Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

4 minutes ago, Sockin said:

These guys are douchebags so I don't care about their stupid policies;

these are the same morons who put LaRussa and Selig in the HOF but told Barry he's not allowed. So the guys who knew about, profited from, and made their name off those players are reaping the rewards while the players are ostracized from the game. It's such a joke.

That said, I knew they were going to be pissed about this. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

these are the same morons who put LaRussa and Selig in the HOF but told Barry he's not allowed. So the guys who knew about, profited from, and made their name off those players are reaping the rewards while the players are ostracized from the game. It's such a joke.

Thankfully none of the WWE Hall of Famers ever come out of retirement

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Those are great points. I'm still against the PED boys from getting in, now I'm against the guys who profited also.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Have any Sox players commented on social media yet?

I would think they have nothing to say since they’ve probably never met him and they were in middle school the last time he managed a game.  Hopefully Tony starts making phone calls soon and texts with everyone over the winter to start building a relationship before they get to Arizona. 

Just now, flavum said:

I would think they have nothing to say since they’ve probably never met him and they were in middle school the last time he managed a game.  Hopefully Tony starts making phone calls soon and texts with everyone over the winter to start building a relationship before they get to Arizona. 

I’m surprised no “Let’s Go” from the usual guys

How many managers have been employed in MLB in the years Tony managed? How many are in the hall?

I'm going to hope there's some Hall of Fame managerial electrons left in the energy cell. He wasn't my top choice but I'm certainly not going to wish he fails. At several points in his career he was the best manager in baseball. Does he have two or three runs left? Let's hope so. 

Now if he could convince Alomar to come in as assistant manager . . .

I think it is utterly asinine to not let Rick choose his guy.  RH was kept on because he was a top analytics guy that ballclubs were slavering over when the possibility of him being available came about.  Now, after putting up with mouthbreathing fans that blame him for the on field talent and offseason signings, when he finally has HIS team HE wanted to put together through HIS means, JR comes along a deebo's his options for manager.  It makes no sense outside of JR doing JR things. 

Edited by ChiSox83
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ChiSox83 said:

I think it is utterly asinine to not let Rick choose his guy.  RH was kept on because he was a top analytics guy that ballclubs were slavering over when the possibility of him being available came about.  Now, after putting up with mouthbreathing fans that blame him for the on field talent and offseason signings, when he finally has HIS team HE wanted to put together through HIS means, JR comes along a deebo's his options for manager.  It makes no sense outside of JR doing JR things. 

I'm actually not sure where this Hahn theory comes from; Hahn is a lawyer, his strength was contracts and the likes. I think Hahn is pro-data and metrics and saw it as imperative to win. I don't think Hahn has any sort of background in analytics or data though.

Agree with your sentiment in general, just don't agree with "Hahn the data and analytics" guy. He's a sharp guy no doubt, and part of great management is giving jobs and roles to really smart people that know shit you do not, but Hahn isn't leading any data departments, or building and utilizing any data warehouses anytime soon.

42 minutes ago, flavum said:

And why would they since Tony apparently doesn't know any of their names?

Just now, NCsoxfan said:

I’ve taken some time today to cool off and clear my mind about this hire. Pretty much block out all the noise and overreactions. That being said, what a complete sh!t hire. 

Lol

”so I’ve had time to think it over. This hire is garbage”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Orlando said:

First MLB player to kneel talks about how La Russa helped him. Seems good.

Man, Bruce was in a rough place at that time. Good on Tony. That said, Tony said something this year - 10 months ago. As I was corrected earlier.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic