Tony La Russa

jaws7575

4 hours ago, default said:

You’re like a gnat at a barbecue.

Sorry I hold people to what they say? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you don't, it kinda defeats the point of an argument. 

Everyone wants to express their thoughts but no one wants to be wrong. The lack of answers to my questions and subsequent disappearances says everything; your empty, pithy response falls in the same line.

I care about making points, not quips for the sake of amusement or admiration. 

Someone might call this "pedantic" but again, if you can't call someone out for obvious falsehoods then what's the point of arguing in a forum in the first place?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Yeah I just don't agree with this. The game 3 plan was perfectly fine. Crochet got hurt and they panicked. If Crochet doesn't get hurt, I think they win that game. Jerry has been holding back the franchise forever though so nothing would surprise me. 

I love Crochet as much as anyone but trusting a guy with 6 professional innings in an elimiantion playoff game is not a good plan.  And game 3 was just the straw that broke the camels back.  There were lots of bad decisions leading up to that.  

• Like 1

I do think Hinch is a little overrated. Not because of the cheating, but he didn't move the needle in Arizona at all. Also, the more I think of it, I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger penalty to Houston. I just remembered their FO was caught hacking into the Cardinals' system a few years back as well. To me I would've given them a 3 year postseason ban, take some picks.

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I just don't understand the point. From what I know, AJ Hinch is the manager Hahn wants. So this scenario would be like a Joe Espada or something? Why would La Russa manage for one year? It's a dumb idea. 

Not really. Rick Hahn could work anywhere. Why would he work in a place where he wasn't able to make the decision? If Tony La Russa is the next manager of the White Sox, it's 100% a Jerry Reinsdorf. If that's the case, Jerry's old ass should just run the team day to day as well. 

Barf. La Russa also likes to tell black players how they should feel and where they should sit before games. Bringing this dinosaur in to manage this particular team is idiotic. It could ultimately be fine because managers are overrated in general but this is one of the most White Sox things ever. Take a step forward and two steps back. 

Turns out nobody gives a s**t about ongoing BLM. It disappears a week after another incident and Marxist lectures from NFL fans. But yet the NFL has changed its ways. Perhaps Tony could change his ways too. Maybe he's an opener for Julius Jars Jirschelle. I grew up honoring 42 in the 60s and 70s and still don't understand where the black players went or why. I have hopes that TA7 will bring them back. 

54 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I love Crochet as much as anyone but trusting a guy with 6 professional innings in an elimiantion playoff game is not a good plan.  And game 3 was just the straw that broke the camels back.  There were lots of bad decisions leading up to that.  

What were the other bad decisions that Hahn was responsible for down the stretch?  
Did he instruct Ricky to put in Rodon at the end of the game against the Indians?  Did he do the same for Ruiz?

And was it also Hahn’s call to have Rodon pitch in game 3?   

I wasn’t in favor of Bummer being inserted so early in game 3 when he’s used to being a late inning guy, was that a Hahn move as well?

I also didn’t agree with Bummer getting pulled when he did, and I didn’t agree with Heuer getting pulled when he did.  It looked like fire chief Ricky running around in a panic trying to put the fire out.  I did not like Foster coming in with the bases loaded of course   

But I would understand if the order of pitchers in game 3 was a collective decision.  Though doesn’t make too much sense to me that it would be Hahn’s call alone.  

Did Hahn make the lineup’s?  A Suntimes article had their source say Ricky and Cooper were pushed back a bit against the metrics in their decisions.  That was telling me that Ricky was pushing to let his gut be make decisions.   I want to know who’s idea it really was to put Edwin in the 5 hole all season and game 2.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

So blacks do not play baseball because of people like TLR? Lol 

next

No kidding. TLR probably gave a blunt response to a dumb question from Passan one time, and he’s all butthurt over it. 

One’s a legend of the game. The other lives on twitter with “Elmo impersonator” in his bio. Good grief. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

No kidding. TLR probably gave a blunt response to a dumb question from Passan one time, and he’s all butthurt over it. 

One’s a legend of the game. The other lives on twitter with “Elmo impersonator” in his bio. Good grief. 

So you didn't actually read any of it, you're just assuming that it's nothing?

14 hours ago, tray said:

Putting all posts and posters aside on the managerial issue, I would get a kick out of seeing LaRussa in the 1983 throwback uniform on Sundays.

Realistically ,Tony is more well suited as an Executive in the front office at this point.

How did he do in that role in Arizona?  Isn't he the one who traded Dansby Swanson for some pitcher who get couldn't get anyone out?  His name will come to me.

Shelby Miller

Edited by oldsox

2 hours ago, nitetrain8601 said:

I do think Hinch is a little overrated. Not because of the cheating, but he didn't move the needle in Arizona at all. Also, the more I think of it, I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger penalty to Houston. I just remembered their FO was caught hacking into the Cardinals' system a few years back as well. To me I would've given them a 3 year postseason ban, take some picks.

Actually the Cardinals hacked the Astros.

I’m not in favor of hiring Hinch for the reasons stated several times already - that his non-cheating record is pedestrian at best, and there’s nothing in his body of work that suggests he’s somehow a great manager.

With that said, however, one thing the Sox would have going for them is there wouldn’t be any cheating going on with the team if he were in charge.  Because part of the league’s punishment was the stipulation that another occurrence like with the Houston scandal results in a permanent ban of him from the game.

That should be a decent enough deterrent, I should think.  

15 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Figures.  Only someone who just looks at boxscores could come up with a rationale for defending rickey 

Again, the failure of understanding the basic concept of putting your team in the best position to win is what is at play. And it's mind-boggling to me. If you followed the right process and lose it's ok. If you keep making bad decision after bad decision then blame rightfully goes on you for a loss. That's just the way it is. And if that isn't logical to a person then there's never any reason to hold the manager accountable for anything.

But this isn't exclusive. A lot of fans don't give their team incentive to improve or hold anyone accountable for anything except the players. 

Edited by KonerkoFan1

5 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'm not sure if it was shared already but this was Jeff Passan on La Russa from 2016: https://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-hypocrisy-of-tony-la-russa-and-the-understandable-fears-of-black-baseball-players-045857175.html

I'd love to know Tim Anderson's thoughts on Tony becoming the next manager. 

It's in Gonzo's article in the Trib today.  Tony doesn't want kneeling during the anthem on his team, demands respect for the flag.  I forget what the excuse was for him, Pujols and Theriot not showing when the championship team was honored at the White House. 😎

Edited by Stinky Stanky

I would think TLR would get a talking to that banning people from kneeling would be a no no in this organization.  I can’t see any way possible that that view would fly with Kenny.  And I would think Hahn and Jerry would back him up on that.  

There’s just no going back on that because it will really create some tension with TA and many on the team who support him.  Didn’t Timmy only kneel on opening day anyways?  

Seems like something that could hopefully prevent any TLR hire in the first, if he’s not able to evolve his views.