Sign in to follow this  
Kyyle23

AJ Hinch: does it matter to you that he cheated?

Your opinion  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Does it matter to you that AJ Hinch was the manager of a team that was exposed for cheating, and was fired and banned for a year?

• Yes, absolute deal breaker. I will not follow the team if he is hired
    • Yes, it will bother me a lot. But I will still watch because I love the team
    • Doesn't bother me at all, I really would like if he was hired

I think about how a lot of the guys on the roster who've been there for years under Renteria are going to feel about the front office firing their manager and bringing in the new guy's (Keuchel) manager. How is that going to impact the culture? Keuchel wasn't even there a full year and criticized some of the players. Maybe there will be some resentment towards Keuchel and Hinch. 

6 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I think about how a lot of the guys on the roster who've been there for years under Renteria are going to feel about the front office firing their manager and bringing in the new guy's (Keuchel) manager. How is that going to impact the culture? Keuchel wasn't even there a full year and criticized some of the players. Maybe there will be some resentment towards Keuchel and Hinch. 

I think some of them need a little kick in the ass

• Fire 3

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think some of them need a little kick in the ass

I don't think Hinch is the guy to do that. It's been said that he didn't have control of the clubhouse in Houston.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

It's been said that he didn't have control of the clubhouse in Houston.

Ya think? 😆

58 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I think some of the players themselves were probably dumbfounded by some of Ricky’s decisions.  That is a guess, but I believe some have to feel that way.  They care about winning and see zero problems on the horizon from whoever the Sox would choose.  Having resentments or anger does nothing fur the team, and these guys are roundly team players and will be all in.  

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Last time I heard this phrase, it resulted in a man being locked away in solitary for a month.   

You shut up, or I'll pull you out of that one bunk Hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. You'll think you've been fucked by a train.

Edited by KonerkoFan1
Movie references FTW
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The cheating Astros are brought up in a Supreme Court confirmation hearing but sure bring in the assbag ring leader to manage the White Sox.  

The "assbag ring leader" was Cora, as evidenced by Boston also getting busted while he was there. Hinch found out about it, destroyed the monitor on more than one occasion, and supposedly notified higher-ups in the organization.

He didn't shut it all the way down, and that's on him. But you're acting like he's Lex Luthor and masterminded the entire operation.

Edited by oneofthemikes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He was the ring leader and continuously lied about it then threw Cora under the bus because he's a little b****.  

This is my biggest concern.  It’s one thing to cheat and get caught, it’s another thing to blame the bench coach as the ring leader if that’s what actually happened.  His “I tried to stop it but couldn’t” is at least part bullshit or Cora was the defacto manager.  If Hahn is serious about him as a candidate, he needs to question him hard ok this subject because his story is sketchy as fuck.

• Like 1

He's a weiner for not correcting and purging the problem. Leaders are hired for having good judgment and he failed at it. Instead he got exposed by a Sox pitcher with an aneurysm. Leaders know the gig will get exposed and get ahead of the problem. We live in a corrupt environment and people seem to have lost their way. Not surprising. In my world these guys sit for three years before I would hire them to scout in Alaska. 

I think an option should be added to this poll: Yes it will bother me, but I don't want Tony La Russa to manage this team.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pcq said:

He's a weiner for not correcting and purging the problem. Leaders are hired for having good judgment and he failed at it. Instead he got exposed by a Sox pitcher with an aneurysm. Leaders know the gig will get exposed and get ahead of the problem. We live in a corrupt environment and people seem to have lost their way. Not surprising. In my world these guys sit for three years before I would hire them to scout in Alaska. 

What is he supposed to do if the people above him want it done that way?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He was the ring leader and continuously lied about it then threw Cora under the bus because he's a little b****.  

This is totally possible. 

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Not being a smug condescending shitbag when questioned about it is a good place to start.  

All cheaters should be banned from their sport, especially if they won a championship while cheating. I would hate Hinch and love the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox1917 said:

If you aint cheating, you aint trying

If you ain’t first, you’re last. 

• Like 1

Jim Crane, the owner of the Astros, did not have to fire Hinch when he did earlier this year as MLB already punished Hinch with the suspension, but he did anyway.

He said he wanted to have “higher standards for the city and the franchise”. 

Shouldn’t Jerry Reinsdorf have similar standards for the city of Chicago and his White Sox franchise?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

Shouldn’t Jerry Reinsdorf have similar standards for the city of Chicago and his White Sox franchise?  

Nah.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Thad Bosley said:

Jim Crane, the owner of the Astros, did not have to fire Hinch when he did earlier this year as MLB already punished Hinch with the suspension, but he did anyway.

He said he wanted to have “higher standards for the city and the franchise”. 

Notice he didn't get of any players, right?  You know he brought in Roberto Osuna right after the whole wife beating thing happened.  

Spare me the idea that somehow Houston has some sort of standards that the White Sox don't.