Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

2 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

The reason I believe it more than ever ... Dan Roan isn't the type of guy to get down in the mud and put out rumors... just not his cup of tea. To report as he did makes me think it's very, very true. 

Hopefully it's an advisor .. hopefully! haah. 

Yes but maybe he is hearing it from someone that is spreading rumors. We don’t know. 

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

Speaking from my perspective? That its the same ol' same ol'. I finally had a glimmer of hope we weren't messing around after firing Ricky. I should know better than to have any hope in this franchise. 

When was the last time the Sox hired a manager with TLR accomplishments and status? If he is into analytics as experts are saying, and not a complete amateur risk, how is this the same old same old? 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

When was the last time the Sox hired a manager with TLR accomplishments and status? If he is into analytics as experts are saying, and not a complete amateur risk, how is this the same old same old? 

Because they’re still hiring “in the family.” 

3 minutes ago, harfman77 said:

There is the age thing, the style of play, and the fact that he was at the epicenter of PED's with the A's and Cardinals. 

I'll give you age. His style of play fielded consistently good to great teams competing for titles. PEDS are a problem for me but to be fair a large portion of the league was using. Not easy to get away with PEDS now for anyone. My top choice is a known busted cheater coming off a suspension for a year. 

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'll give you age. His style of play fielded consistently good to great teams competing for titles. PEDS are a problem for me but to be fair a large portion of the league was using. Not easy to get away with PEDS now for anyone. My top choice is a known busted cheater coming off a suspension for a year. 

For me it's what TLR said about kneeling combined with Anderson/Abreu being the leaders in the clubhouse. I don't think La Russa would have Anderson's respect. It's an awful fit. 

TA is the face of the franchise and you wanna piss him off? Really? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Because they’re still hiring “in the family.” 

Fair point. But at least this guy has been a winner unlike Ventura. Realistically our two options to get a Hall of Fame manager are Hinch and TLR. Hinch may not be on JRs radar because of too recent of a scandal. Bochy is there as well but I'm not sure he wants to come back yet. Not many other guys are as qualified as those 3 and available. 

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not trying to push for more info here, but don’t let a couple haters get you down.  The vast majority of us appreciate your reporting on these matters.

Seconded.  Its information.  Even if it doesn't end up proving out in the end, it doesn't mean it wasn't accurate in the moment.  The information is appreciated and adds color to the process that we might not get.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

For me it's what TLR said about kneeling combined with Anderson/Abreu being the leaders in the clubhouse. I don't think La Russa would have Anderson's respect. It's an awful fit. 

This is the main argument that can be made against TLR in my opinion. He is a great coach and solid leader. His clubhouses have been known to fracture and his political views do not align with our guys. This information is public knowledge and I'm sure it has been addressed with Kenny and players if TLR is the choice. 

The organization is being relatively tight lipped about this. You don’t have Hahn publically coming out with anything. The only thing that has been leaked to the media is the TLR stuff. If Scott Merkin is saying that the organization usually operates under the radar and if they don’t confirm anything, it won’t happen, than he is usually correct. We shall see though.

Edited by maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Did anyone catch what Bruce said? I missed it

nothing we didn't know aside from that today it may not be announced.

He resisted idea that Hahn was against this, saying typically JR would not circumvent staff and push for a hire. He may suggest but not force it, adn this would be different. He sounded like a wounded puppy.

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Serious question, what inside info has bucket provided that turned out to be accurate the last decade?

Doesn't always come through me but it's on here all the time and those posters know who they are. 

You keep asking this. It really bothers you doesn't it?

OK uh...the Sox are NOT hiring La Russa to manage the team. Is that what you want to hear?  🙄

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

Texted my old friend tim from college. I asked him if I should be worried. Tim said he thinks he'll be fine.

he's a cards fan. 

so basically book your world series tix.

conversely, my friend Tim from college who is a Cards fan is wondering why the Sox want to hire someone who "hasn't coached in a while and I'm guessing he's kinda behind the times since the baseball job he's held for a long time is with a bad organization"

27 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

When Tony was fired by Hawk, it was way before social media and the internet. The general consensus wasn't OMG how can you let this genius go. It was what took so long?

That may be true, but the prevailing consensus among Sox fans I encountered over the following decades, while we watched our former manager win title after title, was "just like the f'n Sox to let this guy go."  That's why I'm still shocked by the level of hatred on this board (even though I don't want them to hire TLR myself).

• Like 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic