Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chisoxfn

2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I would dangle Lavine, White and #4 pick for Harden; or you could do a package around Laurie and others or obviously with Carter Jr.  I think you need Lavine in the package to make money work - might be wrong though.  Unless Otto Porter is part of the deal to make financing work.  If you plan to go big in FA next year - than having someone like Harden is good.  

I could be wrong, but I feel like Harden is never going to be the guy who wins you a title as your biggest star.  Maybe in a place like Brooklyn with other stars, but he just doesn't seem conducive to winning it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I could be wrong, but I feel like Harden is never going to be the guy who wins you a title as your biggest star.  Maybe in a place like Brooklyn with other stars, but he just doesn't seem conducive to winning it all.

Maybe not but it's easier to get a star when you have a star. And if AK ends up as good at talent evaluation as Denver was they might be able to find something to fit around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harden isn't going to win the Bulls championships, but in the NBA you win the trade when you get the best player, and the Bulls can give up a lot of players but none as good as he is. That said, I have no idea why he would want to get out of Houston, but would be OK coming to the Bulls.

But he is way better than anyone the Bulls have, and if they have space, if he is on the roster, there is a far greater chance at a free agent star in the future.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I could be wrong, but I feel like Harden is never going to be the guy who wins you a title as your biggest star.  Maybe in a place like Brooklyn with other stars, but he just doesn't seem conducive to winning it all.

Harden and a bunch of mediocre players, no (but then again, who could?) but I think Harden could absolutely be the best player on a championship team. When he had CP3 and Capela around him, they were pretty much the second best team in the league besides the Warriors who just had more talent. If you pair him with another star who could be a complementary player, like Butler, Klay, or Tatum (who has quickly become one of the best two way players in the league) or a star big men like AD or Embiid, I think that team has a good shot of going all the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

I would dangle Lavine, White and #4 pick for Harden; or you could do a package around Laurie and others or obviously with Carter Jr.  I think you need Lavine in the package to make money work - might be wrong though.  Unless Otto Porter is part of the deal to make financing work.  If you plan to go big in FA next year - than having someone like Harden is good.  

You need to do LaVine + Thad at minimum for money to work.

It'd also take a shit ton of picks, pick swaps, etc. to get close to done.

The good news is you'd have Otto, Sato, and Felicio coming off the books next offseason and only Lauri due for an extension. You'd have room to add a second star to Harden, Lauri, and Wendell as your new core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quin said:

You need to do LaVine + Thad at minimum for money to work.

It'd also take a shit ton of picks, pick swaps, etc. to get close to done.

The good news is you'd have Otto, Sato, and Felicio coming off the books next offseason and only Lauri due for an extension. You'd have room to add a second star to Harden, Lauri, and Wendell as your new core.

I have an awful trade scenario to build maybe the most aesthetically frustrating but still probably good team in the nba

Trade Lavine, Thad, White, #4 pick, 2022 top 12 protected pick to Houston

Then, trade Otto Porter to Golden State for Andrew Wiggins

Then sign Rajon Rondo as vet min

PG - Rajon Rondo

SG - James Harden

SF - Andrew Wiggins

PF - Lauri Markannen

C - Wendell Carter Jr

Then get a mid level exception for carmelo anthony.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 2.46.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 2.49.03 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

probably should get back to work.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bmags said:

I have an awful trade scenario to build maybe the most aesthetically frustrating but still probably good team in the nba

Trade Lavine, Thad, White, #4 pick, 2022 top 12 protected pick to Houston

Then, trade Otto Porter to Golden State for Andrew Wiggins

Then sign Rajon Rondo as vet min

PG - Rajon Rondo

SG - James Harden

SF - Andrew Wiggins

PF - Lauri Markannen

C - Wendell Carter Jr

Then get a mid level exception for carmelo anthony.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 2.46.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 2.49.03 PM.png

but why the wiggins deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Quin said:

but why the wiggins deal

Because, as I said, I set out to make the most probably good but aesthetically disgusting team in the NBA ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Because, as I said, I set out to make the most probably good but aesthetically disgusting team in the NBA ?

