Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Just not buying it Jimmy. Firing Renteria was so out of the ordinary for this team. Just to do that alone says things were different. To do that only to turn around and ignore hahn just doesn't make sense. And I have NO idea why you think its a cowardly move not to hire a guy who took zero responsibility for cheating that happened in front of his face.

So you buy into one of the guy oj the board who has proven sources' posts and then don't believe a post by the same poster 5 minutes later? If anyone on this board has any idea of how all this went down, it would be Jimmy.

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

how the tides have turned my friend.

He'd be OK with it because HE made it. You turning into a little rick hahn Jr? Because I've already got that title locked up so you gotta be rick hahn III. Maybe since I'm lashing out against dad right now, you'll become the new Jr! 

All jokes aside, I just dont buy that hahn is against it adamantly and Jerry is telling him to fuck off. Exactly as you said earlier, its never happened why would it start now?

I agree that it seems unfathomable, but from a business perspective hiring the owner’s buddy to be your direct report is not a smart move.  Throw in all the other factors we’ve all discussed here and it just doesn’t make sense why Hahn would want La Russa as manager.  The only path I can see is if Jirschele is considered the real deal, but they want to give him a couple  years to grow under an experienced manager.  Even then, hiring Bochy would make much more sense if you’re Rick Hahn.

I want to say, I find it amazing how many cite FA concerns with TLR.

There are a lot of players who are still very very angry about what the Astros did. It is not something that has been forgotten. Hinch comes with significant baggage. I still think money reigns, but I don't think you can cite Tony baggage and ignore the real anger around the league at astros people.

It was almost impossible to screw this up and yet it sounds like they found a way. 

In utter disbelief we're hiring a drunk senior citizen who hasn't coached in over a decade & failed in the front office to oversee the best group of young talent this franchise has ever had.  Completely and totally insane.

Nothing says "change the game" and a bunch of young exciting players than Tony Fucking Larussa.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree that it seems unfathomable, but from a business perspective hiring the owner’s buddy to be your direct report is not a smart move.  Throw in all the other factors we’ve all discussed here and it just doesn’t make sense why Hahn would want La Russa as manager.  The only path I can see is if Jirschele is considered the real deal, but they want to give him a couple  years to grow under an experienced manager.  Even then, hiring Bochy would make much more sense if you’re Rick Hahn.

Do you really think that TLR would have a replacement on his bench. His ego wont allow for that. His coaching staff will be filled with old dusters and guys from yesteryear.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I wanted Hinch but yeah, pretending like La Russa is some beacon of morality is laughable. I don't see why they couldn't have looked at other candidates more extensively

I knew this was over when I heard they didn't even interview Bochy after he expressed interest. Its also why I dont think anyone but Tony has even been on the radar since he interviewed. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I want to say, I find it amazing how many cite FA concerns with TLR.

There are a lot of players who are still very very angry about what the Astros did. It is not something that has been forgotten. Hinch comes with significant baggage. I still think money reigns, but I don't think you can cite Tony baggage and ignore the real anger around the league at astros people.

Players, like usual, and possibly more this offseason, will go to the team that offers the most money.  Unless Tony says something dumb at the introduction conf call, players will have no issues signing to play for him.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Players, like usual, and possibly more this offseason, will go to the team that offers the most money.  Unless Tony says something dumb at the introduction conf call, players will have no issues signing to play for him.

Yeah I'm with you, money is king. As floyd Mayweather infamously said "I'm a prize fighter, I fight for a prize dummie." These are professional athletes and its their job. I just dont think one could argue tony has more baggage than Hinch with the modern player maybe. They both got some leaks.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

11 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

The cooper firing at the same time now makes sense.  Clearing space for Duncan.  

Can Duncan even get out to the mound in enough time to not make the games last 5 hours. No matter how the team spins this, I just cannot get behind a hiring like this. 

8 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Yeah. He's afraid to hire Hinch because of the "cheating scandal". Jerry Reinsdorf is a fucking coward. A short-sighted one at that. 

Yeah, that’s pretty sad but Jerry’s “morals” have been fucking us for years between the refusal to go over slot or unwillingness to pursue young LatAm players.  I actually thought he was starting to let the front office operate free of some of these restrictions and allow them to make the best baseball decisions possible, but apparently Jerry is going to continue interfering with our baseball operations until the day he dies. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

So Mr Bauer, Dave Duncan here.  Didnt anyone tell you throwing those weighted plyo balls are going to hurt you.  Also those drones might hurt you, keep them at home.  Now lets talk about your two seamer.  

14 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I think JR interfered with the process and got his way. Hahn got caught up in the middle of it unfortunately. However, usually when things like this happen the person that got caught up in the middle of it ends up being the person that is angry and leaves eventually because they don’t want to put up with it.

Usually that’s what happens, but given Hahn has a job for life if he doesn’t do something criminal, he’ll probably tuck his tail between his legs and go with the flow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

So Mr Bauer, Dave Duncan here.  Didnt anyone tell you throwing those weighted plyo balls are going to hurt you.  Also those drones might hurt you, keep them at home.  Now lets talk about your two seamer.  

Bauer is never going to sign here anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I came across a list of the rest of the managerial candidates. Some interesting names here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_verified_oldest_people

senior-man-waving-hand-happily-senior-ma

Hi young fella, Smitty's the name.  3rd base coach.  you can now go to home.  Stop with that crazy loud music.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

What’s a rapsodo - Dave Duncan....he’s going to be Don Cooper 2.0 (that is if you be a don cooper before don cooper

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nightengale listed Tony as the prime candidate a few hours after the conference call. This didn’t come out of the blue. My theory is JR wanted Tony and Hahn preferred Hinch. Tony would be given an interview to see how everyone would mesh. Tony aced the interview and Hahn supported Jerry’s decision.

No shot on the latter. 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Just not buying it Jimmy. Firing Renteria was so out of the ordinary for this team. Just to do that alone says things were different. To do that only to turn around and ignore hahn just doesn't make sense. And I have NO idea why you think its a cowardly move not to hire a guy who took zero responsibility for cheating that happened in front of his face.

It’s cowardly if you’re afraid of the backlash and that’s the only reason you’re not bringing the best guy in.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I don't really give a shit what you're buying or not buying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 8

14 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

So Hahn is gonna leave a great team and money to go somewhere else and not have loyalty of FO or great team he built? Because a very successful manager could help us win? 

Loyalty? What loyalty? The dude was just named Executive of the Year by his peers and he's not allowed to choose the club's next manager which is part of his job description. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic