AJ Hinch: does it matter to you that he cheated?

Kyyle23

Your opinion  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Does it matter to you that AJ Hinch was the manager of a team that was exposed for cheating, and was fired and banned for a year?

• Yes, absolute deal breaker. I will not follow the team if he is hired
    • Yes, it will bother me a lot. But I will still watch because I love the team
    • Doesn't bother me at all, I really would like if he was hired

The qualifiers that RH stated eliminate just about everyone not named Cora or Hinch.  Who are the available managers with recent postseason success?  My first choice would have been Jirschele but he was already eliminated by the RH remarks.  I think we better get comfortable with Hinch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

The qualifiers that RH stated eliminate just about everyone not named Cora or Hinch.  Who are the available managers with recent postseason success?  My first choice would have been Jirschele but he was already eliminated by the RH remarks.  I think we better get comfortable with Hinch.

He did not limit this to managers.

16 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I'm out of the loop, didn't even know about that

that's hilarious 🤣

I mean, it just goes to show that people fuck up bigtime and fans forget.   If Hinch were hired I wouldn't necessarily be proud, but at the same time Hinch has done pretty well with up and coming teams and I don't think all of that success was directly related to the cheating.

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I mean, it just goes to show that people fuck up bigtime and fans forget.   If Hinch were hired I wouldn't necessarily be proud, but at the same time Hinch has done pretty well with up and coming teams and I don't think all of that success was directly related to the cheating.

You don't remember the hoards of Patriots fans demanding that Robert Kraft vacate the titles won under notorious cheater Bill Belichick?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

You don't remember the hoards of Patriots fans demanding that Robert Kraft vacate the titles won under notorious cheater Bill Belichick?

That's actually a really good example.  Of course, he barely was punished compared to Hinch

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Hiring Hinch would give the Sox a ton of positive attention. It is a headlining signing and one that elevates us to that next level in most people's minds. 

Not sure it would all be positive, but it would certainly bring attention to the Sox.  Not sure where I stand on this because he cheated...actually he cheated that should be enough that nobody should hire him....but someone will, and eventually win it all.

19 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

That's actually a really good example.  Of course, he barely was punished compared to Hinch

Definitely. Most still classify Belichick as the GOAT. None of those Patriots fans give a damn about the cheating. Nobody has ignorea Brady's titles from certain years. Winning cures all. If Hinch signs and wins a championship here, all the self righteous folk will be watching and celebrating just as much as the others.

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I would prefer that this was a reply free poll.  I would just like to see the votes

My vote should be:

Yes, it bothers me somewhat, but I think he is among the most qualified for the job and towards meeting the goal of taking the team to the next level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

As I read Hahn's comments, I think it also could include Alomar as well.  At least, I would hope so.

So, there's this:

Hinch talking shyte while he knew they were cheating

Hinch and his supporters claim it was just "A" mistake, but he knew about the cheating, and was either:

1. Too weak,

2. Complicit,

3. Too stupid to stop it.

All that aside, what proof is there that he or Cora are any good at managing? I mean, without the benefit of rampant cheating?

Also if years and years of being too weak, too complicit, or too stupid to stop the cheating is just "A" mistake, is Ozzie leaving the SOX the way he did also just "A" mistake? Could Ozzie just say "sorry," and all is forgiven?

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

29 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Definitely. Most still classify Belichick as the GOAT. None of those Patriots fans give a damn about the cheating. Nobody has ignorea Brady's titles from certain years. Winning cures all. If Hinch signs and wins a championship here, all the self righteous folk will be watching and celebrating just as much as the others.

Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat

I despise both Brady and Belichick.....and I don't think they're legit. In fact both should have been banned from the sport long ago. 

The "took a OTC supplement and didn't do my homework" excuse for testing positive for roids is more believable than any excuse Hinch and Cora have. 

This is a huge scandal. Its Black Sox level shit. 

If they're not going to lay down the hammer on these groups, then let Pete Rose, Bonds et al in the HOF, posthumously elect 1919 White Sox to the HOF and allow gambling, because they're lying about caring about the integrity of the game. 

I'm ok giving people a second chance, but if baseball has the audacity to keep players like Pete Rose and Barry Bonds out of the HOF, and don't permawhack these guys AND the players involved, then they need to drop the facade and quit pretending they actually care about the integrity of the game. 

Either you care about the integrity of the game or you don't. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, poppysox said:

It was implied.

Actually, it wasnt:

What Hahn said

..."The ideal candidate will be someone who has experience in a championship organization in recent years," Hahn said, per USA TODAY's Bob Nightengale."

That could mean experience as a player, a coach, a manager, a front office person, a mascot, who knows?

it does include two candidates who have no winning bona fides without cheating. But it could also include others as well.

13 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Actually, it wasnt:

What Hahn said

..."The ideal candidate will be someone who has experience in a championship organization in recent years," Hahn said, per USA TODAY's Bob Nightengale."

That could mean experience as a player, a coach, a manager, a front office person, a mascot, who knows?

it does include two candidates who have no winning bona fides without cheating. But it could also include others as well.

He clarified later that he wasn't talking about just managers.

42 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat

I despise both Brady and Belichick.....and I don't think they're legit. In fact both should have been banned from the sport long ago. 

The "took a OTC supplement and didn't do my homework" excuse for testing positive for roids is more believable than any excuse Hinch and Cora have. 

This is a huge scandal. Its Black Sox level shit. 

If they're not going to lay down the hammer on these groups, then let Pete Rose, Bonds et al in the HOF, posthumously elect 1919 White Sox to the HOF and allow gambling, because they're lying about caring about the integrity of the game. 

I'm ok giving people a second chance, but if baseball has the audacity to keep players like Pete Rose and Barry Bonds out of the HOF, and don't permawhack these guys AND the players involved, then they need to drop the facade and quit pretending they actually care about the integrity of the game. 

Either you care about the integrity of the game or you don't. 

What about Dallas? He was a leader on the team and complicit with it. Did you not want him on the White Sox?

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

• Tony unpinned this topic