Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The fact that he feels the need to post this is not making me feel any better.

Maybe the LaRussa experiment won't last that long. I think the front office would be crazy to hire a young bench coach that will be able to step in and take over the manager role if LaRussa falters somehow. At least that's what I'm clinging to.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The fact that he feels the need to post this is not making me feel any better.

Between his lack of reaching out to players or even mentioning them by name, along with the lack of acknowledgment by the players, it’s really one of the strangest hirings I’ve ever seen

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Between his lack of reaching out to players or even mentioning them by name, along with the lack of acknowledgment by the players, it’s really one of the strangest hirings I’ve ever seen

But how do we know that he hasn’t contacted anyone? Has he said this in any of the interviews he has done since the hiring? Maybe they are being tight lipped.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Steve Stone is the new WSD to Sox fans.  Everything he says is gospel. 

Who the hell ever thought what WSD said was gospel? I don't know anybody that did. Stone is a special baseball mind and what he says often goes hand in hand with what goes on with the team. 

Equating WSD with Steve Stone's at any level is boneheaded. WSD can't even carry Stone's jock strap. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

6 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Steve Stone is the new WSD to Sox fans.  Everything he says is gospel. 

I don't even know how to respond to this.  I think even WSD would take Stone's word as gospel.   I'm pretty sure he is well connected in the organization lol

• Like 2

What’s critical now is who RH and KW hires for the rest of the coaching staff. If what I’m hearing is accurate and they keep some of the staff on board from RR and hire a young up and comer for one of the positions than I think all of this stuff about TLR will eventually blow over. 

Edited by maloney.adam

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

The name thing is even weirder now after his interview this morning. I really hope he reaches out to them by the end of the week

20 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The name thing is even weirder now after his interview this morning. I really hope he reaches out to them by the end of the week

I mean, the obvious answer is that he didn't have to do a full interview, so he didn't actually learn them all.

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Tony LaRussa could tweet “No one asked me but....as a color guy who got the heave-ho on the other side of town for dramatic relationships with players, I’d zip my lips before I complete the Renteria getting booted from both sides of town.”

But TLR won’t tweet that because he’s busy saving animals, passing out Halloween candy, and voting in the election. There’s 5 months till Opening Day. They’ll be forming the genesis of lifelong friendships in 3 months. Let these people live — the first week after TLR’s hiring is Halloween/Election time. 

Hahn should really be doing some player outreach since he already knows the players and their agents and can do the introductions.

But no, he has a carmine derrier and ran for cover after Tony was signed. Oh poor me....a little Catholic self flagellation.

You know what... maybe JR should fire Hahn and make Stoney the GM.  It looks like that would make for a more coherent and cohesive organizational structure...at least at this point.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tray said:

Hahn should really be doing some player outreach since he already knows the players and their agents and can do the introductions.

But no, he has a carmine derrier and ran for cover after Tony was signed. Oh poor me....a little Catholic self flagellation.

You know what... maybe JR should fire Hahn and make Stoney the GM.  It looks like that would make for a more coherent and cohesive organizational structure...at least at this point.

Holy fuck you won’t this stop with this ridiculous fire Hahn crusade.  Every single thread...

49 minutes ago, tray said:

You have to be a fake person

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

But how do we know that he hasn’t contacted anyone? Has he said this in any of the interviews he has done since the hiring? Maybe they are being tight lipped.

Some one asked LaRussa during the hiring press conference whether he spoke to Tim Anderson, and he stated he did not talk to any players. 

In other news, MLB announced this evening Rick Renteria is a finalist for AL Manager of the Year.

ivhea19i93rgwrigu58o

Edited by South Side Hit Men

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

In other news, MLB announced this evening Rick Renteria is a finalist for AL Manager of the Year.

I guess that MLB produces White Sox games but doesn’t watch them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I guess that MLB produces White Sox games but doesn’t watch them.

Had a great season this year, brought the team as a whole around well despite lack of starting pitching depth. Several players have praised the job Ricky performed after the season, and after the firing. Still haven't heard from a single player entering Day Six of the Crony LaRussa hiring.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-bbwaa-awards-finalists

Renteria: After a 10-win improvement from 2018-19, Renteria helped the White Sox return to the postseason in '20 for the first time since '08. Though Renteria and the White Sox parted ways after the season, Renteria is still receiving consideration after leading the White Sox to a 35-25 (.583) mark -- their best winning percentage since the '05 championship season.

18 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Had a great season this year, brought the team as a whole around well despite lack of starting pitching depth. Several players have praised the job Ricky performed after the season, and after the firing. Still haven't heard from a single player entering Day Six of the Crony LaRussa hiring.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-bbwaa-awards-finalists

Renteria: After a 10-win improvement from 2018-19, Renteria helped the White Sox return to the postseason in '20 for the first time since '08. Though Renteria and the White Sox parted ways after the season, Renteria is still receiving consideration after leading the White Sox to a 35-25 (.583) mark -- their best winning percentage since the '05 championship season.

I understand why he is getting the nod as a finalist but that is certainly only one side of the coin.

On 10/31/2020 at 5:00 PM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Uh.. this is a little awkward... not sure how to tell you but just want to let you know that you have also done none of those things and are also giving your opinion. 

Not the same. 

What I've said on this blog from the beginning is that I don't know, nor does anyone else know, how this is going to turn out. 

But TLR has more experience at this than all of us, and all the other commentators out there, combined, so he deserves the opportunity to prove himself in the here and now with this Chicago White Sox team. At that point, go ahead and judge him.

Just don't pre-judge him, because nearly every critic on here doesn't really know anything about what it takes to be a major league manager. 

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic