Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

6 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Yikes, I can’t believe that Tony hasn’t reached out to him. Also, Tim saying things like “make it as smooth as possible” and “if he allows it” is so embarrassing for the White Sox. So stupid of the team to not connect Tony and Tim.

Tim is clearly being sarcastic. He may have qualms but at least he doesn't sound angry. It is a relationship thay can work if Tony keeps his word and is baseball progressive now. 

11 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Yikes, I can’t believe that Tony hasn’t reached out to him. Also, Tim saying things like “make it as smooth as possible” and “if he allows it” is so embarrassing for the White Sox. So stupid of the team to not connect Tony and Tim.

It's sad that Tony put Tim into a position where he has to defend a guy who still hasn't reached out to him. Pathetic. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

This is seriously incredible.  What in the fuck.

When are people going to learn that Stoney is basically the narrator for the organization? When he said the other day Tony should be communicating with the players, it was obvious there was a lack of dialogue. I still can’t get over how potentially damaging this ridiculous hire was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

When are people going to learn that Stoney is basically the narrator for the organization? When he said the other day Tony should be communicating with the players, it was obvious there was a lack of dialogue. I still can’t get over how potentially damaging this ridiculous hire was.

16 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

This is seriously incredible.  What in the fuck.

I'll give you the other one - when are people going to learn just to assume the worst here? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'll give you the other one - when are people going to learn just to assume the worst here? 

I’ve just gotten to the acceptance point where I think this season is going to be a massive success or an unmitigated disaster filled with drama. There’s no inbetween.

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Is this sarcastic? Everybody here already does in regards to TLR - including me.

I tried very hard to convince myself it wouldn’t be as bad as 95 pct of the people on here thought it would be.  I’ve said this before, but thank god this isn’t college sports as the transfer portal would be blowing up.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fathom said:

What a joke 

Is it a reason to panic ? Nope. They still have to hire his coaches. I don't think it's necessary to contact every player in the 1st month of hire. There's a ton of things the Sox and LaRussa will be active with this off season . Let them get a coaching staff in place 1st so there's a bit more to talk about with his players or maybe get an idea of who the Sox will retain, acquisition targets, payroll. We all have questions about that so maybe the players do too and LaRussa might want to be better prepared on those fronts  Heck he could wait til around Thanksgiving and tell them all how thankful he is to get the opportunity to manage each and every one of them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fathom said:

Kudos to Timmy. He could have been much more aggravated in his responses. 

Maybe he is not as angry as people want him to be? Eloy said some very positive things about TLR as well. Not the player revolt Sox fans were hoping for. TLR can make this work if he is willing to put in the work and let the guys have fun. 

2 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

Is Verlander back with the Tigers?  Hadn't heard that one yet.

In other words he was perfectly willing to reach out to people ahead of the process connected to the Tigers organization, there is no reason think once he was hired he would also reach out to the current players.  The fact that Tim Anderson, upon winning a huge honor of a national award, has to give interviews and get asked this question and be embarassed to give the answer that TLR seems to not care what he thinks enough to contact him, is horrifying. 

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

In other words he was perfectly willing to reach out to people ahead of the process connected to the Tigers organization, there is no reason think once he was hired he would also reach out to the current players.  The fact that Tim Anderson, upon winning a huge honor of a national award, has to give interviews and get asked this question and be embarassed to give the answer that TLR seems to not care what he thinks enough to contact him, is horrifying. 

The frightening take here.  What if TLR just thinks.  Fuck it.  I am a HOF manager.  Who the hell is Tim Anderson. He can hear from me at spring training when I pencil his name in the lineup.  

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There are 8 players remaining on Detroit's 40 man roster from his time there.  Would you have been impressed if TLR called Jose Quintana in September?  That's what you are talking about here.

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

The frightening take here.  What if TLR just thinks.  Fuck it.  I am a HOF manager.  Who the hell is Tim Anderson. He can hear from me at spring training when I pencil his name in the lineup.  

Given his history, this is fully what I believe.  This is the guy who took a dump on Ozzie Smith for Royce Clayton.  Why would he care about Tim Anderson?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThirdGen said:

There are 8 players remaining on Detroit's 40 man roster from his time there.  Would you have been impressed if TLR called Jose Quintana in September?  That's what you are talking about here.

Jose Quintana = Miguel Cabrera.  Sure.  That a great analogy. 

There are no great ex-White Sox floating around that TLR could have called ahead of his hire.  There are no great CURRENT White Sox that TLR could have called in the last week.  It makes total sense that a leader wouldn't want to talk to the leaders of the team he is taking over.    Quit carrying the mail for a guy who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic