comment to this post and say "I'm not your guy, buddy" - but I won't forget many here wanted him traded or moved off positions. No one cared about Timmy then, but for me and CWS and maybe a few others! I welcome you all onto the "what does tim want, that's what I want" wagon, but just know you're arriving late and youre not calling the shots.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

People like you are why I lost my license. Thanks. 

You lost your license because I stated that brains decline as you age? 

You might want to take that up with other doctors; I'm not the one that came to those conclusions. How many 18 year olds you know with medical licenses? Is that ageism?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

21 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I believe his mother's family is from Spain.

I've never been to Spain

But I kinda like the music*

If you aren't familiar with this song it was a hit the first time TLR managed the Sox. 

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You have seen him more than me but this didn't seem that different from his late cardinals days where he'd mumble out a few words. 

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Enough of the damn ageism; jesus christ, it's science. As you age into your 70's and 80's you have cognitive decline. Take it up with neurologists; it's not ageism to cite that age degrades cognition. 

Hopefully the degradation of cognition is offset by the advancement of wisdom

• Like 1

Joel Sherman had a interesting thought. He said for 34 years firing TL has bothered JR so much, that now he brings him back. But is the 76 year old TL the same manager as the 42 year old version? He is well into the losing brain cells portion of life. Has not managed the last 9 seasons. To think he is the same guy he was when he last made out a line up card might be reached.

10 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Or you could just root for them as players. Players have as much right as anyone to express themselves. Why is it ok for major corporations to flood our national airwaves with politics, yet some guy playing baseball should be quiet? If the guy is right, left, middle or whatever I don't care. I support my players period. I am left of center on most issues and would support like hell Curt Shilling had he been on the White Sox. That's where it ends for me, but I'd never say Curt shouldn't speak his mind. This idea where "entertainers" shouldn't speak out is fascist thinking. So since I am against that ideology I support anyone's right to speak their politics no matter their profession. I am a big boy, I can deal with Curt's right wing ramblings and am able to survive. It's not really that hard. 

I never said they didn't have the right. They absolutely do, and I have the right to actively dislike them for it. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic