2020 NBA Offseason Thread

5 hours ago, bmags said:

AD signs long-term with Lakers.

One thing I hope the bulls try is make it so players like playing there instead of constantly burning it down every time they leave.

I think the new regime can only help. Krause was Krause, although the Bulls always got players to play with MJ to get rings. Gar was a known liar. There is no reason to spend winters in Chicago if you aren't treated like a king or your path to the finals has obstructions. You look at the NBA, if you are in a cold weather city, unless you drafted a no brainer, you're pretty screwed. Especially now when the great ones have no problem moving on.

Thibs had a decent rep, but Fred wasn't going to wow players and Boylen was a joke. I think they are on the right path. Hopefully someday soon, guys like AD will want to play for the Bulls while he's in his prime, not just to grab money like D Wade.

Edited by Dick Allen

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think the new regime can only help. Krause was Krause, although the Bulls always got players to play with MJ to get rings. Gar was a known liar. There is no reason to spend winters in Chicago if you aren't treated like a king or your path to the finals has obstructions. You look at the NBA, if you are in a cold weather city, unless you drafted a no brainer, you're pretty screwed. Especially now when the great ones have no problem moving on.

Thibs had a decent rep, but Fred wasn't going to wow players and Boylen was a joke. I think they are on the right path. Hopefully someday soon, guys like AD will want to play for the Bulls while he's in his prime, not just to grab money like D Wade.

But don’t forget the scorched earth Deng to Miami where he let everyone know bulls docs nearly killed him

On 12/3/2020 at 1:35 PM, bmags said:

But don’t forget the scorched earth Deng to Miami where he let everyone know bulls docs nearly killed him

“How do the Bulls become the Nets.”Professional staff up and down the list, develop a solid young roster with good coaching and cap space. This is a big city. It can be done.

First pre-season game tells us the Bulls are the same as last year, don't have the three point guns to compete in the modern NBA.  Don't defend it very well either.  And they're soft in the middle.  Wendell needs to find a position.  Right now I'm not sure why he's on the court.

3 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

First pre-season game tells us the Bulls are the same as last year, don't have the three point guns to compete in the modern NBA.  Don't defend it very well either.  And they're soft in the middle.  Wendell needs to find a position.  Right now I'm not sure why he's on the court.

The Bulls look like a team who has only had a week of team practices with a new head coach.

They are going to be pretty bad. But this is a good year to do it. Get all your bad contracts off books, figure out who you want to extend, and go off to the races.

Patrick Williams looked good. Coby was rough, but bulls are going to need time. 

WCJ was awful. 

So guys

I'm trying to rekindle my love into basketball/fantasy basketball

Which bulls are going to rock out this year so I can target some Bulls so I can watch them?

Zach Lavine ranked super high (I think top 30 player) so will cost a lot. Must get?

Colby White starting PG any good?

Otto Porter any good? I guess he will get traded

WCJ worth it? Lauri?

13 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

So guys

I'm trying to rekindle my love into basketball/fantasy basketball

Which bulls are going to rock out this year so I can target some Bulls so I can watch them?

Zach Lavine ranked super high (I think top 30 player) so will cost a lot. Must get?

Colby White starting PG any good?

Otto Porter any good? I guess he will get traded

WCJ worth it? Lauri?

I don’t really know fantasy but of any I think Lavine/white will be in position to get points.

Much better game today. Coby was good, but much rougher start for Williams. Just looked less confident in what he wanted to try.

Lavine was much better this game, Lauri was garbage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I don’t really know fantasy but of any I think Lavine/white will be in position to get points.

Much better game today. Coby was good, but much rougher start for Williams. Just looked less confident in what he wanted to try.

Coby's got two PG's on staff to coach him up.  If they manage to make him into a PG it would still surprise me.  Lauri's got one foot on the flop line.  Wendell needs to establish an NBA identity.  

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 9:56 PM, bmags said:

Man....I don't know what to think of Markkanen right now....he's so damn inconsistent. I've believed in him until now but man.....I hope it's just rust. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Coby's got two PG's on staff to coach him up.  If they manage to make him into a PG it would still surprise me.  Lauri's got one foot on the flop line.  Wendell needs to establish an NBA identity.  

Yeah I don't see Coby as being able to actually run an offense based on what he's shown. However, his defense has shown more flashes. We'll see, bulls still don't really seem to be "running" anything which is understandable considering how little practice time they've had with a new staff. 

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah I don't see Coby as being able to actually run an offense based on what he's shown. However, his defense has shown more flashes. We'll see, bulls still don't really seem to be "running" anything which is understandable considering how little practice time they've had with a new staff. 

I see White and LaVine as the same guy basically. They're both 2 guards. Coby should come off the bench and Satoransky should start. White can come off the bench for now and be instant offense. Having White run the offense wastes his scoring ability. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scs787 said:

Well the Giannis pipe dream has busted. He resigned with the Bucks. 

It was never going to happen, so I'm happy he's staying with the Bucks. Big win for small market teams.

The thing is, the NBA needs to fix the super-max. They should make it only take the same cap space as the regular max, but the athlete gets paid the same.

Just now, Quin said:

It was never going to happen, so I'm happy he's staying with the Bucks. Big win for small market teams.

The thing is, the NBA needs to fix the super-max. They should make it only take the same cap space as the regular max, but the athlete gets paid the same.

Probably wasn't gonna happen, but I'm still hoping the new regime can get them involved with the big names next year with all the money they have coming off the books.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

It is, especially with the Harden stuff.

I can't blame Harden. He's given Houston everything and the new owner has burned that franchise to the ground in record time.

George, Kawhi (Spurs edition), and Kyrie are one thing. Harden is another.

• bmags locked this topic