Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

41 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

This has nothing to do with this moronic move of hiring an ancient fvkc as manager.

NO offense, but it may be best to go wank off to the flag issue elsewhere. And I say this as a Vet speaking to a Vet.

I merely responded to a guy talking to me. Is there some kind of private message deal on this board?

Just now, The Hawk said:

Beat it. Your tripe is annoying.

Count this as an official warning from a page admin then. That sort of comment will not be tolerated by the page's moderation team. Please consider reviewing the page guidelines which you agreed to when signing up for this website.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This is spot on Tony. Spot on. My issue had been everyone jumping on TLR - but the big issue to me is the fundamental process that the org went through. I also find it shocking that TLR hasn't been working the phones since he officially got the role.  I'd think he'd be reaching out to the various guys and handle that and I'd think the same around getting that staff built out and at least Tony can give players context on what he thinks the staff will look like and who some of the faces will be.  

Willie Harris was probably interviewed so they could meet there minority candidate quota. And I am not saying the White Sox are a racist org. But , unless LaRussa being half Spanaird qualified as minority, Willie was used.

43 minutes ago, fathom said:

“Dumbfounded” according to Passan from what he heard from the players. This is a disaster so far.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30220736/why-tony-la-russa-sincerely-curious-choice-white-sox-manager?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Also from the article:

That kind of team, the logic goes, should have the kind of manager who will grow with it, a manager chosen not by an owner trying to right an almost-four-decades-old wrong but by the GM and staff that put the team together in the first place. That is how functional organizations work. The baseball people make the baseball decisions. The owners let them.

But I was told a GM wanting his own manager was a power grab and he should get over his bruised ego that he got overstepped by cronyism.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Input from one of your most important players is important.  As is not alienating the face of your franchise.

I don't think that asking input from players in regard to who you are thinking about hiring is warranted at all. However, an organization should know what the clubhouse is all about and not bring in someone who odds are will negatively impact the clubhouse. Lots of personalities in a clubhouse. Several big leaders. Some malcontents. Lots of egos. I'm not sure that Reinny gave a shit or thought enough about what his decision was going to do with his clubhouse

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Willie Harris was probably interviewed so they could meet there minority candidate quota. And I am not saying the White Sox are a racist org. But , unless LaRussa being half Spanaird qualified as minority, Willie was used.

Do you think Sox have an interest in Willie Harris in a role on TLR's staff?  So maybe they met with him for a few different reasons?  

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

That's absolutely why Willie was interviewed, they aren't even hiding it by saying other people they talked to. But honestly, it's not the worst thing for Willie - a promotion to manager is well beyond his current experience level, he's only been a coach for a couple seasons according to Wikipedia  so being able to see even a sham process for a big league managerial interview gives him insight into the kind of preparation he'll need to do if he decides to go that way with his career. Don't feel bad for Willie in this case, feel bad for the White Sox.  

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Do you think Sox have an interest in Willie Harris in a role on TLR's staff?  So maybe they met with him for a few different reasons?  

Even if they did, they're not going to be gathering information about it at this point - the hired manager would clearly be involved in the process of coming up with his staff.

7 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

How bad do you think things could get with this? Like players-requesting-trades bad or full-blown-mutiny bad?

I've been picturing a Bobby Valentine managed 2012 Red Sox where the season was just a disaster and he only lasts one season.

Edited by manbearpuig

23 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

I don't think that asking input from players in regard to who you are thinking about hiring is warranted at all. However, an organization should know what the clubhouse is all about and not bring in someone who odds are will negatively impact the clubhouse. Lots of personalities in a clubhouse. Several big leaders. Some malcontents. Lots of egos. I'm not sure that Reinny gave a shit or thought enough about what his decision was going to do with his clubhouse

Bro I’m just going to ask, are you the real Hawk Harrelson?

• Haha 2

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic