AJ Hinch: does it matter to you that he cheated?

Kyyle23

Your opinion  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Does it matter to you that AJ Hinch was the manager of a team that was exposed for cheating, and was fired and banned for a year?

• Yes, absolute deal breaker. I will not follow the team if he is hired
    • Yes, it will bother me a lot. But I will still watch because I love the team
    • Doesn't bother me at all, I really would like if he was hired

6 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

I think something needs to be said about the MLB investigation and giving immunity to the players was essentially MADE to throw Hinch under the bus.

I'm not defending him in the slightest but it was the players that cheated and got away with it!

The players didn't orchestrate it, that came from coaching and management. The players didn't face the penalties because it would a nightmare labor issue. 

6 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

The players didn't orchestrate it, that came from coaching and management. The players didn't face the penalties because it would a nightmare labor issue. 

Well Cora was the mastermind/architect behind it but the players were the ones that performed the acts.

Edited by maloney.adam

47 minutes ago, Quin said:

That is chilling.  I had no idea about, but yes, I would rather see the Sox move on from Boston.  If that is even partially kind of true, it is not something the team should be associated with.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

If a coach tells his player to take PED's, that player is getting suspended. Some players said no and others said yes. Players should have been suspended as well. 

• Like 2

Those 3 options don't cover everything so I didn't vote. I prefer he not be hired but I don't care enough for it to affect my rooting interest.

I'd take a look at people from Tampa Bay very closely. The same old names get thrown around so how about Matt Quataro bench coach of the Rays. Maybe he can bring along Dewey Robinson the minor league pitching coordinator of the Rays or Kyle Snyder the pitching coach.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Tony said:

This is what happens to your brain when you don't watch any White Sox baseball, as you yourself admitted yesterday. 

Managerial decisions play a HUGE role, as we saw over and over and over again this season (Well, we saw it....you didn't.) 

So salty lol. There's nothing my eyes can tell me that analytics can't, right? I "saw" 2 good starters and mix of has been's, never were's and prospects that couldn't find the zone along with a bullpen that greatly over achieved - something I would never count on repeating. People can blame Renteria, I never cared for him, but the team will go as far as the pitching will take them. They'll out-hit most teams all year. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

5 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

So salty lol. There's nothing my eyes can tell me that analytics can't, right? I "saw" 2 good starters and mix of has been's, never were's and prospects that couldn't find the zone along with a bullpen that greatly over achieved - something I would never count on repeating. People can blame Renteria, I never cared for him, but the team will goes as far as the pitching will take them. They'll out-hit most teams all year. 

Again, thought you didn't watch any games?

Either way, yes, the players themselves have to perform but the manager has to have some accountability. When you on numerous occasions put guys out there who have worked numerous innings recently while your most rested (and in some cases also BEST) guys continue to sit, you have to share some of the blame.

The downplaying some do of the importance of all the (many basic) decisions managers have to make that impact the game is criminal. 

Edited by KonerkoFan1

3 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Again, thought you didn't watch any games?

Either way, yes, the players themselves have to perform but the manager has to have some accountability. When you on numerous occasions put guys out there who have worked numerous innings recently while your most rested (and in some cases also BEST) guys continue to sit, you have to share some of the blame.

Absolutely. I have no problem with Renteria being fired. Managers are accountable. No manager is worth the distraction of Hinch though. And that's not even considering that he took cheating to levels we haven't seen in a century. 

Also, I boycotted games this year because of Covid. I thought playing was irresponsible and risking injuries wasn't worth a fake season. Just a personal stance. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

I just feel Hinch is not so great Sox MUST have him. Why subject the team and fans to having to defend having a cheater coach as manager? Team is too good. Sox can get a great manager. Hinch is not Casey Stengel. He is not Tommy Lasorda. He's a champion sure but Sox don't need to go there. I don't care if they do, I won't boycott, but cmon. Why do the Sox have to get Hinch or Cora? Cmon they can do better on a moral scale so to speak. True he didn't break the law or anything but hire somebody else. Sox have a dynasty brewing, why taint it??

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Absolutely. I have no problem with Renteria being fired. Managers are accountable. No manager is worth the distraction of Hinch though. And that's not even considering that he took cheating to levels we haven't seen in a century. 

Dude, you already lost this argument so you really should sit this out.

There's still so many questions on the subject you failed to answer yesterday so you really have no room to speak on this issue anymore. 

Sorry some of us don't follow your completely arbitrary and undefined scale of what is forgivable and what isn't. 

2 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Dude, you already lost this argument so you really should sit this out.

There's still so many questions on the subject you failed to answer yesterday so you really have no room to speak on this issue anymore. 

Sorry some of us don't follow your completely arbitrary and undefined scale of what is forgivable and what isn't. 

Sorry, you're not the arbiter of who gets to speak. As I said, your entire position was so dumb it wasn't worth entertaining. No society or organization has ever been built on an absolute set of rules that stupid. 

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Sorry, you're not the arbiter of who gets to speak. As I said, your entire position was so dumb it wasn't worth entertaining. No society or organization has ever been built on an absolute set of rules that stupid. 

There you go again. Yeah, it was so dumb that you couldn't explain why.

Again, you call people dumb and illogical and then when called on to explain yourself, support your points and present the logic and claim that is missing from other people, you failed to answer any question posed to you and simply disappeared from the argument. That means you lost the argument.

You couldn't back up a single word you said so you got passive and softened your stance, threw up the opinion excuse and disappeared. Sorry, but I'm not an idiot so I see right through that. 

If you can't even Define what it is you say someone else is missing and you people be talking about it.

Again I'm going to ask you to show us some data or chart or something that specifies what is forgivable and what isn't. But you'll fail to because it's completely arbitrary and it means nothing. (It's really not possible to back up such silliness and we know it)

You're the one who failed to answer any questions. Therefore you obviously can't back up what you say and makes your argument invalid. Period. You say it's not worth entertaining because you have nothing to counter with. If you have the answers to the questions, you would have provided them. I'm not the only one who was grilling you that you failed to respond to.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

That is chilling.  I had no idea about, but yes, I would rather see the Sox move on from Boston.  If that is even partially kind of true, it is not something the team should be associated with.

What a horribly awful story. “In the summer of 2012, she died by suicide.”

I hope we never see Boston again.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

There you go again. Yeah, it was so dumb that you couldn't explain why.

Again, you call people dumb and illogical and then when called on to explain yourself, support your points and present the logic and claim that is missing from other people, you failed to answer any question posed to you and simply disappeared from the argument. That means you lost the argument.

You couldn't back up a single word you said so you got passive and softened your stance, threw up the opinion excuse and disappeared. Sorry, but I'm not an idiot so I see right through that. 

If you can't even Define what it is you say someone else is missing and you people be talking about it.

Again I'm going to ask you to show us some data or chart or something that specifies what is forgivable and what isn't. But you'll fail to because it's completely arbitrary and it means nothing. (It's really not possible to back up such silliness and we know it)

You're the one who failed to answer any questions. Therefore you obviously can't back up what you say and makes your argument invalid. Period. You say it's not worth entertaining because you have nothing to counter with. If you have the answers to the questions, you would have provided them. I'm not the only one who was grilling you that you failed to respond to.

Very succinct of you. I'll try. 

Penalties are subject to the severity of the offense. I'm of the opinion that Hinch's offense deserved a lifetime ban. /conversation 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Very succinct of you. I'll try. 

Penalties are subject to the severity of the offense. I'm of the opinion that Hinch's offense deserved a lifetime ban. /conversation 

Except penalties have nothing to do with the point. Someone having been penalized has nothing to do with Integrity based on hiring them.

You have yet to Define what is forgivable enough to hire or recruit and what is not.

You've still answered absolutely nothing.

"/conversation" = I still can't back up anything I say.

The next time you have the nerve to call someone dumb and illogical you better damn well be able to explain logic to that person. Your words carry no weight whatsoever.

i am hopeful that the new regime will bring more analytics and instrumentation like pitch design using technology instead of using your eyes.  I would like to see a uniform direction on a "white sox" way being instituted across the entire landscape of the organization.  We have the talent.   Lets get the most of of them.  I want someone who is seasoned and knows how to do this at the MLB level.  Not anyone learning on the job.  

Edited by southsideirish71

2 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Except penalties have nothing to do with the point. Someone having been penalized has nothing to do with Integrity based on hiring them.

You have yet to Define what is forgivable enough to hire or recruit and what is not.

You've still answered absolutely nothing.

"/conversation" = I still can't back up anything I say.

The next time you have the nerve to call someone dumb and illogical you better damn well be able to explain logic to that person. Your words carry no weight whatsoever.

I didn't call you dumb. I called your position, as I understand it, dumb. The next time a manager spends several years developing an advanced system to steal signs, I hope they're banned. If they aren't, I would hope my team would want nothing to do with them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tony said:

They've been doing this now for the last couple of years, but it seemingly has been catching up to everyone else in the league. Yesterday was a BIG step in the right direction. 

I agree.  Its an exciting time.   To me the cooper move says more about the direction than Renteria.  

7 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

outside of Mike Trout or even Mookie (and even then it's not very wise) I wouldn't let 1 player dictate the choice of manager.

It wouldn't be the worse thing to get a bad boy edge. Time to overtake Minny in the ALC and beyond. 

I agree with you.  Don't ask players to pick the boss.  Some of the best managers in history were in your face guys who were not trying to buddy up with the players.  We all have credited RR with his friendly clubhouse, etc.  Maybe a stronger hand will get better results.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I didn't call you dumb. I called your position, as I understand it, dumb. The next time a manager spends several years developing an advanced system to steal signs, I hope they're banned. If they aren't, I would hope my team would want nothing to do with them. 

I don't care what you think about my position or what you hoped for. That's not the point. The point is you have your to support your argument or position with literally anything.

Can't call someone else's position dumb when you can't even support your own.

You cannot call a position illogical without being able to explain logic.

You cannot refuse to answer endless questions from all sides yet feel your argument is correct. If you had a solid grip on your own argument you'd be able to explain it.

You said that my position was so dumb it's not even worth the time. Yet you continue to respond to me. Again, I'm not stupid so I see through your BS. You refuse to "entertain" it because you don't have the ability or the insight.

"/ discussion."

7 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

I don't care what you think about my position or what you hoped for. That's not the point. The point is you have your to support your argument or position with literally anything.

Can't call someone else's position dumb when you can't even support your own.

You cannot call a position illogical without being able to explain logic.

You cannot refuse to answer endless questions from all sides yet feel your argument is correct. If you had a solid grip on your own argument you'd be able to explain it.

You said that my position was so dumb it's not even worth the time. Yet you continue to respond to me. Again, I'm not stupid so I see through your BS. You refuse to "entertain" it because you don't have the ability or the insight.

"/ discussion."

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't finished a single one of your posts. It's 2020, try to be more succinct. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Tony unpinned this topic