AJ Hinch: does it matter to you that he cheated?

Kyyle23

Your opinion  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Does it matter to you that AJ Hinch was the manager of a team that was exposed for cheating, and was fired and banned for a year?

• Yes, absolute deal breaker. I will not follow the team if he is hired
    • Yes, it will bother me a lot. But I will still watch because I love the team
    • Doesn't bother me at all, I really would like if he was hired

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Last time I heard this phrase, it resulted in a man being locked away in solitary for a month.   

You shut up, or I'll pull you out of that one bunk Hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. You'll think you've been fucked by a train.

Edited by KonerkoFan1
Movie references FTW
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The cheating Astros are brought up in a Supreme Court confirmation hearing but sure bring in the assbag ring leader to manage the White Sox.  

The "assbag ring leader" was Cora, as evidenced by Boston also getting busted while he was there. Hinch found out about it, destroyed the monitor on more than one occasion, and supposedly notified higher-ups in the organization.

He didn't shut it all the way down, and that's on him. But you're acting like he's Lex Luthor and masterminded the entire operation.

Edited by oneofthemikes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He was the ring leader and continuously lied about it then threw Cora under the bus because he's a little b****.  

This is my biggest concern.  It’s one thing to cheat and get caught, it’s another thing to blame the bench coach as the ring leader if that’s what actually happened.  His “I tried to stop it but couldn’t” is at least part bullshit or Cora was the defacto manager.  If Hahn is serious about him as a candidate, he needs to question him hard ok this subject because his story is sketchy as fuck.

• Like 1

He's a weiner for not correcting and purging the problem. Leaders are hired for having good judgment and he failed at it. Instead he got exposed by a Sox pitcher with an aneurysm. Leaders know the gig will get exposed and get ahead of the problem. We live in a corrupt environment and people seem to have lost their way. Not surprising. In my world these guys sit for three years before I would hire them to scout in Alaska. 

12 minutes ago, pcq said:

He's a weiner for not correcting and purging the problem. Leaders are hired for having good judgment and he failed at it. Instead he got exposed by a Sox pitcher with an aneurysm. Leaders know the gig will get exposed and get ahead of the problem. We live in a corrupt environment and people seem to have lost their way. Not surprising. In my world these guys sit for three years before I would hire them to scout in Alaska. 

What is he supposed to do if the people above him want it done that way?

• Like 1

Jim Crane, the owner of the Astros, did not have to fire Hinch when he did earlier this year as MLB already punished Hinch with the suspension, but he did anyway.

He said he wanted to have “higher standards for the city and the franchise”. 

Shouldn’t Jerry Reinsdorf have similar standards for the city of Chicago and his White Sox franchise?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thad Bosley said:

Jim Crane, the owner of the Astros, did not have to fire Hinch when he did earlier this year as MLB already punished Hinch with the suspension, but he did anyway.

He said he wanted to have “higher standards for the city and the franchise”. 

Shouldn’t Jerry Reinsdorf have similar standards for the city of Chicago and his White Sox franchise?  

Notice he didn't get of any players, right?  You know he brought in Roberto Osuna right after the whole wife beating thing happened.  

Spare me the idea that somehow Houston has some sort of standards that the White Sox don't.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Notice he didn't get of any players, right?  You know he brought in Roberto Osuna right after the whole wife beating thing happened.  

Spare me the idea that somehow Houston has some sort of standards that the White Sox don't.

Oh, at the end of the day I don’t think they do, because I find it hard to believe Crane was not in the know at all that the cheating was going on.  

Nevertheless, he removed the optics of the organization somehow being ok with employing cheaters by getting rid of Hinch.  And now less than a year removed from Houston letting him go, the Sox want to bring him on. 

Too soon?

5 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

Oh, at the end of the day I don’t think they do, because I find it hard to believe Crane was not in the know at all that the cheating was going on.  

Nevertheless, he removed the optics of the organization somehow being ok with employing cheaters by getting rid of Hinch.  And now less than a year removed from Houston letting him go, the Sox want to bring him on. 

Too soon?

He didn't though. He lied to everyone.  He kept Correa, Altuve, Springer,  Berkman etc  He is employing a team full of cheaters. The only one he got rid of was the guy who wasn't allowed to work. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He didn't though. He lied to everyone.  He kept Correa, Altuve, Springer,  Berkman etc  He is employing a team full of cheaters. The only one he got rid of was the guy who wasn't allowed to work. 

And let's be honest, it's much easier to send the manager packing rather than getting rid of your entire starting lineup.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:15 PM, Dam8610 said:

All cheaters should be banned from their sport, especially if they won a championship while cheating. I would hate Hinch and love the team.

Things are seldom just black or white.  Many shades of gray IMO.

So with Hinch, was he once-upon-a-time thought to be this super, up-and-coming managerial talent that, despite the cheating episode, he is the envy of Rick Hahn?  I’m trying to understand why the Sox or any team would be interested in him at all given the seriousness of the cheating scandal. 

1 minute ago, Thad Bosley said:

So with Hinch, was he once-upon-a-time thought to be this super, up-and-coming managerial talent that, despite the cheating episode, he is the envy of Rick Hahn?  I’m trying to understand why the Sox or any team would be interested in him at all given the seriousness of the cheating scandal. 

So you expect all teams to not sign players that have used PEDs? They cheated after all.

It's simple. The number 1 job of a team is to win. Teams regularly sign roiders. NFL teams even sign players who are guilty of beating their significant others and kids. 

On 10/15/2020 at 4:25 PM, southsider2k5 said:

What'd Berkman have to do with anything?  Isn't he coaching in college somewhere?  Say it aint so Big Puma/ Fat Elvis!

Edited by turnin' two