World Series- Dodgers vs Rays

flavum

Players I'm excited to see: Glasnow, Azorena (Its going to take a while before I can spell that right from memory), More Dustin May/Buehler, Mookie in RF and Bellinger

going to be fun. But a Glasnow/Kershaw game will be epic.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Glasnow

Grew up in my home town and if I was born a decade plus later, we would have played each other. Instead, I got James Shields.

When I could hit him I knew he wasn’t someone we should be trading for. 

Wait... shouldn’t go there.

11 hours ago, hi8is said:

Grew up in my home town and if I was born a decade plus later, we would have played each other. Instead, I got James Shields.

When I could hit him I knew he wasn’t someone we should be trading for. 

Wait... shouldn’t go there.

You've gotten a hit off Big Game James??

Sad Reinsdorf and his fellow owners  stripped interest in the sport to the point of having the lowest televised interest and ratings in the history of the sport, despite record population.

https://www.thewrap.com/world-series-game-1-least-watched-ever-dodgers-rays-fox/

This is what happens when you strip all local over the air broadcasts. White Sox and Cubs both eliminated all local  broadcasts in 2020, would expect continued erosion of interest.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

20 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sad Reinsdorf and his fellow owners  stripped interest in the sport to the point of having the lowest televised interest and ratings in the history of the sport, despite record population.

https://www.thewrap.com/world-series-game-1-least-watched-ever-dodgers-rays-fox/

This is what happens when you strip all local over the air broadcasts. White Sox and Cubs both eliminated all local  broadcasts in 2020, would expect continued erosion of interest.

For the record, WGN dumped live sports and not the other way around. 

That said, that has absolutely zero to do with how many people tuned in to see two completely different teams not from Chicago. But nice stretch to bring JR into something that was absolutely nothing to do with Chicago baseball.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

For the record, WGN dumped live sports and not the other way around. 

That said, that has absolutely zero to do with how many people tuned in to see two completely different teams not from Chicago. But nice stretch to bring JR into something that was absolutely nothing to do with Chicago baseball.

I am quite bummed since I cut the cord that I can't watch The World Series on Network TV. No link here to watch it online either. I also find it very odd that I can watch the channels that football is played on but I mysteriously don't get reception of those channels when Sunday rolls around. I thought free TV was supposed to be free . I can't help but think somehow the NFL is making it harder to get the games on Network TV. Isn't that supposed to not happen ?

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I am quite bummed since I cut the cord that I can't watch The World Series on Network TV. No link here to watch it online either. I also find it very odd that I can watch the channels that football is played on but I mysteriously don't get reception of those channels when Sunday rolls around. I thought free TV was supposed to be free . I can't help but think somehow the NFL is making it harder to get the games on Network TV. Isn't that supposed to not happen ?

Antenna? 

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Antenna? 

Well I don't have a fancy antenna but since I can get those channels on every day but Sunday the strength of my antenna shouldn't matter right ?  Does the number of people watching have any effect ? Shouldn't the signal strength be the same regardless of how many are watching ? I can watch CBS and Fox all week but Sunday.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

28 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well I don't have a fancy antenna but since I can get those channels on every day but Sunday the strength of my antenna shouldn't matter right ?  Does the number of people watching have any effect ? Shouldn't the signal strength be the same regardless of how many are watching ? I can watch CBS and Fox all week but Sunday.

The signal strength should not be affected by viewership but details like weather and atmospheric conditions can affect it. 

57 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The signal strength should not be affected by viewership but details like weather and atmospheric conditions can affect it. 

Its sunny southern california , you used to live here. Would seem very odd here if atmospheric conditions and weather were just bad on Sundays. After hearing from you I am now convinced more than ever that it's the NFL's doing.