What about John Halama

Chisoxfn

Supposedly he can be had for pretty much nothing. He's a pretty solid, 30 year old left handed pitcher with starting experience and wouldn't cost the Sox much anything price wise.

How bout offering the Mariners Ginter for Halama or something along those lines.

Of course, I don't know why they want to get rid of him.

Guest hotsoxchick1

how about no......a career era of 4.54 and last season going 6-5..... i think ill pass.....he was aweful with houston and didnt do much better in seattle....he has no fast ball and no stamina......and has alot of trouble with lefty hitters..........sounds like a typical kw pick up though.......

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

how about no......a career era of 4.54 and  last season going 6-5..... i think ill pass.....he was aweful with houston and didnt do much better in seattle....he has no fast ball and no stamina......and has alot of trouble with lefty hitters..........sounds like a typical kw pick up though.......

And you wanted Suppan who has, what a career 5+ ERA?

What?

All I'm saying is Halama is a crafty lefty that had an era under 4 last year and pitched in a tough division. He ain't great, no, but he could maybe put up a 4.50 era or so and with this lineup that would be good enough. Also, he is a winning pitcher, of course thats with a real good team like the Mariners.

Guest hotsoxchick1

cerb the thing about suppan is he kills us.....he had an off season last year.. but hes done good otherwise........i think he would be a good pick up for us....as far as halama goes...well i havent really seen him in action as much so i cant honestly make a good judgement on him...........for once i gotta go with what i read on him....kinda sucks.....i would rather be able to form an opinion by seeing what he can do for myself......

I'd rather have Suppan.....he's pitched decently in the past and he has more stamina....the most innings Halama has ever thrown is about 180.....Suppan throws 200 year in and year out. Suppan has better stuff and if we signed him, he atleast wouldn't kill us every time.

Regardless, I'd rather have Paul Wilson over anyone....he's a good pitcher that knows how to pitch. He could put up 10-15 wins for us.

cerb the thing about suppan is he kills us.....he had an off season last year.. but hes done good otherwise........i think he would be a good pick up for us....

Uh... Suppan sucks. I don't know what you think good is, but he has a career ERA of 5.03 in just over 1,000 innings. In 2001 he was all right, at 10-14 with a 4.37, but other than that, he's been very inconsistent.

Jeff Suppan