Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

1 hour ago, Dallas Kong said:

You know, my brother gets equally as hurt and upset by trivial things as you do. You don’t live in the DC metro area by chance, do you?

I’m going to bed. Please don’t get too despondent if I don’t immediately address your grievances.

Who said I was hurt or upset?

Your constant deflections are tiresome. At least I'm trying to get somewhere. You're just pretending to toy with me at this point. Which is fine because you still have a lot of things to address. (But at this point you've drug on this act so long you've long since distanced yourself from them, which was probably the intent).

When you feel you're right, I'm sure you press on. When you're under the microscope, my pressing of you is apparently "trivial." You'll never discover self-awareness, I suspect.

I remember when LaRussa confronted Jimmy Piersall, who Jerry ultimately fired after the season for upsetting his Prima Donna manager. Wonder if Tony will go after Stone or Jason and demand announcers more to his liking. Thom Brennaman and former White Sox Steve Lyons come to mind. Jimmy The Greek did as well but I believe he is dead at this point. Then again, I thought the same of Tony LaRussa, until earlier this month.

Heard many players defend and say they loved the leadership and playing for Rick Renteria, including Lucas Giolito yesterday on the Score. Lucas also praised all the veteran signings last year, with one notable exception (hint - he signed the largest contract in club history).  Still haven't heard a peep of praise for LaRussa from any player or anyone beyond non players who receive checks from Jerry Reinsdorf.

Hope JR doesn't crack the whip and demand players praise LaRussa like Hahn was forced to today. Hahn at the press conference reminded me of John McCain's Hanoi Hilton interviews. That's OK, Jerry and Tony will elect Rick Hahn into the Baseball Hall of Fame when the Vetaran's Committee meets to vote on "today's era" in 2022 :D.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Looks like Hinch to Detroit is just about a done deal.

Get his Hall of Fame bust ready. I'm thinking three maybe four WS wins in the next 20 years he's there. Detroit probably won't miss the playoffs this decade.

And yes, that was sarcasm. 

6 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yes. I think at least one of Lynn, Wainwright (FA), and Yadier Molina (FA) will be on the team next year

I’m really starting to worry that we’re going blow our chance to have an extended run.  Either we’ll bring in way too many La Russa “guys” as our big offseason additions or Jerry will force Hahn to go “all-in” and trade young controllable pieces like Vaughn, Madrigal, Kopech, etc. for veterans.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m really starting to worry that we’re going blow our chance to have an extended run.  Either we’ll bring in way too many La Russa “guys” as our big offseason additions or Jerry will force Hahn to go “all-in” and trade young controllable pieces like Vaughn, Madrigal, Kopech, etc. for veterans.

Oh I agree completely! This is my worry too. Also, it really does concern me that not a single player (veteran or otherwise) has tweeted out support about their new manager. I realize as fans we probably had a bit of an overreaction to this yesterday (sarcasm). But I do tend to think we as fans are a bit of a barometer of how the players feel with this too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fathom said:

I listened to it and didn’t feel that’s what he was trying to say, in terms of no upgrades. He’s not gonna say “I’m pumped for the talent but we need someone who’s not swinging a wiffle ball bat in RF and our young pitchers to act like they have some balls”

Sure hope he's thinking it.

16 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Oh I agree completely! This is my worry too. Also, it really does concern me that not a single player (veteran or otherwise) has tweeted out support about their new manager. I realize as fans we probably had a bit of an overreaction to this yesterday (sarcasm). But I do tend to think we as fans are a bit of a barometer of how the players feel with this too.

Sure doesnt help that half the team is prolly still looking up who the hell this guy even is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And people for bad for Hahn? Lol feel bad for a guy who hired Ventura and Renteria as manager? Feel bad for Hahn when he can’t get  a decent DH that hits better than a pitcher. Makes the tali’s trade? Added malaria EE Gonzalez Dunn laroche just to name a few disasters. People feel bad for him that he couldn’t pick a manager? he hasn’t earned  that right. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I think Hahn and the players wanted AJ Hinch but JR had other plans and interfered with the process. The coaching staff is so important now.

I do think Hahn did but I don't think there would have been a consensus w the players ( especially the young ones). Like most teams, I think RR was liked by some players and not by others. Certainly Keuchel was a big supporter of Hinch and he probably talked him up to some players. But I would assume most players would have a wait and see on any new manager which they will w TLR. 

23 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I think Hahn and the players wanted AJ Hinch but JR had other plans and interfered with the process. The coaching staff is so important now.

TLR`s first reaction was the reach out to his ride or die partner Dave Duncan.  That should tell you enough about what's about to happen for the coaching staff search.

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Vulture said:

Humans are actually able to perform computational analysis with their little old brains. That's how you can cross street traffic without getting killed.

What?!?

Man we're really stretching terminology to mean something it does not. No biggie.

I'm gonna add this to my resume. Doesnt even need a computer, my brain does computational analysis on its own. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 1

There are a lot of interesting ( not necessarily in good way) dynamics here but a big one to me is how is LaRussa going to handle having to prove himself for the first time in 35 years?

He has been deferred to for years with his success, now he not only doesn’t have that, he has to prove it...at age 76.

But, I think we have a great group. If Tony is ready to work, I think the guys will rally anyway.

• Like 3

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic