Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

No you won't. Our roster will be complete, so there won't be a need to move people around. RF is the last glaring need in our lineup. And possibly DH until Vaughn is ready a few weeks into the year. 

Just wait. 1983 team was pretty stacked. Ron Kittle played CF once.

Edited by Dick Allen

Just now, Rowand44 said:

Even for you weirdos who like this move, there was absolutely 0 leg work done on this.  Your 800 year old owner had his mind made before even pretending to go through this process.  This is what this fuckin organization always does and it's just infuriating. 

It sounds like it.  Bad process even if it works.

• Like 1

Many of you are Debbie Downers regarding Tony LaRussa. Read my reaction and have an open mind and tell me where I'm wrong. The Sox have an experienced Hall of Famer in the dugout. He does NOT CELEBRATE FOOLS. If somebody rips him a new one for not taking out Giolito or Kopech in the sixth inning of a shutout dominant performance he'll tell them to go jump in Lake Michigan.

Have an open mind and realize this is GOOD NEWS, folks. Who cares what the players think? Tony is a gruff guy with the media but he's not some despicabe Scrooge to players. He has what's important: the street cred so to speak in the form of a world championship baseball resume. Plus he has karma on his side. Unfairly fired by Hawk; now destiny to wear the White Sox hat with good talent!!!!

Don't just dismiss me. Read what I say closely, THEN COMMENT on why I'm so happy. Tony LaRussa ... a glorious fall day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

I wonder if they hire a younger guy (everybody is younger) like Jirschle to be the bench coach and manager in waiting

This is what I am anxious to hear about.  Tony has always put good people around him IMO.  Although he wouldn't have been my first choice...he is after all a HOF manager.

• Like 1

Look, the Sox know the questions about race and LaRussa are coming immediately.  They are ready.  They weren’t gonna jeopardize this whole rebuild like that.  They will be prepared.  I’m ready to hear them out.  Until then, I’m not judging this move. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to seee a Tony apology that says “Look I get it now and I’m sorry for what I’ve said.  Anybody on this team, I got their back, they do what they need to regarding the anthem and social issues.  Again I’m sorry but so get it now.”

Edited by Jerksticks
  • Haha 1

When a manager outshines the players then it's a bad hire. 

Also when a manager has question marks around race (very easy to find confirmations), integrity (DUI + plus saying "do you know who i am" during the arrest) + tied to steroids? But then turns around and acts holier than he is? That's where i have a problem. Especially when they are touting a youth movement "change the game" etc. 

I don't need a players manager, but this is a poor hire. Sorry. There's a real chance he's actually dead before the Sox World Series window is closed ... that's not a forward-thinking move. It's living in the past again. 

• Fire 1

On 10/28/2020 at 1:32 PM, Balta1701 said:

I think there are absolutely losses, but I think $3 billion is clearly exaggerated and makes 0 sense when payrolls on players were reduced by 2/3 league-wide. If you had said "there were substantial losses" or "MLB officials claimed there were $3 billion in losses" I would have no problem with those phrases, because neither one of them says that we should be certain that number is true when it probably isn't.

Hahn may be on the outs

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

My rule of thumb for managers, leaders, Presidents and Politicians is if I would not trust you to drive me to work for the duration of your contract or time, you likely shouldn't be employed or doing the job.

I wouldn't trust someone like Larussa to drive me to work everyday for the duration of his contract, why the fff should I trust him to run a team.

That’s...a really weird rule of thumb.  Also, make sure you don’t say that if you’re ever deposed in an age discrimination case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Report that la russa bringing on baines as a coach. But no that will never work cause he hates black people right? Lmao at you all.

this team needed a manager like tony who will chew them out and right the ship when they start playing like dog crap like they did down the stretch this year.

• Fire 1

This fucking franchise actually made me wish it had been Ozzie and that is fucking unforgivable.

I'm about as numb as I've ever been as a fan of this team. They are determined to fuck things up any way possible. 

I said it from the start of the rebuild: we are trusting the same people that drove the franchise into the ground with rebuilding. And now here we are.

• Fire 5

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic