Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Not a fan of the La Russa hiring, but as long as he doesn't pencil in one of the worst hitters on the team in the middle of the order as DH day in and day out, he'll be the best manager the Sox have had since 2006 Ozzie.   I  know,  that's a very low bar, but it is what it is.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

I’ve never sport hated someone more than I do Jerry Reinsdorf who is truly a POS. If he never lucked in to Michael Jordan we’d probably be talking about one of the worst owners in sports. I cannot wait til the day he’s no longer the owner of my favorite team. We deserve better for investing so much time into this team to only get shitted on by Reinsdorf. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Still no reactions from any Sox players that I've seen. That is extremely odd if you ask me. 

Maybe they told them to hold off for a bit due to the total meltdown of the fan base. Don’t need Keuchel tweeting something supportive only for 200 negative responses.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

So does Springer now land there. 

No I think we’re going to outbid them or he will go to another contender even if Hinch tries to recruit him there. Springer is going to want the most money. I can see Brantley going to Detroit though.

Edited by maloney.adam

Age provides qualities that a lot of young people lack - experience, wisdom and good judgment, among them.  Our culture is one where young people no longer respect their elders and discount the value of their life experience.   As an older Sox fan I find many of the comments here to be closed minded, short-sighted and on some levels, offensive.  Do you also think Steve Stone lacks baseball knowledge because of his age ?

As Steve  "Mongo" McMichael once reminded a group of vegetarians  that were chiding  him about the health risks of the fast food on the menu at his restaurant:

"You're gonna die too, you know." 

How about giving the age thing a break ? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, tray said:

Age provides qualities that a lot of young people lack - experience, wisdom and good judgment, among them.  Our culture is one where young people no longer respect their elders and discount the value of their life experience.   As an older Sox fan I find many of the comments here to be closed minded, short-sighted and on some levels, offensive.  Do you also think Steve Stone lacks baseball knowledge because of his age ?

As Steve  "Mongo" McMichael once reminded a group of vegetarians  that were chiding  him about the health risks of the fast food on the menu at his restaurant:

Ok Boomer

• Like 2

Tray, after I finish this rotation of the sun I'll be 60 so I appreciate your post and feelings. I think some of our posters have a pessimistic view of how they will be in a couple decades. That makes me a bit sad. It's as if they think their lives are over at 50. Lol

In a less harsh light. Tony started managing 40 years ago. I believe the Sox did not and will not receive his best years. Those were after his first tour and before this latest. We will never really learn if a proven hall of fame manager on the downside of his career would have been better than a potential hall of fame manager on the upstart of a career. But isn't that part of the fun of sports? Discussing the possibilities. 

15 minutes ago, tray said:

If you are asking if I think Steve Stone could do another job in baseball after decades of being an announcer, I would say the same thing. The game isn't the same as the last time he was in a dugout.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Gotta say, Sox sure know how to make a guy feel alive! Whether it's anger or happiness, they cover all the bases. Didn't get much done with work today, but enjoyed every minute of the day because the White Sox were doing White Sox things.

1 to 4:30 seemed like it lasted 20 minutes

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic