AJ Hinch: does it matter to you that he cheated?

Kyyle23

Your opinion  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Does it matter to you that AJ Hinch was the manager of a team that was exposed for cheating, and was fired and banned for a year?

• Yes, absolute deal breaker. I will not follow the team if he is hired
    • Yes, it will bother me a lot. But I will still watch because I love the team
    • Doesn't bother me at all, I really would like if he was hired

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't finished a single one of your posts. It's 2020, try to be more succinct. 🤣

So you can't back up your arguments, can't support your points, can't explain yourself at all... and now you are basically admitting you're not even reading the posts you're responding to fully?

So basically you're a troll. 

Not sure what "2020" or "succint" has to do with YOUR complete failure to support your arguments with anything. 

But good to know you're just a troll who should probably be avoided.

Again, if you can't even answer basic question posed to you, then you obviously don't have the answers and therefore your opinion/argument is literally meaningless. You failed to support anything because you don't have the ability to.

Edited by KonerkoFan1
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

I think they are using Bob with LaRussa to keep Hinch’s asking price down a bit. 

LaRussa? You have got to be bleeping me. It is scary they send Coop packing, is that to make room for Dave Duncan?

If, for some reason this happens, they are going to have to fire Hahn and hire Hawk to be the GM, so someone can do the right thing and fire LaRussa.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't finished a single one of your posts. It's 2020, try to be more succinct. 🤣

For someone with so much “integrity”, you sure are one condescending dick.  But it’s always good to have you stop by and let us know how dumb, immoral, and/or weird we all are.

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

For someone with so much “integrity”, you sure are one condescending dick.  But it’s always good to have you stop by and let us know how dumb, immoral, and/or weird we all are.

I wouldn't necessarily call it condescending, but being a troll. And being condescending is... well, dumb... when you can't even support your own positions.

Is anybody on here rooting for the Astros in this series?  I didn’t think so. This scandal will have legs. The fans were absent this year but you’ll hear the boos next season. Our fans don’t deserve this baggage, especially with Bochy available out there. 

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

I would like to know if Hahn questioned RR about continuing to put Mazara and EE in the line-up after they continued to fail.   At some point a GM should alert a Manager when he sees a player or the team heading in the wrong direction. Instead Hahn waited to see how  everything would work out (including Mazara, EE, Rodon, Csishek, etc) , and when it didn't , he  laid  all the blame on RR and Coop.  That is what most bosses do to their subordinates, but  it doesn't always make it right.

3 hours ago, tray said:

I would like to know if Hahn questioned RR about continuing to put Mazara and EE in the line-up after they continued to fail.   At some point a GM should alert a Manager when he sees a player or the team heading in the wrong direction. Instead Hahn waited to see how  everything would work out (including Mazara, EE, Rodon, Csishek, etc) , and when it didn't , he  laid  all the blame on RR and Coop.  That is what most bosses do to their subordinates, but  it doesn't always make it right.

Where do you come up with this stuff?  Like I’m seriously starting to think you might be Rick Renteria as you are the only person distraught over this move.

15 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

That is chilling.  I had no idea about, but yes, I would rather see the Sox move on from Boston.  If that is even partially kind of true, it is not something the team should be associated with.

Guaranteed Rate isn't the only GR around here.

4 hours ago, tray said:

You are saying that a gm should meddle with lineups and moves?  Interesting

14 hours ago, poppysox said:

I agree with you.  Don't ask players to pick the boss.  Some of the best managers in history were in your face guys who were not trying to buddy up with the players.  We all have credited RR with his friendly clubhouse, etc.  Maybe a stronger hand will get better results.

Not sure you can assume that. Do  Kevin Cash and Dusty Baker rule w a stronger hand?  Terry Francona  ran very friendly clubhouses and was famous for having  daily card games w his players.  I think each clubhouse make-up is unique and good managers adapt to being friendly or having a strong hand depending on the situation. 

5 hours ago, tray said:

It isn't RH's job to set a lineup or make calls to the pen. That's literally what Ricky was hired to do. RH gave Ricky the rope and Ricky hung himself with it. He proved time after time that he wasn't capable of being an effective in-game manager so the front office (correctly) made the decision to move on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

What if the Dodgers decide to move on from Dave Roberts? Not saying they would and their current series isn’t over (down 2-0) but I wonder at what point Dodgers look for a fresh voice in dugout regardless of how good Roberts is. 

These were my thoughts while watching that game last night. If anything, the Dodgers will become competition for the White Sox to land Hinch.

I'd love it if LA got Hinch and we got Roberts.

3 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

These were my thoughts while watching that game last night. If anything, the Dodgers will become competition for the White Sox to land Hinch.

Why?

8 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

If Roberts can't win with the Dodgers roster, I don't know how you would expect him to win with the White Sox roster.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

When did I claim to have integrity? I'm talking about any team that hires Hinch or Cora. One of the things baseball has done somewhat well is police itself when the league fails to. I'm sure the Red Sox would hire one of them. I don't want to be the Red Sox. 

30 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I can’t see the Dodgers bringing in someone who “cheated” them out of a WS

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Perhaps. But how do we know his teams would have been good without the cheating?

We DO know that Hinch has a sh!tty .420 win % without cheating.

There are plenty of managers that had shitty winning percentages before they finally got a good team.   Joe Torre had some less than fun stops with the cardinals and mets before he was granted the Yankees unlimited spending in the 90s.

It's hard for me to quantify how much the cheating affected the wins for the astros, it definitely affected it but to what degree?  The team was and remains competitive, although I think this season was extremely strange and hard to judge what effect the cheating had on the team.  I certainly don't think less of your opinion of him, because neither of us really know what was happening the entire time.

like I said before, a move like this certainly isn't one to brag or be proud about, but I feel he is a good manager based on how he handled his team, his bullpen, in game moves, how hard his players played for him.  A lot of this is anecdotal on my part, but I'm no astros fan so I can only judge what I have seen

DR kind of reminds me of RR except DR has a better winning percentage and more experience in the postseason obviously. I still wouldn’t hire him though because the past few years he hasn’t won a WS title with the stacked teams he has had. So what makes you think he will win a WS title with the Sox? Doesn’t make sense to fire RR and replace him with someone who hasn’t won a WS title. Pass.

Edited by maloney.adam

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

DR kind of reminds me of RR except DR has a better winning percentage and more experience in the postseason obviously. I still wouldn’t hire him though because the past few years he hasn’t won a WS title with the stacked teams he has had. So what makes you think he will win a WS title with the Sox? Doesnt make sense to fire RR and replace him with someone who hasnt won a WS title. Pass.

Umm... that's just a little silly.

Edited by KonerkoFan1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Umm... that's just a little silly.

Sorry, can you please explain? I don’t know if your for the post or against it? What I meant by it, is why would they hire someone who hasn’t lead a stacked team the past few years to a WS title and think he would lead the Sox to a WS title when we just fired someone who couldn’t lead them to a championship. I don’t know maybe I’m misunderstanding your response. 🤔

Edited by maloney.adam

7 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Can you explain? Sorry, I don’t know if your for the post or against it? What I meant by the post is why would they hire someone who hasn’t lead a stacked team the past few years to a WS title. I don’t know maybe I’m misunderstanding your response. 🤔

Pretty cut and dry. I think suggesting you HAVE to get a manager who has won a WS is silly, especially when you're contrasting with someone who was terrible. Granted, the guy I want the Sox to get right now has one under his belt, but... well... there admittedly is an asterisk, lol. 

Edited by KonerkoFan1

12 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Pretty cut and dry. I think suggesting you HAVE to get a manager who has win a WS is silly. Granted, the guy I want the Sox to get right now has one under his belt, but... well... there admittedly is an asterisk, lol. 

Well you are correct, that does sound a little silly. However, my preference would be someone that has lead a team to a championship but postseason experience is a huge plus for me. We shall see. 😉

Edited by maloney.adam

• Tony unpinned this topic