Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kyyle23

AJ Hinch: does it matter to you that he cheated?

Your opinion  

195 members have voted

  1. 1. Does it matter to you that AJ Hinch was the manager of a team that was exposed for cheating, and was fired and banned for a year?

    • Yes, absolute deal breaker. I will not follow the team if he is hired
      9
    • Yes, it will bother me a lot. But I will still watch because I love the team
      86
    • Doesn't bother me at all, I really would like if he was hired
      100


Recommended Posts

I would prefer that this was a reply free poll.  I would just like to see the votes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll watch the team. But the guy is absolutely trash. The video I just posted in the other thread. He lied about cheating for well over a year since the rumors were coming out. Insulted and treated people asking him questions about it like it was a joke. Then when it was all said and done when he got caught he acted like the players just ran over him. He was just so overpowered he couldn't stop it. Fuck this guy. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'll watch the team. But the guy is absolutely trash. The video I just posted in the other thread. He lied about cheating for well over a year since the rumors were coming out. Insulted and treated people asking him questions about it like it was a joke. Then when it was all said and done when he got caught he acted like the players just ran over him. He was just so overpowered he couldn't stop it. Fuck this guy. 

Exactly.  Great manager my ass.  Fuck this shitbag running.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I care but I don't think I care enough for it to bother me if he's the best man for the job, I just want a good manager and for the Sox to win a lot of games.

  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

IDGAF.  Hire the best people.  Once he's served his penance he's good to go IMO.

I don't see -- cheating aside -- any indications that this guy is the best man for the job.  He was canned in AZ and while he won, he won with a team that anyone could have won with.

It's not like he's a Joe Maddon type or a Davey Martinez type.  He's a guy who made a quick transition to manager and really was just starting to establish himself when the cheating scandal occurred, and showed the world that 1) he has no spine; and 2) he couldn't control his own clubhouse.

I'm really not sure why Stone is so impressed with this guy.  I'm going to guess he just knows some stuff and think the Sox will make a quick hire, and that Hinch is probably going to get a quick offer.  Maybe Stone thinks the Sox will have to make a quick offer in order to stop him from going to Detroit.  If so, I say fuck him, let him go to Detroit.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want everyone who is voting "absolute deal breaker. will not follow the team if he is hired" to name themselves in this thread and actually leave the board when he's hired in a couple of weeks. Thanks.

  • Like 3
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I don't see -- cheating aside -- any indications that this guy is the best man for the job.  He was canned in AZ and while he won, he won with a team that anyone could have won with.

It's not like he's a Joe Maddon type or a Davey Martinez type.  He's a guy who made a quick transition to manager and really was just starting to establish himself when the cheating scandal occurred, and showed the world that 1) he has no spine; and 2) he couldn't control his own clubhouse.

I'm really not sure why Stone is so impressed with this guy.  I'm going to guess he just knows some stuff and think the Sox will make a quick hire, and that Hinch is probably going to get a quick offer.  Maybe Stone thinks the Sox will have to make a quick offer in order to stop him from going to Detroit.  If so, I say fuck him, let him go to Detroit.

I just don't know enough about him to really have a strong opinion but if the Astros hired him he must be doing something right.  I'm still on the Girardi train I've been on it since he was let go in NY.  I really think it's time for an ass kicker as the manager.  Joe makes some bad in game decisions but he's not nearly as bad as Renteria and clubhouse wise I think the team is ready for a manager that is a bit of a hardass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll have mixed feelings about it just because I think his inability to stop his team from cheating despite “wanting to” is absolute bullshit.  That being said, I need to do more research on his actual abilities in the dugout before I make too strong of an option.  I’m not against second chances, but blaming Alex Cora for the entire situation is either a lie or signs of a manager who couldn’t control his clubhouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My poll choice isn’t offered but the middle one closest reflects it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I want everyone who is voting "absolute deal breaker. will not follow the team if he is hired" to name themselves in this thread and actually leave the board when he's hired in a couple of weeks. Thanks.

If we enforced this, we'd have to ban @Chicago White Sox and leave him with nothing but hot chicken.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I don't see -- cheating aside -- any indications that this guy is the best man for the job.  He was canned in AZ and while he won, he won with a team that anyone could have won with.

It's not like he's a Joe Maddon type or a Davey Martinez type.  He's a guy who made a quick transition to manager and really was just starting to establish himself when the cheating scandal occurred, and showed the world that 1) he has no spine; and 2) he couldn't control his own clubhouse.

I'm really not sure why Stone is so impressed with this guy.  I'm going to guess he just knows some stuff and think the Sox will make a quick hire, and that Hinch is probably going to get a quick offer.  Maybe Stone thinks the Sox will have to make a quick offer in order to stop him from going to Detroit.  If so, I say fuck him, let him go to Detroit.

Stone was also really impressed with Rudy Jaramillo when the Cubs hired him. That didn’t last long, and no one wanted him after that. 
 

If it is Hinch fine. But I don’t think that guarantees the Sox 105 wins. I also think the cheating stuff is going to hang around him. But as long as he can run a bullpen, it will be an improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say no to hinch. If he couldn't put a stop to it then he has no control over his team. Don't need the negative attention

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Here’s the thing, a mistake is letting it happen once.Letting it happen over multiple seasons isn’t A mistake.

There is a big difference between a mistake and high level sophisticated cheating. AJ Hinch cheated for sure and deserves to be shamed for it. However, that shaming comes to an end this season and then it is time to move on. He should be a strong candidate for our job as he was a top 3 manager in all of baseball when he got fired. Granted, the Astros had a lot of talent, but so do we. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I just don't know enough about him to really have a strong opinion but if the Astros hired him he must be doing something right.  I'm still on the Girardi train I've been on it since he was let go in NY.  I really think it's time for an ass kicker as the manager.  Joe makes some bad in game decisions but he's not nearly as bad as Renteria and clubhouse wise I think the team is ready for a manager that is a bit of a hardass.

I'd love Girardi.  I thought he was one of the most respectful managers in baseball and definitely respectable himself and he kept a tight ship.  He is a guy who has "made mistakes" purely on the field, and has apologized for them and admitted them.  But he lives baseball and I would be definitely on board with that.

The Phillies rebuild basically never ended.  It just kind of paused and went to contention and now they're at a point where it's like they should continue their rebuilding process but without a guy like Sixto.  Their owner is a big meddler also.  Maybe we can send them Ruiz and Flores in a deal for Girardi.  Both are on the roster bubble and is a better deal than what we got in return for Ozzie.  Obviously the Phillies only make that move if they think they would be better off without Girardi but again, their owner is a meddler, so maybe there would be a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Say no to hinch. If he couldn't put a stop to it then he has no control over his team. Don't need the negative attention

Hiring Hinch would give the Sox a ton of positive attention. It is a headlining signing and one that elevates us to that next level in most people's minds. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Love me some Nashville hot chicken!

Congrats on the new title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I'd love Girardi.  I thought he was one of the most respectful managers in baseball and definitely respectable himself and he kept a tight ship.  He is a guy who has "made mistakes" purely on the field, and has apologized for them and admitted them.  But he lives baseball and I would be definitely on board with that.

The Phillies rebuild basically never ended.  It just kind of paused and went to contention and now they're at a point where it's like they should continue their rebuilding process but without a guy like Sixto.  Their owner is a big meddler also.  Maybe we can send them Ruiz and Flores in a deal for Girardi.  Both are on the roster bubble and is a better deal than what we got in return for Ozzie.  Obviously the Phillies only make that move if they think they would be better off without Girardi but again, their owner is a meddler, so maybe there would be a chance.

Their owner is a "meddler" so maybe they'd be open to trading their extremely well respected manager of 1 year for some trash. Yes, I hear you and I'm with you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×