Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yearnin' for Yermin

Pitching Coach Candidates

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Baker said:

Alec Hansen was Zaleski’s protege. Just sayin. 

So one minor league pitcher with pre existing control problems fails, so he shouldn't get the job. Makes sense. We all know how fail safe 2nd round picks are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

So one minor league pitcher with pre existing control problems fails, so he shouldn't get the job. Makes sense. We all know how fail safe 2nd round picks are.

He also helped turn him into a top 100 prospect who led the minors in the strikeouts.  Not Matt’s fault that Hansen is a bit of a head case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless the new pitching coach comes in and demands his own guy, I will be shocked if it’s not Zaleski.  He seems like the real deal and hiring anyone else will likely result his exiting of the organization at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Unless the new pitching coach comes in and demands his own guy, I will be shocked if it’s not Zaleski.  He seems like the real deal and hiring anyone else will likely result his exiting of the organization at some point.

Zaleski makes sense.  I would like that.  Curt Hasler ( fixed the name spelling ) is basically Don Cooper.  They have similar beliefs and is not a move in a different direction. 

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 12:45 PM, southsideirish71 said:

Zaleski makes sense.  I would like that.  Curt Hasler ( fixed the name spelling ) is basically Don Cooper.  They have similar beliefs and is not a move in a different direction. 

This is not accurate. Hasler is a development guy and has been doing all the data related stuff and tech on the big league level of late. He’s nothing like Cooper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Mr plow. That’s my name. That name again is mr plow

Mr plow is a loser and I think he is a boozer.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This is not accurate. Hasler is a development guy and has been doing all the data related stuff and tech on the big league level of late. He’s nothing like Cooper. 

Who do you prefer of all the internal options?  I can’t recall what you said on the FA Podcast other than leaving Teaford where he’s at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who do you prefer of all the internal options?  I can’t recall what you said on the FA Podcast other than leaving Teaford where he’s at.

I’d be fine with Hasler but it kind of depends what they think Zaleski is long term. If he’s their pitching coach soon, making Hasler the pitching coach now might not make sense. If Zaleski is the long term plan, maybe he becomes PC now and Hasler stays in bullpen. It just depends I guess. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×