Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

This team was just starting to develop a lot of swagger and a lot of personality and these guys are having a lot of fun out there. You really don't think Tony larussa being the guy in that Dugout full of minorities is going to have an effect on morale and the complexion of this team?

Man, I hateed Renteria as manager but we can always count on the White Sox to make us miss the last guy, no matter how bad he was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I remember hearing a stat before 2016 that there was one locker room in MLB where every white player voted for Trump and every minority was for Clinton.

Not that I find the idea particularly hard to believe, but I would be stunned if that was actually verifiable. 

1 hour ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I am immediately reminded again about being a White Sox fan.  Reminds me of how KW brought in Robbie Alomar, Carl Everett and a couple others in 2003 and then none of them came back and D'Angelo Jimenez was out there instead.  Reminds me also of not bringing back Charles Johnson, missing on ARod, the Machado fiasco where they just didn't offer the most guaranteed money, etc.  Reminds me of KW's constant tongue-fingering of the dorf's asshole while admonishing the fans for not showing up and saying he can't spent a dollar when he only has 50 cents, etc.

They couldn't play that 50 cents BS on the West Side.

The UC is the Sistine Chapel of the NBA

Just now, RagahRagah said:

This team was just starting to develop a lot of swagger and a lot of personality and these guys are having a lot of fun out there. You really don't think Tony larussa being the guy in that Dugout full of minorities is going to have an effect on morale and the complexion of this team?

Man, I hateed Renteria as manager but we can always count on the White Sox to make us miss the last guy, no matter how bad he was.

I’m not concerned in the slightest about someone like Eloy having a smile on his face 

Just now, Kalapse said:

So just checking in. Looks like Fathom has reached the acceptance stage. I commend you, man. I'm dying to get there too.

I’ve had about three days to prepare.  Now if someone told me the Sox were going to massively slash payroll and Timmy and a few others hated the hire, I would be right there with everyone else.

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Tony gets along well with Hispanic players, from everything I’ve heard

Just now, fathom said:

I’ve had about three days to prepare.  Now if someone told me the Sox were going to massively slash payroll and Timmy and a few others hated the hire, I would be right there with everyone else.

I'm just glad I believe/know managers are worthless, and I know hating your manager might get you to spite-produce haha, so the only real negative effect this moron could have on the team is PR related for the most part. I hate Jerry for doing this because it looked like Rick wanted to cry, but in the grade scheme of things it doesn't matter. Tony can sleep in his office all season for all I care, these guys are gonna go out and light the world on fire regardless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

A better question is, who won't?  So far that list is maybe 1, Stroman. 

That's a big 1, ya know, 3 hours into Tony being our manager.  But yes, a lot of baseball players do share Tony's view points so it's not like we're going to lose out on everyone because of this.  Money for the most part will always win anyways but when your owner is JR that's obviously not great either.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m not concerned in the slightest about someone like Eloy having a smile on his face 

I'm being honest when I say you might be the person I respect most on this board. You have a great mind for baseball and I generally agree with you.

But I think you're being extremely short-sighted here to say the very least.

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

This makes me feel a little better

Marcus can't really be upset; he invited this on. 

Marcus' agent likely gave him a little jingle and let him know that Tony might be coaching for the team with the checkbook out and Marcus quickly said... people evolve, people change LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Exactly. I hate this hire, but all that matters is how the players feel and what our offseason will look like. Time will tell. 

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic