Tony or Ricky

sin city sox fan

Better manager for 2021?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have managing the White Sox in 2021?

• Tony LaRussa
    • Ricky Renteria

7 hours ago, oldsox said:

Is Tony one of those guys who calls all the pitches from the dugout?  Never liked it.

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Fairly sure he let Yadi Molina call the game 

At least early in Molina's career a lot of it probably came from Dave Duncan.

30 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Hope it’s made official soon. Maybe they’re waiting to announce it until a World Series game so the broadcast cuts away with a breaking news update, like when A-Rod opted out. 

I think that Sandy Alomar will be the pick. He is Latin and a legend among these folks. A great catcher and knows pitching well. Just a solid baseball man. Not sure he is up on all of the analytics that are getting applied now but he can find one of those guys to set the defenses, shifts, etc. I don't like cheaters and Hinch, Cora, and LaRussa all were cheaters.

13 hours ago, knightni said:

I'd rather have a clubhouse guy who sucks on the field than an elitist with a superiority complex who's past his prime and won't accept advice from anyone.

Yea definitely RR over TLR by a wide margin for me. RR did exactly what the Sox wanted him to do. He managed when the SOx sucked and got to manage them a year when they were good.  I think the hate for him snowballed where it got to the point that he was blamed for the sinking of the Titanic. I think the players loved the guy and respected him also. He made a good pie.

• Thanks 1