Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

9 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

I think Ricky got sacked for losing it with the umpires during that bad stretch, more than anything else.  He wasn't a steady hand at the wheel when they needed one.  And you're right about a veteran.  Bochy is the obvious answer to me.

Bingo!

I didn’t realize Bochy has been public in signaling his desire to return to the dugout.  

I hadn’t given his potential candidacy much thought up until now, what with all the noise surrounding LaRussa and Hinch.

But if he’s interested, I think he checks off every box we could want as it relates to hiring a manager with the experience and ability to take this team to the next level.  I’m hoping he’s the next manager of this team.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/giants/bruce-bochy-hasnt-talked-white-sox-could-see-mlb-managerial-return

Just now, Thad Bosley said:

I didn’t realize Bochy has been public in signaling his desire to return to the dugout.  

I hadn’t given his potential candidacy much thought up until now, what with all the noise surrounding LaRussa and Hinch.

But if he’s interested, I think he checks off every box we could want as it relates to hiring a manager with the experience and ability to take this team to the next level.  I’m hoping he’s the next manager of this team.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/giants/bruce-bochy-hasnt-talked-white-sox-could-see-mlb-managerial-return

It was a pretty weird signal because it's both "i'd like to manage again" but also he has health issues and seemed like this year may not be the best fit.

1 hour ago, Thad Bosley said:

Welcome to the club.

On 10/22/2020 at 8:54 AM, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I wrote about the manager search for today and some of the actual candidates: https://www.southsidesox.com/2020/10/22/21524486/white-sox-job-a-desirable-destination-for-managerial-candidates

Good read!  It sure is true that a watched pot never boils.  We are anxious to get on with the new manager news and off-season dealings.  Naturally, the WS will go the full 7 games.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 7:54 AM, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I wrote about the manager search for today and some of the actual candidates: https://www.southsidesox.com/2020/10/22/21524486/white-sox-job-a-desirable-destination-for-managerial-candidates

Good read, but I noticed you didn't write about Ozzie in there? Does this mean he is a dark horse candidate?

AJ Hinch just seems too obvious at this point. I'd be surprised if it isn't him. I would be thrilled with Hinch (or Ozzie). 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Haha 1

I wonder if if Dan Plesac would be interested in managing the Sox. I think he might.  A midwest guy who loves Chicago, pitched for the Cubs and wanted to pitch for the Sox.

And while I am on the Plesacs, I really like  Indians starter Zach Plesac but I don't think the Sox have players that they would be willing to trade for him.

6 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Good read, but I noticed you didn't write about Ozzie in there? Does this mean he is a dark horse candidate?

AJ Hinch just seems too obvious at this point. I'd be surprised if it isn't him. I would be thrilled with Hinch (or Ozzie). 

Why would I write about Ozzie? Rick Hahn said at the press conference that he isn't a candidate. 

40 minutes ago, pcq said:

I would interview Joey Cora. I thought he was a good one. 

Well, he's apparently been managing/3b coaching in the Pirates organization since 2017. Maybe he has some great ideas and comes off great in the interview? But at the same time, are the Pirates the team you currently want to poach coaching talent from?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

It's clearly going to be Hinch. I would bet my account on it being him. It is just too obvious. 

What makes you think that? Isn't Reinny pretty adamant about his people being squeaky clean?

26 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

What makes you think that? Isn't Reinny pretty adamant about his people being squeaky clean?

nothing says squeaky clean like tony la russa. Shame Eddie Johnson isn't still the police chief, they could have had a ball.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

nothing says squeaky clean like tony la russa. Shame Eddie Johnson isn't still the police chief, they could have had a ball.

LaRussa ran baseball teams where the use of Roids was openly done in the clubhouse itself. He was blatant about it with the bash brothers and the Cardinals. 

10 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

LaRussa ran baseball teams where the use of Roids was openly done in the clubhouse itself. He was blatant about it with the bash brothers and the Cardinals. 

Methinks you may have missed some sarc....(falls asleep drunk at a stoplight). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Methinks you may have missed some sarc....(falls asleep drunk at a stoplight). 

No. I knew all about LaRussa's repeated drunkenness as well as the ex-police chief's. Basically Tony has been a drunk all of his life.  Tony really has a lot of warts. Hell his two oldest daughters filed a multi-million dollar law suit against him for his refusal to recognize them publicly as his children. He's really a piece of work.

6 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

No. I knew all about LaRussa's repeated drunkenness as well as the ex-police chief's. Basically Tony has been a drunk all of his life.  Tony really has a lot of warts. Hell his two oldest daughters filed a multi-million dollar law suit against him for his refusal to recognize them publicly as his children. He's really a piece of work.

😮

16 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Wow. I knew none of that. What a turd.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic