2020 NBA Offseason Thread

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Billy Donovan is reportedly calling assistant coaches and letting him know that he's starting his bench from scratch.  Sounds like at least Rogers, Loenser, and Cooper are out.  

Fleming still around

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Probably best case answer. I don't know that I want the Ball family and Lamelo has his issues, but I think he has upside and Bulls need a playmaker.  

The big red flag is now LaMelo only confirmed that he didn't speak to the Bulls and the only team he is confirming is the Knicks.

I'd still take him if AK and Donovan think he's worth it, but lord have mercy, this family.

2 hours ago, Quin said:

The big red flag is now LaMelo only confirmed that he didn't speak to the Bulls and the only team he is confirming is the Knicks.

I'd still take him if AK and Donovan think he's worth it, but lord have mercy, this family.

Why is that a red flag

I'm super excited (and surprised) at the NBA announcement to open right before Xmas.  As terrible as the Bulls are, I really miss watching my team place basketball.  No idea how they are going to pull this off and I do expect we'll see a lot of stars sit as they just manage their body given the short off-season for those teams that went deep into the playoffs, but this path helps get NBA on a pretty good glide path to a normal start of the season for the 2021/2022 season.  

31 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'm super excited (and surprised) at the NBA announcement to open right before Xmas.  As terrible as the Bulls are, I really miss watching my team place basketball.  No idea how they are going to pull this off and I do expect we'll see a lot of stars sit as they just manage their body given the short off-season for those teams that went deep into the playoffs, but this path helps get NBA on a pretty good glide path to a normal start of the season for the 2021/2022 season.  

Let's....see what the pandemic is doing then. Because if there's no bubble...a game where you bump up against someone for 30 minutes while breathing heavily indoors still has some problems. 

I'm really excited for the season. I still think this is a playoff team if healthy. I'm hoping they roll the dice with Deni in the draft if he's there. If he plays up to the scouting reports, I like the fit and I think he'd allow you to play Coby and Lavine at the same time a lot more without really worrying about ball movement. 

They have their trade exemption to use to add a vet, and I like Jae Crowder with that.

Bring back Jo on a vet minimum

PG- White-Sato

SG- Lavine- Crowder

SF- Deni-Porter

PF- Lauri-Rookie guy from last year whose name escapes me

C- Carter-Noah

On 10/28/2020 at 6:51 AM, scs787 said:

I'm really excited for the season. I still think this is a playoff team if healthy. I'm hoping they roll the dice with Deni in the draft if he's there. If he plays up to the scouting reports, I like the fit and I think he'd allow you to play Coby and Lavine at the same time a lot more without really worrying about ball movement. 

They have their trade exemption to use to add a vet, and I like Jae Crowder with that.

Bring back Jo on a vet minimum

PG- White-Sato

SG- Lavine- Crowder

SF- Deni-Porter

PF- Lauri-Rookie guy from last year whose name escapes me

C- Carter-Noah

I’m really hoping they get Deni as well. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Mo Cheeks officially added to Bulls bench, along with Bucks Josh Longstaff

(Cheeks was longtime donovan assistant in OKC)

Not familiar with Longstaff - but like what the Bucks have done.  Really like the Mo Cheeks pick up.  

On 10/27/2020 at 8:39 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Lordy, do I need this.  I'm not a hockey fan and the Bears fail to excite me this season.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:19 AM, bmags said:

Mo Cheeks officially added to Bulls bench, along with Bucks Josh Longstaff

(Cheeks was longtime donovan assistant in OKC)

Shoulda been a Bull when he was drafted, finally is.  That was when the Bulls had a publicly attended draft at a Loop theater and Mo's family was there begging and pleading.  But they drafted some bozo with lead toes who was soon gone.  I don't even want to look it up.

8 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Lordy, do I need this.  I'm not a hockey fan and the Bears fail to excite me this season.

Shoulda been a Bull when he was drafted, finally is.  That was when the Bulls had a publicly attended draft at a Loop theater and Mo's family was there begging and pleading.  But they drafted some bozo with lead toes who was soon gone.  I don't even want to look it up.

Yesss we need another nba fan on the forum. What an insanely long stretch to try and entertain ourselves with bench coach rumors and version 223 of a mock draft.

But that said once they clear up the schedule the condensed FA/draft period is going to be insanely fun.

To me, Deni is the only guy that makes sense if Ball is gone. Still makes the most sense if Balls there too IMO.

I'm really excited to see the development of White under Donovan and Cheeks. 

I'm not comparing the 2, but Westbrook attributes Cheeks to his development as a PG anddd Westbrooks best years were under Donovan. 

I'm not ready to give up on White as a starting PG. I think he turns into a stud. 

• bmags locked this topic