Jump to content
YourWhatHurts

Tony La Russa named Manager

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I don't disagree with this, for the most part. I just hate seeing media members portray a guy as a racist for his opinion on the anthem. I think it's OK to call Tony out and say his opinion is outdated and that maybe he needs to discuss it with people (probably people of color). But to scream from the rooftops that he's a racist is not a constructive thing to do on the matter.

I think Tony knows what he's doing. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Bernstein is a massive liberal race-baiter. Who cares about his opinion?

th?id=OIP.pTWMD6UeSEv-bEmNm2WgKAHaE8%26p

  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mqr said:

.....or people are running wild on the reports of an announcement today from a person you generally should not listen to. 

This is my tinfoil hat hope.  Did they feed this strange info to Bruce to gauge fan and media reaction?  It's more than a smokescreen but not a conclusive signal for finalized hiring decision. The reaction sure isn't doing LaRussa any favors right now and and doesn't exactly reflect a healthy Sox front office if this hire is made.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I’m still waiting for the major announcement.

If Rick Hahn isn’t saying that he will leave if they do this over his objection, then we might as well just call him Assistant General Manager Hahn.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

This is my tinfoil hat hope.  Did they feed this strange info to Bruce to gauge fan and media reaction?  It's more than a smokescreen but not a conclusive signal for finalized hiring decision. The reaction sure isn't doing LaRussa any favors right now and and doesn't exactly reflect a healthy Sox front office if this hire is made.  

I mean there are also a few guys here that are “in the know” that say its happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, fathom said:

Timmy liked an article about AJ still being under consideration.  Hope he did it because it’s possible and not because he’s hoping it’s not Tony.

That’s cause A.J. is going to be the guy.  The reason I know this smoke is bullshit is because they are 100% meeting with Hinch even if La Russa is the preferred candidate.  That couldn’t have happened until yesterday at the earliest and the timing of this smoke doesn’t really jive with that.  And most importantly, when the Sox leak info to Bob Nightengale it’s almost always a plant and used for misdirection.  Making it seem like the Sox are going to hire La Russa is great way to keep the price down on Hinch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is a wonderful post. 

No it sucks because it brings politics into a non political forum.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

No it sucks because it brings politics into a non political forum.

Dude, idk what you don't realize. Politics permeates everyday life and always has. There is nothing that is non-political. 

People are more aware of that and it's creeping into more topics. 

Everything is political. "Apolitical" doesn't exist. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so pissed that nothing has been announced either way. Another day of excruciating speculation and anger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Orlando said:

I’m so pissed that nothing has been announced either way. Another day of excruciating speculation and anger.

The Tweet yesterday made it sound like a LaRussa announcement would happen today, right? If nothing is announced, is that a good thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

No it sucks because it brings politics into a non political forum.

Politics was brought in long before that post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This is because context is not a thing in this country. Being against kneeling because you think it disrespects the flag is not racist. As I've said before, Americans are taught since they are 5 to stand for the flag out of respect. It comes across as racist because Black issues are tied into kneeling.

This doesn't mean there aren't racists against kneeling, but being against kneeling isn't necessarily racist in itself. Just like I wouldn't call a man sexist because of his views on abortion if it is about the baby and not an issue with a woman's right to choose. If someone's disagreement with kneeling is truly about respect for the country and not about disagreeing with racism, they are not being racist. My problem with TLR is that he said he wouldn't want them on the field at all protesting. He may think the baseball field and anthem is not the spot to protest, but it is anyone's right to do so until baseball bans it (which they would never do). 

And North Koreans are taught that their dear leader shoots an 18 in a round of golf. The pledge of allegiance is propogandist BS.

There's no difference between a human born in America and born in Colombia; the person born in America isn't superior because of some piece of fabric. They don't have a "right" to the flag, or a right to tell people how to express their pain and suffering.

