2020 NBA Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

This pick just seems trying to be too cute

I watched a ton of FSU games last year, and there were many times I thought they were better when Williams was off the court. Not once was I like “yeah this guy is going to be a stud in the pros”.  Seems like a nice kid though, so I will be rooting for him (unlike Wendell, who is a coward)

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

This pick just seems trying to be too cute

Apparently Detroit loves him, but man, I'd have just taken Deni at 4 unless AK and Eversley are absolutely sold on Williams and don't think they could have gotten him on the trade down.

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

I watched a ton of FSU games last year, and there were many times I thought they were better when Williams was off the court. Not once was I like “yeah this guy is going to be a stud in the pros”.  Seems like a nice kid though, so I will be rooting for him (unlike Wendell, who is a coward)

Why is Wendell a coward?

I actually appreciate the Bulls front office following their instincts. I think so many people get caught up on aggregate boards and value and less on principle when reality is there is a giant clutter of people who are pretty similar all across the board.  And this year more than any year - makes things an even bigger crapshoot.  I know nothing about him so hard for me to say and will be interesting to see what the Bulls do.

I'm like Fathom though where there is something about Wendell that doesn't add up.  I just don't get the impression that he puts the effort into his overall game.  Opposite of Lavine - who I get why people have concerns, but he's kind of like Jimmy Butler (well no one is Jimmy Buckets) in the sense that every year he puts in a ton of work and gets better...period.  Every year in this league (when healthy) Lavine has got better and so with that in mind, I don't mind an org betting on that person because you can at least see constant development. 

I haven't seen any of that with Wendell. He looks literally like the same player (sans a bit more muscle) as the day they drafted him.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

He got GT in trouble for taking him to a strip club on his official visit.  Apparently he went home and told mommy who told the NCAA.

Lol whatever. He was a 17-18 year old kid then. NCAA shouldn't have such a broken, exploitative system in the first place.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I actually appreciate the Bulls front office following their instincts. I think so many people get caught up on aggregate boards and value and less on principle when reality is there is a giant clutter of people who are pretty similar all across the board.  And this year more than any year - makes things an even bigger crapshoot.  I know nothing about him so hard for me to say and will be interesting to see what the Bulls do.

I'm like Fathom though where there is something about Wendell that doesn't add up.  I just don't get the impression that he puts the effort into his overall game.  Opposite of Lavine - who I get why people have concerns, but he's kind of like Jimmy Butler (well no one is Jimmy Buckets) in the sense that every year he puts in a ton of work and gets better...period.  Every year in this league (when healthy) Lavine has got better and so with that in mind, I don't mind an org betting on that person because you can at least see constant development. 

I haven't seen any of that with Wendell. He looks literally like the same player (sans a bit more muscle) as the day they drafted him.  

Amen.

24 minutes ago, wegner said:

Toppin goes 8th to the Knicks...boy I sure would have loved to see if my alma mater could have made a run with him during March Madness...alas 2020 had other plans for us all.

Yeah that is a huge bummer. That program keeps putting teams out though. 

• bmags locked this topic