Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

4 minutes ago, Hatchetman said:

Today he sounded about the same as he always did. Parkins was complaining he wasn't fired up. LaRussa has never been fired up unless he's yelling at an umpire. 

La Russa is quite possibly the most humorless man to have ever put on a baseball uniform, and i dare say that's not an exaggeration.

• Like 1

Just now, Vulture said:

La Russa is quite possibly the most humorless man to have ever put on a baseball uniform, and i dare say that's not an exaggeration.

He can actually be pretty funny in post games but yes it is pretty dry and acerbic. He's like ryan from the OC, but older.

Obviously Rick has been publically undermined. This isn't his hire but the real concern is the intent with the next manager was to further infuse FO analytics into the actual in-game decisions and TLR likely isn't down for that. He said he will be but there are real doubts. That's the real tension here.    

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, macsandz said:

Obviously Rick has been publically undermined. This isn't his hire but the real concern is the intent with the next manager was to further infuse FO analytics into the actual in-game decisions and TLR likely isn't down for that. He said he will be but there are real doubts. That's the real tension here.    

He actually said the exact opposite in his presser. 

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Who will break the news to LaRussa he must leave a reliever in for three batters?

Hopefully that rule gets overturned. Heard Verducci talking about it- said it did nothing for shortening games and 30 out of 30 managers hate it. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Two and out for sure

Which makes me believe it's win it all now. This could mean JR opens the vault. Maybe Tony's value is getting JR to spend. Doesn't make sense to bring in Tony as part of a building plan. 

"Hey Jer, I'll come but you got to resign everyone and bring in a couple arms"

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Which makes me believe it's win it all now. This could mean JR opens the vault. Maybe Tony's value is getting JR to spend. Doesn't make sense to bring in Tony as part of a building plan. 

I will be stunned if it’s not all in the next two seasons.

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

They better blow up budgets and pump in mad money like never before.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He actually said the exact opposite in his presser. 

I didn't watch the presser but that's the primary reason RR and Cooper were fired. I'm sure he told RH/KW he's open to it.

They're not gonna scrap the organization's entire in game analytics model for a favor hire to Reinsdorf. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

If this means some combo of Stroman, Bauer, Springer and some of the bullpen arms available then - fine. If this is "we're ready to win a series and Tony is the finishing touch" then... woof.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic