Jump to content
YourWhatHurts

Tony La Russa named Manager

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Standards are opinions, my guy. It is my opinion that any team that signs Hinch lacks integrity 

Standard and opinions have zero to do with logic. Clearly you have no actual knowledge of the subject so save your laughable Sith Lord comments. 

Frankly your opinion is contrary to reality. If you can't even define integrity or scale it then your opinion on it means nothing.

 

Nice job ignoring virtually the entirety of the post yet again.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd be Ok with Hinch.

I like Sandy.

But honestly, I'd take a successful HS baseball coach that never even played organized baseball over Renteria, so legitimately anything is an upgrade.  

I want someone totally outside this organization as manager. Hinch, Cora, Espada. Alomar is okay, but I don’t think he’s a guy that gets you over the top. The Alomar thing doesn’t make sense as a target in my opinion as they could have signed him when they hired Renteria. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, soxfan3530 said:

So for the people that are anti-Hinch, does that mean they are against signing Springer this offseason as well? 

I wouldn't want him, because you know his numbers were propped up because of the cheating.  I also think they Astros got off way to easy on the whole thing.  Plus, the Sox need pitching more than anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I want someone totally outside this organization as manager. Hinch, Cora, Espada. Alomar is okay, but I don’t think he’s a guy that gets you over the top. The Alomar thing doesn’t make sense as a target in my opinion as they could have signed him when they hired Renteria. 

Hahn was pretty convinced that the next manager would be someone who is not being currently paid by this franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, wegner said:

I am sure that whoever is chosen will be welcomed with open arms by the Soxtalk community....especially in Game Threads next season.

Yeah...I am sure Soxtalk will give whoever it is a good week or 10 days before they can't take it any longer.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Standard and opinions have zero to do with logic. Clearly you have no actual knowledge of the subject so save your laughable Sith Lord comments. 

Frankly your opinion is contrary to reality. If you can't even define integrity or scale it then your opinion on it means nothing.

 

Nice job ignoring virtually the entirety of the post yet again.

All of our opinions mean nothing. Welcome to Soxtalk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Standards are opinions, my guy. It is my opinion that any team that signs Hinch lacks integrity 

We live in a society that believes in 2nd chances after one has paid his debt to society.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TaylorStSox said:

All of our opinions mean nothing. Welcome to Soxtalk. 

You called me dumb and illogical.

Logic is an established philosophy, based on FACT.

You don't get to call someone dumb and illogical and use an OPINION as support. Sorry. Your beliefs don't jive on a logical level.

 

Come back when you're ready to answer questions and define the different levels of "severity" and "integrity."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yeah...I am sure Soxtalk will give whoever it is a good week or 10 days before they can't take it any longer.😉

Haha, you got that right.  Look at Colome, who had a great save success rate and the Game Thread would dread every time he came in.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If Stone really is the White Sox whisperer...

 

If everyone thought opposite of this mentality then basically no one would get a second chance, ever. The world would be pretty messed up in that case.

 

But if the severity is bad enough, dammit. (Someone needs to make a chart so what we know how far is just too damn far!)

Edited by KonerkoFan1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

We live in a society that believes in 2nd chances after one has paid his debt to society.

No we don't. No more second chances for anyone. If you do not do everything that the law says, and I do mean everything, you lack integrity. No mistakes from anyone. PERIOD. 

In all seriousness though, I can understand Hinch being side eyed for the scandal. That is something he brought upon himself. But it is baseball, so I don't see why he can't get a second chance if the players get to keep playing. He didn't do anything that put anyone's life in jeopardy or caused anyone some sort of great loss. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SoxFanForever said:

Tony is 76 years old.  I find it hard to believe he would be a candidate.

Gene Lamont is 3 years younger....let's give him another shot. :cool:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×