Tony or Ricky

sin city sox fan

Better manager for 2021?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have managing the White Sox in 2021?

• Tony LaRussa
    • Ricky Renteria

Tony of course. I am in total favor of hiring a Hall of Famer named Tony LaRussa. It's fate he wins 2 WS titles with his Sox. Jerry wants to write a wrong, fix the karma. Tony knows what needs to be done IMO to help the younguns. Eloy needs help on D; Robert needs to adjust a bit. Hire Tony please.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mqr said:

Who gives a shit, because neither is going to be the manager next year. 

But it’s Ricky and it’s not remotely close. 

I used to believe that.....however, I now believe it’s Tony’s job if he wants it.   And if we aren’t getting Ozzie, I really don’t think it’s a bad fallback option.   The biggest problem this team had this year was bullpen management and that has never been a problem with LaRussa teams.

3 hours ago, mqr said:

Who gives a shit, because neither is going to be the manager next year. 

But it’s Ricky and it’s not remotely close. 

I totally agree that neither is going to be our manager next year.   However, if I need to pick between these two...It's Tony without any doubt.

3 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

I used to believe that.....however, I now believe it’s Tony’s job if he wants it.   And if we aren’t getting Ozzie, I really don’t think it’s a bad fallback option.   The biggest problem this team had this year was bullpen management and that has never been a problem with LaRussa teams.

I think he'll be good.  He'll run the bullpen correctly, play the guys who are supposed to play and hit guys where they're supposed to hit.  Pretty simple.  

• Like 1

I wonder if spreading the  la russa rumor is a tactical move so that people are more willing to accept hinch (kinda as the lesser evil). 

Kinda like people don't really want hinch after the scandal but if he can avoid la russa you are kinda OK with it. 

Maybe Hahn already has a Deal with hinch (maybe even before RS end) but he can't say it because it would be a serious breach with mlb rules to negotiate with a suspended manager while season is still going so the la russa thing is just a smoke screen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

I wonder if spreading the  la russa rumor is a tactical move so that people are more willing to accept hinch (kinda as the lesser evil). 

Kinda like people don't really want hinch after the scandal but if he can avoid la russa you are kinda OK with it. 

Maybe Hahn already has a Deal with hinch (maybe even before RS end) but he can't say it because it would be a serious breach with mlb rules to negotiate with a suspended manager while season is still going so the la russa thing is just a smoke screen. 

The bolded would lead me to believe that there is no secret deal in place.

So what if Tony is old. Can I remind you all HALL OF FAME MANAGER? He'll be motivated too with these young studs to coach! There's a lot of Tony hate not on here but Twitter. Sox have a ton of holes. We need a HOF voice to wake up Hahn/Jerry to reality. Got to do some work this offseason.

Edited by greg775