Sam Fuld

bmags

Tired of larussa talk so lets do it.

Pros:

Good name, I could see it working

I like "Rising Star" as a thing

Cons:

No experience

Stanford - annoying alumni, but maybe this is a pro as they are less annoying than michigan (sorry @Brian )

His name's pun potential more often denotes bad things so maybe we'll put it in the bad column too

20 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’m hoping that Fuld is AJ Hinch’s bench coach. That would be tremendous. 

Ok now I can see that happening and would like that a lot but Fuld as a manager to start out. Ehhh I don’t know about that especially with having no experience. It’s like with AJP, he would be better starting off as a bench coach before manager. 

Edited by maloney.adam

34 minutes ago, Tony said:

Man I'm getting old......When I clicked on this post I thought it was discussing him a possible fit as a backup OF......Geez....

I hope the World Series ends quickly. The names that have been thrown around lately have been nothing but confusing and kind of ridiculous to say the least.

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, KipWellsFan said:

What is a Major League Information Coordinator?

https://thatballsouttahere.com/2019/10/13/phillies-sam-fuld-manager-candidate/

Fuld’s role on Gabe Kapler’s staff was to “integrate the use of information in all areas of on-field performance and preparation and make recommendations regarding the most effective areas of future research and analysis.”

Essentially, he told the players which analytics could help them during the game.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Interesting, however prefer managerial experience over all

I'm actualy opposite here. I think we've started to overemphasize this hire too much. I'd rather see white sox re-imagine the manager role than lean back on the 2010 era. Hinch/Cora/Quatraro are the inbetween there and the ideal but hinch cora have baggggage