To, at this point, be against kneeling is flat out racist. You can deny it all you want, but it's simply not true. The troops and military DO NOT own the flag; they have explained repeatedly that they are not disrespecting the military. Kaep even asked a decorated military official the best and least offensive way to protest. I said it before but willful ignorance does not excuse bigotry. Period, end of story. 

Freedom is for all. People hated how Malcolm X protested; they hated how MLK protested. They ask for peaceful protests and when they are given that, they ask for protests that white people approve of. It's complete nonsense. It's an excuse to degrade a movement. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I don't disagree with this, for the most part. I just hate seeing media members portray a guy as a racist for his opinion on the anthem. I think it's OK to call Tony out and say his opinion is outdated and that maybe he needs to discuss it with people (probably people of color). But to scream from the rooftops that he's a racist is not a constructive thing to do on the matter.

To me racism isn't normally just an incident, but a pattern.  It can manifest itself in one incident, but typically the signs are there.  People like Tony tell us who they are through their actions and their words.  It isn't just a single incident or story, which makes it easier to question.  There is a pattern here that goes back a long ways, and even his most recent public comments on the matter don't seem like he has grown or changed with the times to start to get past that kind of a line of thinking.  I mean in my life experience racism isn't a yes/no switch.  There is are differences between holding a few racist stererotypes to be true, hating BLM as a terrorist group, burning crosses in people's lawns, ignoring black names on resumes, and lynching black people.  Now I don't know how much of a racist TLR is, but from his own words, I can make a 100% clear observation that Tony holds viewpoints which are absolutely held as racist by people of color, and that I would consider as racist as well.  This doesn't mean he is holding Sunday crossburnings, but it is also a really big red flag to a situation where he is coming into a group of strong personalities, and a large minority population who 100% will think that of his viewpoints.  Maybe he can change their minds, or maybe he causes the clubhouse to go up in flames and anger.  I don't know that answer, but I do know that it isn't a chance I would take, nor do I want to see the White Sox taking.

  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Does this mean KW wants La Russa?  If so, that’s fucking gross.

It sure does sound like it. KW is JR’s puppet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s cause A.J. is going to be the guy.  The reason I know this smoke is bullshit is because they are 100% meeting with Hinch even if La Russa is the preferred candidate.  That couldn’t have happened until yesterday at the earliest and the timing of this smoke doesn’t really jive with that.  And most importantly, when the Sox leak info to Bob Nightengale it’s almost always a plant and used for misdirection.  Making it seem like the Sox are going to hire La Russa is great way to keep the price down on Hinch.

I looked up the tweets yesterday.  Immediately after the Sox announced that RR was gone, Nightengale tweeted that Hinch was a strong candidate.  Later that afternoon Nightengale tweeted the LaRussa interest.  After things had gone quiet durning the World Series, the day after the series ends Bruce LeVine tweets about LaRussa gauging interest in staff hires.  Bruce doesn't exactly break Sox news that he isn't fed directly.  I'm looking at who is putting out the info and wondering why.  Dan Roan and a former Bear is some odd sourcing confirmation too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

It sure does sound like it. KW is JR’s puppet.

“I’m wearing shades to hide how excited I am to be able to hire Tony”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why was Jack Nicklaus not told to shut up and swing a golf club yesterday? Because he's a white athlete who expressed an opinion that the bigots agreed with.

Why are black athletes told to shut up and dribble? Because they're black.

There are some things in life that are so obvious they can't really be refuted. 

  • Thanks 4
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I looked up the tweets yesterday.  Immediately after the Sox announced that RR was gone, Nightengale tweeted that Hinch was a strong candidate.  Later that afternoon Nightengale tweeted the LaRussa interest.  After things had gone quiet durning the World Series, the day after the series ends Bruce LeVine tweets about LaRussa gauging interest in staff hires.  Bruce doesn't exactly break Sox news that he isn't fed directly.  I'm looking at who is putting out the info and wondering why.  Dan Roan and a former Bear is some odd sourcing confirmation too.

Bruce & Nightengale are KW’s go-to plants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×