Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

No one is going to sign for less money just for the chance to play for Tony, and no one isn’t going to not take JRs money if it’s the best offer out there because Tony is in the dugout.

Tony isn’t going to be the difference between being good and being bad. He may be the difference between being good and being great. 

I think you have to question his energy. You would think at the press conference he would be about as fired up as can be, but it seemed like he was going to fall asleep a few times while answering questions the way the White Sox wanted him to answer them. I question what will happen by August. He is old, and it isn’t an easy job. It will be interesting to see the make up of the staff.

I would only  like this if  there was an asst mgr to run the show

4 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Agree. Tim Anderson is a mature adult. I can't say the same for Stroman.

Considering Stroman was the one who squashed that little beef they had when Tim was taking stuff personal on the field between the two of them, I'd say the opposite. 

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

By the way, I love that everyone loves Tim now - MY GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, although I hope he doesn't comment to this post and say "I'm not your guy, buddy" - but I won't forget many here wanted him traded or moved off positions. No one cared about Timmy then, but for me and CWS and maybe a few others! I welcome you all onto the "what does tim want, that's what I want" wagon, but just know you're arriving late and youre not calling the shots.

Haha I’ve been on this wagon for years. Tim has been my fav player since being called up. He is clearly the team leader and just keeps getting better!

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Joel Sherman had a interesting thought. He said for 34 years firing TL has bothered JR so much, that now he brings him back. But is the 76 year old TL the same manager as the 42 year old version? He is well into the losing brain cells portion of life. Has not managed the last 9 seasons. To think he is the same guy he was when he last made out a line up card might be reached.

It's common sense.  You don't stop doing something for 9 years at any age and go back to it and be just as good.  Even worse when you're ancient.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

Haha I’ve been on this wagon for years. Tim has been my fav player since being called up. He is clearly the team leader and just keeps getting better!

You've been posting here longer than me so it looks like I'm moving back a row in the bus behind you. Lead the way.

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

By the way, I love that everyone loves Tim now - MY GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, although I hope he doesn't comment to this post and say "I'm not your guy, buddy" - but I won't forget many here wanted him traded or moved off positions. No one cared about Timmy then, but for me and CWS and maybe a few others! I welcome you all onto the "what does tim want, that's what I want" wagon, but just know you're arriving late and youre not calling the shots.

I was excited about Timmy since he got here.  I was also one of the few who supported his extension when it happened.

32 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

The Reinsdorf White Sox have always been a joke of an organization.  This doesn't even faze me.  I hope they win, but whatever.

Literally par for the course.  Even more so historically as an organization.  When a 100+ year organization doesn't know how to make the playoffs in consecutive years, self-sabotaging moves with no regard to the fan base at all whatsoever should be expected.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I was excited about Timmy since he got here.  I was also one of the few who supported his extension when it happened.

Another guy who has been here longer than me, I feel like I'm gonna be sitting in row 8 by the time this roll call is finished. 

I remember many laughing at me when I said Tim Anderson had the best hands I'd ever seen at the plate; there have been people who were equal, but no one had ever been better. Even a dumass like myself gets a few right now and then.

• Like 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic