YourWhatHurts

Tony La Russa named Manager

1 minute ago, mqr said:

There are, like, a lot of philosophers that do not agree with you. 

Do you really want to have this discussion? Fine.

What is a principle? It's definitely not, "This cheater is so bad and it's beneath me and my integrity to have him but this other one's cheating was (IMO) less severe so that's alright."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hahn also mentioned it could be someone on a staff that is still playing in the playoffs.

Joe Espada would be a play I could see the Sox making. Checks the box of Spanish speaking, winning caliber type and doesn’t draw the limelight like hinch and cora would. 

54 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I agree - I think Scioscia goes to a team in rebuild mode vs. a team like the Sox and even than I don't know whether Mike is interested in managing anymore. Part of it may just be because he had a long run calling the shots and in the new era that flexibility rarely exists.  I imagine they are going to move pretty swiftly in hiring a replacement.  

I gotta think that the Sox aren't going to go out and bring in a guy who is known for not cooperating with the front office.

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

Your post was so illogical that it really doesn't deserve a counterpoint. 

That's exactly what a person with no counterpoint says. (There are others coming at you that you have yet to answer as well)

Please explain logic to me, then. If you can after dealing with your mental gymnastics.

Edited by KonerkoFan1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

That's exactly what a person with no counterpoint says. (There are others coming at you that you have yet to answer as well)

Please explain logic to me, then. If you can after dealing with your mental gymnastics.

If your logic is that all cheating is absolute and penalties should be applied universally despite their severity, then it's just plain old dumb. Imagine if any society was run that way. Yikes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

It's all or nothing!!!! No in-betweens!!!!

It's always interesting when someone words something in an absolute, certain way and then later on instead of changing their wording or specifying it they have to start doing mental gymnastics.

5 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

If your logic is that all cheating is absolute and penalties should be applied universally despite their severity, then it's just plain old dumb. Imagine if any society was run that way. Yikes. 

Funny thing is that's not actually what you were even arguing. You never corrected your wording or your stance.  

You never specified what cheating was okay for you in a manager and what cheating wasn't.

So answer this. There is no Integrity in signing one cheater but there is integrity in signing another if his cheating wasn't quite as bad as the first guy's?

And no, that was not my logic. You didn't follow my argument.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Dude, come on. You're being called out on multiple fronts but multiple different people. 

You say you've answered the question, but everyone (except you) knows you haven't. It's simple:

You said if the Sox hired AJ Hinch, they have no integrity because he cheated. You are saying there are different levels of cheating....which is true......but if you are talking about integrity, which has been your point the whole time....why is some cheating OK, but other types of cheating is just wrong? Integrity is pretty black and white. If you cheat....does winning more Super Bowls than anyone else somehow help your integrity? 

People are coming at you because your argument doesn't make sense. And if you don't want to answer that's fine....but it sort of answers the question for us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Dude, come on. You're being called out on multiple fronts but multiple different people. 

You say you've answered the question, but everyone (except you) knows you haven't. It's simple:

You said if the Sox hired AJ Hinch, they have no integrity because he cheated. You are saying there are different levels of cheating....which is true......but if you are talking about integrity, which has been your point the whole time....why is some cheating OK, but other types of cheating is just wrong? Integrity is pretty black and white. If you cheat....does winning more Super Bowls than anyone else somehow help your integrity? 

People are coming at you because your argument doesn't make sense. And if you don't want to answer that's fine....but it sort of answers the question for us. 

2 people are calling me out and we disagree. I'm okay with that. You want to hire a cheater and I don't. That's okay. 

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I tried to stray from having to use The L Word because it feels to me like the people who bring up logic the quickest are the ones who most blatantly disregard it.

2 people are calling me out and we disagree. I'm okay with that. You want to hire a cheater and I don't. That's okay. 

Ok, question answered. Thanks for confirming our suspicions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Not only are you minimizing (it's been more than 2 people, lol) but you keep refusing to answer the question and acknowledge the point.

Why is the concept of integrity only applied to cheating of a specific severity? So the Sox do have integrity if they hire a cheater of lesser severity?

You don't even realize that you just blatantly contradicted yourself. "Logical."

Edited by KonerkoFan1

Just now, KonerkoFan1 said:

Not only are you minimizing (it's been more than 2 people, lol) but you keep refusing to answer the question and acknowledge the point.

Why is the concept of integrity only applied to cheating of a specific severity? So the Sox do have integrity if they hire a cheater of lesser severity?

Let it go. By his last "answer", he told us everything we need to know. 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Ok, question answered. Thanks for confirming our suspicions. 

OK. Our next talk will be about teaching you how to properly use ellipses. They're not what you think they are. 😂

3 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

You don't even realize that you just blatantly contradicted yourself. "Logical."

So you think integrity is absolute too? Jesus, man. Are you a sith? 

I am sure that whoever is chosen will be welcomed with open arms by the Soxtalk community....especially in Game Threads next season.

OK. Our next talk will be about teaching you how to properly use ellipses. They're not what you think they are. 😂

That’s ok. Improper ellipses use doesn’t show a lack of integrity. But had it been improper use of a question mark? Forget about it. Instant ban. No integrity whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

You're cute. 

Full of shit, but cute. 

So for the people that are anti-Hinch, does that mean they are against signing Springer this offseason as well? 

Edited by soxfan3530

1 minute ago, soxfan3530 said:

So for the people that are anti-Hinch, does that mean they are against signing Spring this offseason as well? 

shit rolls down hill, mlb absolved the players they are ok /green

53 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Whatever floats your boat, man. But if that's the direction you are wanting to take the franchise, we may have wanted to stick with Ricky.

Can yo mamma motivate the players to play clean baseball?  If so, then yo momma may be as good as or even better than Ricky.  Either are still better than Hinch.