White Sox fan taunts Astros during ALCS

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yea I mean if we applied "it's just a game" why get upset or show emotion about any of this ? Why have a message board. Why the outcry about Rickey ? Everyone just shut up . It's just a game.

On the bright side we know the first guy deleting his account to devote his time to something way more important. 

It’s kind of annoying how no one understands my point.

What the Astros did isn’t OK. They should be made fun of. They should be heckled and booed. They should be reminded of it, and they should have to read all sorts of clever, insulting signs when they go on the road.

But this dude? This dude came off as preening. Change the wording, make the taunts FUNNY, and carry on. That’s it.

I love baseball and I love the White Sox. When I was ten, a bad loss could make me cry. When I was 20, a bad loss could put me in a foul mood for a day or two. At 35, I’m over it pretty much as soon as I turn it off. I’ll still have my opinions and thoughts about what path we should take, but it’s not anything I could actually affect so it doesn’t really matter. I enjoy this but there are far more important issues in my own life.

Just now, Dallas Kong said:

What the Astros did isn’t OK. They should be made fun of. They should be heckled and booed. They should be reminded of it, and they should have to read all sorts of clever, insulting signs when they go on the road.

But this dude? This dude came off as preening. Change the wording, make the taunts FUNNY, and carry on. That’s it.

I love baseball and I love the White Sox. When I was ten, a bad loss could make me cry. When I was 20, a bad loss could put me in a foul mood for a day or two. At 35, I’m over it pretty much as soon as I turn it off. I’ll still have my opinions and thoughts about what path we should take, but it’s not anything I could actually affect so it doesn’t really matter. I enjoy this but there are far more important issues in my own life.

Dude, when you cheat, AND act like an arrogant douchebag after being caught... you reap what you sow. You made your bed and now have to lie in it. And you deserve it.

And they got off so damn easy. No fans in the stands to boo them out of stadiums and many less games for them to get raw treatment.

9 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Dude, when you cheat, AND act like an arrogant douchebag after being caught... you reap what you sow. You made your bed and now have to lie in it. And you deserve it.

And they got off so damn easy. No fans in the stands to boo them out of stadiums and many less games for them to get raw treatment.

I mean, Hinch and Luhnow got suspended for a year. And the lack of fans and fewer games obviously wasn’t related to any desire that the Astros get off scot free. What more would you have wanted them to do?

56 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

You’ve literally spent more time ripping this dude than said dude spent ripping the cheating Astros.

41 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

I mean, Hinch and Luhnow got suspended for a year. And the lack of fans and fewer games obviously wasn’t related to any desire that the Astros get off scot free. What more would you have wanted them to do?

How do Hinch & Luhnow getting suspended affect the players who got off scot free?

2 hours ago, Dallas Kong said:

A LOT more actually, but that is far besides the relevant point here.

They deserve everything they get. If your logic is "well, no one's dying so it's not a big deal" then there's really no point for repercussions or criticism over anything else, is there?

Again, they are getting off EASY. Heckling is the least of it.

4 hours ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

I love the uppity desperation responses from people who have lost an argument.

Well, rather than discussing the event and what they think of it, which should be the point of a message board, some people just want to insert their lame ass snark. It's dumb. I've made my point, I think this dude's a screechy dork. If anyone wants to disagree and think this dude's some sort of hero and the Astros are total villains, that's their right. Have fun with it.

25 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Well, rather than discussing the event and what they think of it, which should be the point of a message board, some people just want to insert their lame ass snark. It's dumb. I've made my point, I think this dude's a screechy dork. If anyone wants to disagree and think this dude's some sort of hero and the Astros are total villains, that's their right. Have fun with it.

You do realize what you quoted from me was directed to YOU, right?

The one being snarky was YOU. And your clearly poor logic is what was "dumb." Your response is classic projection. I also don't think anyone seriously called him a hero and I'm not sure how the Astros aren't villains in this story. 

Feel free to elaborate, but you seem to have made it clear that you can't. (Which is the natural result of being invalidated)

Edited by KonerkoFan1

42 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

You do realize what you quoted from me was directed to YOU, right?

The one being snarky was YOU. And your clearly poor logic is what was "dumb." Your response is classic projection. I also don't think anyone seriously called him a hero and I'm not sure how the Astros aren't villains in this story. 

Feel free to elaborate, but you seem to have made it clear that you can't. (Which is the natural result of being invalidated)

The poster I was responding to was being snarky, and plenty of people are praising this dude on the first page including calling him a legend, but that's beside the point.

About the scandal itself, baseball has besmirched itself for years. I grew up during the steroid era. Our single-season home run record is undeniable bullshit several times over, and so is our career home run record. Nothing was done about Bonds and McGwire and countless others except for them not getting HOF votes. Except more and more I read that those guys should finally be allowed into Cooperstown (not everybody says this, but there are certainly many who are ready to move on from any grudges). So that's cool and those guys merit no punishment or lasting damnation for irreversibly fucking up the game, but this does?

Some people say they should be banned for life. Nope. Not when people like Nelson Cruz are finding magical second winds at 40. I love the game, but it's stained and there's no going back. Prevent the Astros and anybody else from doing this in the future, but the past is the past.

Also, from the sound of it, Jose Altuve hated the scheme and would yell at people who tried to employ it during his at bats. FWIW.

7 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

The poster I was responding to was being snarky, and plenty of people are praising this dude on the first page including calling him a legend, but that's beside the point.

About the scandal itself, baseball has besmirched itself for years. I grew up during the steroid era. Our single-season home run record is undeniable bullshit several times over, and so is our career home run record. Nothing was done about Bonds and McGwire and countless others except for them not getting HOF votes. Except more and more I read that those guys should finally be allowed into Cooperstown (not everybody says this, but there are certainly many who are ready to move on from any grudges). So that's cool and those guys merit no punishment or lasting damnation for irreversibly fucking up the game, but this does?

Some people say they should be banned for life. Nope. Not when people like Nelson Cruz are finding magical second winds at 40. I love the game, but it's stained and there's no going back. Prevent the Astros and anybody else from doing this in the future, but the past is the past.

Also, from the sound of it, Jose Altuve hated the scheme and would yell at people who tried to employ it during his at bats. FWIW.

Really? So you follow up by being considerably more childish WHILE failing to provide cointerpoints when he actually provided one? That's called concession. You were simply looking for an out, found it and took it.

Again, bullshit logic to be frank. The fact that you claim that it simply happens (probably a fair assumption, agreeably) doesn't make it okay. That's just absurd, grade school level thinking. "Hey, everyone's doing it! So that makes it okay!" The guys cheated and they got caught and they deserve everything they get. Especially when numerous of them act like arrogant douche bags in response to the backlash.

People calling him a hero is something called hyperbole. 

Well, what some people say is not necessarily what I say, and I disagree although I do believe the punishment should have been harsher. That said, that's not actually the point here. You keep deflecting and bringing up things that have nothing to do with the actual point.

Hilariously enough, altuve's involvement and subsequent response was not exactly the smoothest.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

4 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Really? So you follow up by being considerably more childish WHILE failing to provide cointerpoints when he actually provided one? That's called concession. You were simply looking for an out, found it and took it.

Again, bullshit logic to be frank. The fact that you claim that it simply happens (probably a fair assumption, agreeably) doesn't make it okay. That's just absurd, grade school level thinking. "Hey, everyone's doing it! So that makes it okay!" The guys cheated and they got caught and they deserve everything they get. Especially when numerous of them act like arrogant douche bags in response to the backlash.

People calling him a hero is something called hyperbole. 

Well, what some people say is not necessarily what I say, and I disagree although I do believe the punishment should have been harsher. That said, that's not actually the point here. You keep deflecting and bringing up things that have nothing to do with the actual point.

Hilariously enough, altuve's involvement and subsequent response was not exactly the smoothest.

This is so convoluted at this point that I've forgotten what the actual point is.

Tim Kanter is a pompous goofball who takes this way too seriously. The Astros shouldn't have cheated, but baseball's had problems with cheaters for decades. The other cheaters did far more damage and went totally unpunished. Makes it hard to care about this particular instance of it.

That is my point. You're welcome to disagree.

1 hour ago, Dallas Kong said:

This is so convoluted at this point that I've forgotten what the actual point is.

Tim Kanter is a pompous goofball who takes this way too seriously. The Astros shouldn't have cheated, but baseball's had problems with cheaters for decades. The other cheaters did far more damage and went totally unpunished. Makes it hard to care about this particular instance of it.

That is my point. You're welcome to disagree.

It's not convoluted. It's pretty plainly spoken. 

If it's convoluted to you it's because you have brought up numerous things that are besides the point; you made it convoluted.

Again, I could care less what we "disagree" on. Your logic simply doesn't work and negates any point of ever discussing the negative effects of anything. Your "point" isn't valid.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

40 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

If it's convoluted to you it's because you have brought up numerous things that are besides the point; you made it convoluted.

Again, I could care less what we "disagree" on. Your logic simply doesn't work and negates any point of ever discussing the negative effects of anything. Your "point" isn't valid.

Goodness, man. We’re not arguing about the color of the sky- it’s all subjective. There isn’t a lone objective answer or valid point that can be made regarding the Astros scandal. I don’t think it’s all that egregious, you and others do. It’s the epitome of agree-to-disagree.

52 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

On the other hand you are coming off as some kind of psychoanalytical debate team coach infatuated with your own intellect. Maybe you 2 should just stop but who will be the adult and not insist on the last word.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Dallas Kong said:

Goodness, man. We’re not arguing about the color of the sky- it’s all subjective. There isn’t a lone objective answer or valid point that can be made regarding the Astros scandal. I don’t think it’s all that egregious, you and others do. It’s the epitome of agree-to-disagree.

Subjectivity is not an issue. Your faulty logic is.