For some reason, my brain just can't comprehend Wiggins being good outside of something like Golden State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quin said:

You need to do LaVine + Thad at minimum for money to work.

It'd also take a shit ton of picks, pick swaps, etc. to get close to done.

The good news is you'd have Otto, Sato, and Felicio coming off the books next offseason and only Lauri due for an extension. You'd have room to add a second star to Harden, Lauri, and Wendell as your new core.

That was kind of my point around it - probably not realistic - but my point is - if you can somehow get a star - you go get the star now and hope you lure additional ones in the off-season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Seeing the stories about him campaigning to go to other teams while he was playing against specific teams, I kind of hope he ends up with the Knicks and they stay a perennial train wreck

I'm greasywheels121, and I support the Knicks being in purgatory.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, greasywheels121 said:

I'm greasywheels121, and I support the Knicks being in purgatory.  

Not the post I should have replied to - but Oladipo is an interesting piece.  He's had injury issues but when healthy is a pretty darn good player and the type of guy I think you win with. Good defense, etc.  Not sure how it would play with the Bulls pieces but he's a talent and I don't like making deals with Pacers (they tend to be pretty shrewd).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you. The Oladipo news is troubling. Including his college days, he's been a fan favorite for Indiana. I understand he'll never be paid star $$$ in Indy, but I'm not fully certain he's done enough by league standards to get it in the wallet yet.

I'm White Sox and then Indiana/Indy everything else. However, being plugged into the Chicago sports scene, I'm excited and encouraged to see the direction the Bulls are headed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bulls make QO to Valentine (surprisingly); No QO to Shaq Harrison / Kris Dunn.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pelicans definitely got a lot of value out of trading Nerlens Noel for Jrue Holiday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From NBA.com's Consensus Mock Draft:
 

Quote

No. 11 (Spurs): Patrick Williams (4)

One player who made a big move in this latest update is Patrick Williams out of Florida State, who has been the “big winner of the pre-Draft process” according to ESPN, and John Hollinger even points out a rumor that the Pistons have a “promise” in place for the versatile forward. Even though teams are relying on film and untraditional evaluations, it’s clear players can still boost their stock with good showings between now and Nov. 18. Williams appears in the lottery in all but one of our mocks (Gary Parrish of CBS), but most often to the Spurs at No. 11 (four times).

I feel like if Williams is their target, they can trade back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Quin said:

From NBA.com's Consensus Mock Draft:
 

I feel like if Williams is their target, they can trade back.

But what happens if everyone wants to trade back and nobody wants to trade up?

I really like Williams, and FSU players in general. This was such a screwy college year, and I trust AK's scouting. SGA went 11 right? Where should he have gone? Probably 4-5 in that draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting schism between kevin o'connor having ball fall to 4 and the pretty much chalk ball/edwards/wiseman top three spouted by kc johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for Harden, clearly he’d be the best player in a deal with us but do we want to use our assets for a guy that may have had his peak?  He’s 31. 
 

Lakers traded for AD and he’s 27 right now, they have probably 5-6 years left of him at a monster level. Harden gives us a couple more years at this level which is great, but only if the rest of the team around him was ready (much like Lakers were by pairing LBJ with AD). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Bulls rumored to be talking to Boston about Kemba.

Interesting; I'd move down with Boston and take Kemba. Not sure what they are doing and why they would do it.  Lavine, White, Kemba is probably a unique set of guards too.  At this point - my view is just find a way to get better players....than rely on front office to pivot those better players into stars.  Find a way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Interesting; I'd move down with Boston and take Kemba. Not sure what they are doing and why they would do it.  Lavine, White, Kemba is probably a unique set of guards too.  At this point - my view is just find a way to get better players....than rely on front office to pivot those better players into stars.  Find a way.  

I think that was based on the Celtics trying to get Holiday. That didnt happen so I doubt that the Celtics want to move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soxbadger said:

I think that was based on the Celtics trying to get Holiday. That didnt happen so I doubt that the Celtics want to move. 

There's talks about the Celtics trying for Harden as well.

 

It looks like Donovan played a lot of 3 guard sets with SGA, Paul, and Schroeder all leading the team in minutes. Kemba, Lavine, White could be fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×